It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current fighter 'flaws': sifting through the rhetoric...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
There are flaws in every aircraft since the dawn of flight..Using their strengths in tactics and with pilot training is key..

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

To get back to the euro-canards. Rafale and EF are 4.5gen multi-role fighters with very rudimentary stealth. Both are highly maneuverable. The Rafale is carrier capable and is the better bomber. The EF is the better interceptor optimized for both sub- and supersonic regimes.

The EF has suffered from delays due to politics. Many of the variants flying are not as capable as they could be...
edit on 21-6-2016 by moebius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

To get back to the euro-canards. Rafale and EF are 4.5gen multi-role fighters with very rudimentary stealth. Both are highly maneuverable. The Rafale is carrier capable and is the better bomber. The EF is the better interceptor optimized for both sub- and supersonic regimes.

The EF has suffered from delays due to politics. Many of the variants flying are not as capable as they could be...

Sounds like the EF has followed a similar path as the F-22...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Not really. The F-22 is an air superiority fighter. It's also one generation ahead of the EF. I don't buy the 4.5 moniker. It's a 4th gen, nothing more nothing less. It's too expensive for what it is. That's why there have only been less than 500 made in over 20 years. It's no guaranteed winner against any other 4th gen aircraft. The only 4th gen fighter that has shown dominance on paper and in the air is the Eagle thanks mostly to the fact that the Israelis have been bullying anything else in the air with theirs for years.

I'd say that the F-22 wins every time against any 4th gens. There are no credible sources for this claim. Just speculation.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caughtlurking

Not really. The F-22 is an air superiority fighter. It's also one generation ahead of the EF. I don't buy the 4.5 moniker. It's a 4th gen, nothing more nothing less. It's too expensive for what it is. That's why there have only been less than 500 made in over 20 years. It's no guaranteed winner against any other 4th gen aircraft. The only 4th gen fighter that has shown dominance on paper and in the air is the Eagle thanks mostly to the fact that the Israelis have been bullying anything else in the air with theirs for years.

I'd say that the F-22 wins every time against any 4th gens. There are no credible sources for this claim. Just speculation.

Oh, I get the distinction. Gen. and capability-wise, between the two. The point of comparison was the political side and the not as capable as it should be. The F-22 could have had lots more goodies from the get go and many are still sitting at some future dated upgrades.

Communications, HMCS, air to ground capabilities, come to mind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join