It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKIP, Thomas Mair and the killing of Jo Cox - Potentially linked.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
A picture has surfaced of UKIPs Neil Hamilton addressing the Springbok Club in 1999, which had links to Mair when he was listed in one of their publications as a supporter.

Picture below, apologies, I can't seem to post a picture directly, as the ATS media storage options don't work for me.

Hamilton

The Springbok Club also has links to the Swinton Circle, which is a Tory advocacy group.

Swinton Club

//www.independent.co.uk/news/people/jo-cox-dead-thomas-mair-suspect-south-africa-apartheid-a7086426.html]Mair Springbok Links[/url]

So we've got the leader of Welsh UKIP addressing the same extremist group that Mair was a member of...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz
2 years after the Conservative party and 11 years before UKIP.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I'm not sure I get your point?

If he was sufficiently extremist in his racist views to speak at a Springbok Club event, are we to assume that joining UKIP changed his character enough that this isn't relevent that he's connected to the same extremist group that Mair was a member of?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Hamilton's always been a xenophobic little Englander , no surprise he'd give a talk to a right wing club.
He and his wife turn my stomach but I don't think he has any links to the murderer of Jo Cox.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
From what we have found out so far about this guy he head a history of mental illness and also seems to have extreme right wing views and his limited biography so far depicts a individual who had links to far right groups spanning over many years.

The question really seems to be then, was it his mental health, his political views or a toxic mix of both that drove him to kill Jo Cox?

At this stage i think it is too early to tell, what I would say is that just because someone has mental health issues does not mean they do not know what they are doing. This guy will be assessed by psychiatrists who will deem if he had the capacity to understand what he was doing, if he is found to have been of sound mind at the time of the killing then his far right political views will then become the prime motivation for the killings.

Like most of Europe the far right is growing, its no longer on the fringe, they are a growing threat as their brand of politics incites hate which breeds violence. The fear that is being cultivated on both sides of the political divide in this country is feeding those on the far right with lots of fear-mongering over the threats of immigration, refugees and Islam.

Its a ideology and I believe it killed Jo Cox.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

My point was that at that time a solid rump of the Tory party could be found at these sorts of things.

Thatcher herself once supposedly referred to Mandela as a terrorist.

I'd say this is more about the Conservative party than UKIP.

(Not that I have any time for either of the Hamiltons)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Just saw this thread shared on Twitter and thought I'd add some extra information on UKIP/Tory links to Springbok and the Swinton Circle.

There were originally several Swinton Circle groups, but the London branch was the only one that prospered.

This original Swinton Circle was notorious in the 1980s and still exists today. It was part of the Conservative Party, much like the Monday Club and considered as being on the far-right of the Party, linked to pro-Apartheid views, neo-Nazism and neo-colonialism. It isn't however part of the Party any more but Tories still affiliated on an individual level such as Liam Fox. They were Powellist, colonialist and undoubtedly racist. During this time the Swinton Circle was led by Beryl Carthew, who would go on to run UKIP's London office.

Those who have spoken at Swinton Circle events include Nigel Farage, Neil Hamilton, Douglas Carswell and Liam Fox.

They've always been very supportive of Lain Duncan Smith and supported his candidacy for the leadership, whether he's directly linked or spoken at events is unknown.

Their current views espouse mass deportation alongside current UKIP policy such as leaving the EU and the more far-right things Farage has come out with such as on immigrant rapists.

From their February 2014 newsletter:

"Whilst only a few blacks were actually transported, the episode serves as a precedent. As the principle of the mass movement of people is accepted by all the mainstream parties, then would it not be difficult to argue against the mass movement of people from Britain to say some part of Africa?"

Link: www.theguardian.com...

Alan Harvey, who also ran the Springbok Club, was Chair of the Swinton Circle till 2008 when he was kicked out under suspicion of being an agent of the anti-fascist magazine Searchlight. He then set up a rival group, also under the name Swinton Circle or Real Swinton Circle, which didn't gain much traction in 2009 and was mostly comprised of Springbok loyalists. Harvey was a former member of the National Front in the 1970s and has been a member of the North Thanet Conservative Association since 1994. Nigel Farage of course contested South Thanet in 2015.

Farage spoke at an event for the original Swinton Circle where he spoke about the EU in 2005.

Douglas Carswell was guest of honour at the Swinton Circle's 2006 summer buffet.

Harvey was Chairman when both these individuals spoke.

Neil Hamilton's links to the Springbok Club and Alan Harvey are covered here www.independent.co.uk...

Current members of the Swinton Circle include former National Front leader Ian Anderson.

The Springbok Club meanwhile was founded in 1996 as a merger between the White Rhino Club and the Rhodesian Forum by Harvey and Bill Binding.

Bill Binding is a former deputy head of the British Klu-Klux-Klan.

Claudia Dalgleish, formerly a high ranking BNP member, close confidant of Nick Griffin and partner of Eddy Butler, was secretary to Harvey. Since she left the BNP she's been linked with the Rochester Conservative Party and photographed with Mark Reckless MP.

In February 2001 Alan Harvey was quoted on WorldNetDaily saying that he personally believed that "the white man will return to Africa and rule one day"

Later, in July 2001 the Nationalist Movement of the United States stated that Alan Harvey says that he is working to restore the British Empire through the Springbok Club.

"Re-establishment of a British colony—any colony—would make it infinitely easier to remove the dangerously large number of aliens from the UK," he said.

The journalist Johann Hari stated in an article in The New Republic in 2007 that "The British High Commission in South Africa has accused the club of spreading 'hate literature' "

Thomas Mair had incredibly strong views on South Africa as you can see here m.facebook.com...
edit on 20-6-2016 by IchabodCrane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I’m still wondering about the Britain First links. Since we have so few pictures of the guy it’s difficult to know, and I also have no concern if I have got this wrong as I have nil respect for anybody standing next to that buffoon, but I do wonder if this is him here...

new topics

top topics

join