It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there was ever a time to worry about WW3 now is it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Looking at the location russia bombed kurdish rebels that area is a supply route for the battle in palmyra. They drove isis out out the city but they still surround it. The danger for assad is simple loss of that area to the Kurds mean that if Isis falls domascus could be easily walled in. Us is putting support to the Kurds and thus scares alot of middle east countries. They don't want the Kurds to establish there homeland. And the middle east has been driving them out of the area for hundreds of years. The Kurds believe that one day they will get kurdistan back.
edit on 6/20/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Soapusmaximus
It's not a game/simulation to them. They are doing what they have always done, destabilizing countries to prop up u.s. friendly governments so our corporations can extract resources and make profits. They have been doing this since at least the gulf war. Now Russia has sufficiently recovered from the soviet collapse and is frowning upon our callous overturning of russian-friendly governments, like Syria. This could get ugly real quick. Or it could fizzle to nothing. Hard to say, but I'm nervous. Why the hell were we in Ukraine? That was the height of stupidity. What would we do if Russia took sides in the drug war in mexico? Ethical implications aside, from here it looks like a lot of tactical idiocy.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

Here's the initial story of a close encounter between Russia and the USA this past week over the skies of Syria. Sorry I don't know how to quote articles.

I'm going to try and tell you something ... if I was in Putin's step ... nuclear war would already upon you. If it was up to me, I wouldn't waste my time with the middle east in this situation ... a 30 year war in the middle east, produces millions of dead, and we're already flooded with refugees ... the reality of the situation is, that we might as well nuke the place ... the situation would be equivalent, except it would *end* instead of dragging on.

The Russians are actually "nice" guys ... in reality, too nice for their own good. They wanna "play ball". Me, see no reason to ... of course, if I say "nuke" you'd say "then we nuke you".

And I reply, really? Are you willing to take your children out, and your mom and dad and everyone in your neighbourhood and shoot them ... in solidarity with Europe? If your answer to this question is "yes" ... you're literally retarded. Literally. Nobody would do that ... and then you'd probably say, "the Russians are in the same situation".

And my answer is ... NO, they're not. They are right now, with their backs to the wall. There is only "win" for them ... because any other road, will eventually lead to their destruction. They might as well make a fight for it.

The perpetrators in this situation, are not the Russians ... but Europe and the US. People who behave like robbers and literally are mass murderers, throughout history. The war in the middle east, was never a necessity ... 9/11 for the US, got 3000 killed, the US went on a frenzy and murderer millions in a World War of their own ... is that justice? Children in Fallujah, born hideous and deformed to the point it is beyond what Germany did to the Jews.

You might say, that the entire situation is like UEFA ... the European football association, tournament ... Russia vs. England and Russia, despite all odds ... make a 1-1 against England. England goes on a frenzy and burns the Russian flag, and generally behave like the inherent retards they are and always have been. But it's all the Russians fault, because they dare to make a draw against England, in Englands "own" game and then fight back.

So, you see ... you don't really have anything to worry about. Putin is a nice guy, he wants to play ball ... play by the rules. ... if it was me, the situation would be quite different ...

If we'd compare the US vs. Russia, with Game of Thrones ... the US is Ramsey Snow (or Bolton), the EU is Umber who is betraying their own, and Russia is Jon Snow. Except in the series, Jon Snow is "saved" by Sansa ... in real life, there is no "Sansa" to save Russia.

edit on 21/6/2016 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

It's a concerning topic for sure, but realistically, what can you or I do to stop it from happening? What is destined to happen will happen regardless of our feelings on the matter.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: Joneselius

Specifically, most of the foreign belligerents in the war in Syria are gas-exporting countries with interests in one of the two competing pipeline projects that seek to cross Syrian territory to deliver either Qatari or Iranian gas to Europe.
www.foreignaffairs.com... tack

God forbid the Syrians from being able to choose who's pipeline they want running through their own country. A small hint, they chose Russia.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Nice to know you are wanting nuclear war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join