It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO NOT RENT OR BUY 10 Cloverfield Lane

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I liked it. It was better than the first one.

John Goodman should get an Oscar.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Cloverfield was the pits - Godzilla a la found footage - so any sequels thereof are sure to be equally lame. Haven't watched it, Cloverfield was enough.
edit on 20.6.2016 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
It has 4 stars on apple Tv and 90% good rating on Rotten. BUlllllllllcrap.

I want my money back. Terrible freaking movie. I actually want my money back, $5.99 to rent this?

Spoilers:

Chick gets abducted into a bunker by some weird dude. He's fat (John Goodman). There is another dude in the bunker. That's the majority of the movie. Can't go outside because people go crazy, chick looks through a part of the bunker with a window and sees crazy lady (this is never explained). Goodman shoots the weird superfluous character that still has an arm sling for no reason. Chick kills Goodman (or so you think) escaping, then the bunker blows up (he wasn't dead) and in the last 10 minutes of the movie the girl who had dreams aout being a fashion designer wears a suit she made to combat the bad air and realizes its aliens. No joke. Aliens. You see space ship, the house that was presumably over the bunker turns into a space ship, or is melted at this point who cares. Heroine puts her water bottle mask back on to protect from the weird green gas from the alien ship, it WAS TERRIBLE.

It's a few hours of watching a girl that can't act doing nothing in a bunker followed by the most dumbass conclusion that seems bent on insulting anyone who paid money to watch the movie.

If it wasn't for the dragging plot the movie would e hysterical. It should have been 15 minutes, dumb plot and bad acting, then 10 minutes of crappy CGI to laugh at.

I thought it was fantastic.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Movie was absolutely pointless.

At one point in the film, Goodman's character references his daughter. Has a picture of his daughter. Talks about his daughter. His daughter his these green earrings in said picture.

The main character (she was horrible) asks Goodman about his daughter and they converse. Later in the film, the girl uncovers and finds the green earrings his daughter was wearing and they have blood on them. Also - she uncovers that the picture of the guys "daughter," is not his daughter at all - it's actually a girl that went missing and body was never found.

And J.J. Abrams decided to never comment, or bother elaborating on this at any point throughout the remainder of the film. Instead - TAKE MAH CGI-ENDING AND ALIIIIIEEEENZZZZ," and it was literally so stupid I was laughing.

That movie had NO coherent storytelling. It has ZERO suspension, ZERO character, and the writing?

BAHAHAHAHAH, it was horrible!

So aliens have released a toxin that's killing people, but some girl down in a bunker can survive said ALIEN toxin using #ing duct-tape?

This movie was absolutely horrible and completely pointless. So, so bad.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Cube was a fantastic movie... but you're not wrong in that it's essentially just people getting killed in a cube.

The cloverfield movie was... meh.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This movie was only good at the last ten or twenty minutes. I cat believe I watched it in theaters. Yea the acting was good, the writing, so-so. It was just boring to all hell. And where is my giant beast dinosaur alien looking thing?? I want to see monsters rampaging through a city damnit!!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I agree..cloverfield sucked but the cube was AWESOME...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Even though I liked it, I WOULD have been disappointed if I paid to watch it in a theater...

I got it from redbox, $1.50, and watched it in comfort, at home...

I didn't know what to expect. I kept changing my guess as to what was going to be the big reveal... Kept getting it wrong, until the payoff, which was one of my first guesses... It was suspenseful...

I dunno... I just liked it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What did I take away from this movie?

Preppers are molesters, and prepping is wrong, oh right and girls who can't act are really good at killing gigantic alien monsters.

I give the movie -1 star, it would have been 1 star but it seriously wasted my time and money.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
People who say this is the slowest and dumbest movie ever, better not watch The Witch.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I always watch the movies that the critics say are bad.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
What did I take away from this movie?

Preppers are molesters, and prepping is wrong, oh right and girls who can't act are really good at killing gigantic alien monsters.

I give the movie -1 star, it would have been 1 star but it seriously wasted my time and money.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead can act. Not sure how you can say she cant.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
To all those who just wanted mindless, idiotic violence with no storyline, can i suggest the Transformers movies. or independence Day. They will be right up your street.

Meanwhile the rest of us who can sit through a film that doesnt have an explosion every five minutes will continue to enjoy well acted and written thrillers like this.The aliens outside where meant to be on the peripheral. THAT was the point.

Just like in Signs. It wasn't meant to be a big alien invasion film. It was a story of one man and his family, amidst an an alien invasion. But got panned because the idiots who just wanted to see Independence Day and totally missed the point.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
To all those who just wanted mindless, idiotic violence with no storyline, can i suggest the Transformers movies. or independence Day. They will be right up your street.

Meanwhile the rest of us who can sit through a film that doesnt have an explosion every five minutes will continue to enjoy well acted and written thrillers like this.The aliens outside where meant to be on the peripheral. THAT was the point.

Just like in Signs. It wasn't meant to be a big alien invasion film. It was a story of one man and his family, amidst an an alien invasion. But got panned because the idiots who just wanted to see Independence Day and totally missed the point.

But Signs still maintained my interest. I plan on hitting Independence day ASAP. I did not knock the writing at all in this movie, it just did not even come close to feeling "Cloverfield" . And I still want my giant beast alien dinosaur mutant thing.

I am one of those who would toss good writing and acting out the window as long as its flashy, with explosions not just every five minutes, but never stop ever! And gunfights in every scene. I still enjoyed Signs, especially at the end when Mel remembers his wife's words to have Joaquin Phoenix "swing, swing!" or something like that. But I like ID4 better

I been waiting 20 years for this sequel though, so I know it wont let me down. Cloverfield, I was anticipating the sequel, and regretted what I paid to see in theaters. I should have watched the Fifth Wave, how was that? It was my first choice, but I was nostalgic for Cloverfield and the street battles in Manhattan.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

But Signs still maintained my interest. I plan on hitting Independence day ASAP. I did not knock the writing at all in this movie, it just did not even come close to feeling "Cloverfield" . And I still want my giant beast alien dinosaur mutant thing.

I am one of those who would toss good writing and acting out the window as long as its flashy, with explosions not just every five minutes, but never stop ever! And gunfights in every scene. I still enjoyed Signs, especially at the end when Mel remembers his wife's words to have Joaquin Phoenix "swing, swing!" or something like that. But I like ID4 better

I been waiting 20 years for this sequel though, so I know it wont let me down. Cloverfield, I was anticipating the sequel, and regretted what I paid to see in theaters. I should have watched the Fifth Wave, how was that? It was my first choice, but I was nostalgic for Cloverfield and the street battles in Manhattan.

Fair enough.

I have to say, Signs is one of my favourite films. There is that shot near the end, when they are barricading their house and you see Mels Gibsons character go to the window to board it up and then just stop dead and stare and gawp at what he sees outside and take a small step back.

PERFECT

Most people complain they never saw the invasion, i submit that his reaction to seeing what the audience is never shown, is FAR scarier than yet another CGI-fest shot of aliens invading.

Great film. Im a staunch atheist and i didnt even mind the religious theme in it. I understood the meaning. Even if i dont agree with it. I believed the characters and the story.

Character reactions trump CGI any day. Im also thinking of Dakota Fanning in War of the Worlds. You may have found her annoying, but her terrified reaction at the scene when they get in the car and try to start it and then she looks back to see what is coming is priceless and gave me goosebumps.

I know its odd that im speaking out against the very thing that i do for a living, but its true.
edit on 20-6-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The movie was okay, but I'm a Mary Elizabeth Winstead fan since her Scott Pilgrim vs. the World days. Smashed and Faults were great.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is the first time I've ever heard a bad thing said about Cube. Its considered a great film in most horror circles at least; and I sure enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

My son raved about "The Cube" too, and I was really psyched to see it. Watching it I kept thinking it was going to get better...KEPT thinking it REALLY was going to get better. When it was finally and thankfully over (🙌 yea!), he caught me looking at him like he'd just lost every single one of his marbles...he looked at me with a question on his face that said, "WHAT?!"

Now I really do try to be nice we have differing opinions on movies, but concerning this one I couldn't help myself as I scrunched my face up and very slowly said, "Are you KIDDING me?" Blinked a few times as he raved on and on about it. I ended the conversation with: "You know you're adopted, right?" (No, he's not really adopted!) I found it to be mind numbingly boring, pointless and set me to wondering just WHO would finance a farce like "The Cube"? And oh God, I think was actually a sequel! ( 😱 Oh no! 😕 😴 wake me when it's over....)
edit on 9-7-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join