It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Times do Change.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I was thinking about music as it relates to the time. I'm sure we wouldn't have to look too hard to find something that would NEVER get play in 1960's. Probably most of it. But what about the music then to now? Would these play today?

I don't think so. That's frickin creepy really. TODAY, that's the point.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I actually heard Ringo Star - You're Sixteen the other day on SiriusXM on the 70s channel.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Maybe something like this?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Maybe if you're in your teens. Not so much when you're older, seeing as the songs are geared toward teenage romance. Good songs, by the way.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Made by older guys. None of this was Beiberish age stuff. That wouldn't play today imo.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Great idea for a thread. Good call. I've often thought the same thing myself and I have attempted to voice it humorously to friends.

I'm a girl watcher takes the cake.

I'd say no. They would not get play and anyone involved in the recording efforts would be jailed for pre-crime offenses.

Seriously, you nailed it: totally perverted stalker-tunes.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Back in the days when there was a thing called talent and they didn't rely on autotune lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

At least Gary Puckett was begging the much-too-young girl in question to stop causing his pedophilic thoughts.
It is funny how there wasn't such a creep factor with these back then add there would be now.

Hmm... Though now there's trash like Miley Cyrus and her pro-pedophilia song(s?) I guess as long as it's the young female encouraging it, it's ok today? Yuck.
edit on 6/20/2016 by dogstar23 because: Miley Cyrus is a demon.

edit on 6/20/2016 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I liked John Fred and his Playboy Band...

Some said this was a satire of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, but I don't know...
edit on 20-6-2016 by NightFlight because: addendumb

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It was in the early 80s I think when The Police put out "Every Breath You Take." I was astounded when it became popular because to me it was a song about stalking---then I'll be dipped if it didn't win all kinds of awards! That is still one of the creepiest songs I've ever known of.
Admittedly, I was coming out of a relationship with a fellow who was obsessed with knowing every move I'd made and every word I'd said in the time we were apart while I was at work. Still creeps me out to hear that song.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

'Don't Stand So Close To Me' creeped me out.

High school issues for sure.

Seems like The Police had issues too!

:/

new topics

top topics

join