It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO NOT RENT OR BUY 10 Cloverfield Lane

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It has 4 stars on apple Tv and 90% good rating on Rotten. BUlllllllllcrap.

I want my money back. Terrible freaking movie. I actually want my money back, $5.99 to rent this?

Spoilers:

Chick gets abducted into a bunker by some weird dude. He's fat (John Goodman). There is another dude in the bunker. That's the majority of the movie. Can't go outside because people go crazy, chick looks through a part of the bunker with a window and sees crazy lady (this is never explained). Goodman shoots the weird superfluous character that still has an arm sling for no reason. Chick kills Goodman (or so you think) escaping, then the bunker blows up (he wasn't dead) and in the last 10 minutes of the movie the girl who had dreams aout being a fashion designer wears a suit she made to combat the bad air and realizes its aliens. No joke. Aliens. You see space ship, the house that was presumably over the bunker turns into a space ship, or is melted at this point who cares. Heroine puts her water bottle mask back on to protect from the weird green gas from the alien ship, it WAS TERRIBLE.

It's a few hours of watching a girl that can't act doing nothing in a bunker followed by the most dumbass conclusion that seems bent on insulting anyone who paid money to watch the movie.

If it wasn't for the dragging plot the movie would e hysterical. It should have been 15 minutes, dumb plot and bad acting, then 10 minutes of crappy CGI to laugh at.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I liked it...
I thought John Goodman acted well...
I LIKED the ending, however implausible...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That does sound terrible.

Sometimes despite a decent idea and premise a move can fail spectacularly for a variety of reasons. If you would like to see the worst movie in the history of movies and a movie that in fact fails in every aspect please see Dark Web (2016) - IMDb on Netflix. It is the worst move I have ever seen and in fact good amusement can be had just from reading the reviews of this monstrosity. I would bet Dark Web would make 10 Cloverfield look like an Oscar candidate. I still haven no idea what Danny Glover was doing in this movie.

Thanks for the warning. I will avoid.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I remember a friend raving about a movie called the cube
Watched only about 20 minutes of it
People stuck in a cube being killed was the majority of the movie.

I didnt get it

Yours sounds simmilar, maybe

link   

I know call me a sell out maybe I am or a non original thinker but when it comes to picking movies I almost religiously listen to what rotten tomatoes has to say so if I saw a certified fresh movie or 90% rating which was in a genre I like and it disappointed I would be seriously upset, I might just watch it to see if I come to the same conclusion you did, only to test my religious following of RT anyway thank you for the heads up.

link   

Rather like 'midnight special'. 1hr 40mins of boring crap and 4 mins of cgi at the end.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It was ok
It is the followup to the movie Cloverfield some years back
If you were confused about the alien stuff, then its because you didn't know this was basically part 2. (Cloverfield was actually pretty good)..so, for what it was..it was ok. Not really the followup I wanted, but I was entertained enough for a tuesday night kinda thing

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Lol....after reading your post title, I thought you were talking about a piece of property or a home....not a movie! I haven't seen this movie yet. Maybe I'll wait until it a free movie.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

Rather like 'midnight special'. 1hr 40mins of boring crap and 4 mins of cgi at the end.

Boring crap is of course subjective. the drawing tenseness of 3 strangers in a small bunker can be the selling point for many. for others, the cgi at the end, etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

...a suit she made to combat the bad air and realizes its aliens. No joke. Aliens. You see space ship...

I mean, to be fair it was foreshadowed the whole time, not to mention it being "Cloverfield Lane"...you know...a follow up (or pre-sequel or whatever) to CLOVERFIELD, the Alien Attack movie.

I thought it was pretty well done actually. Though I would've liked some better packaging of the dead girl/daughter story, which has been discussed online at potentials-there was no daughter, or the kid was the dangerous one, and there was no girl, etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

Goodman acted well (he always does) but it was a TERRIBLE movie.

Did you see it in a theatre? It was SO boring to watch at home, nothing happened for the majority of the film. Seriously nothing happened. I was thinking that the dude was Goodman's son, and things were going to get all crazy, but no. She made an airtight suit out of a shower curtain.

The plot depends on a chick that's a fashion designer getting crashed into by some random bunker guy. Why did he chain her up? It's a stupid movie.

I don't understand how you though it was a good movie. Respect, but can you explain WHY?

I legit would rather have my foreskin bedazzled than sit through that movie again.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

Boring crap is of course subjective. the drawing tenseness of 3 strangers in a small bunker can be the selling point for many. for others, the cgi at the end, etc.

Neither was impressive enough to make the movie worth watching

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I remember a friend raving about a movie called the cube
Watched only about 20 minutes of it
People stuck in a cube being killed was the majority of the movie.

I didnt get it

Yours sounds simmilar, maybe

The Cube is an awesome movie. I will fight you IRL punk!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Im not even gonna read the Op... (haven't seen it yet and its on Dish)

But from what i hear you have to see "Cloverfield" first

and i haven't heard anything bad about This movie... but cloverfield was good considering it was a blairwitch style movie

edit on 20-6-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Done, scarborough car park near the dunnies, 8pm friday

www.metacritic.com...
Austin Chronicle
Marc Savlov
It's an existential, Kafka-esque nightmare with no real resolution, although if you've been biding your time waiting to see some high-strung, ham-handed bickering on-screen, this is your A-ticket.

shellview
Jul 13, 2013
This is how NOT to make a film. Take five or six acting students (the only reason they could be so bad), Write some god-awful dialogue. Name each character after a prison or a college or a fast-food joint, whatever suits your fancy. Add some torture instruments. Shake together in a great big Rubik's Cube. Be sure to add no answers at all and "voila!" a pretentious piece of dreck.

edit on 20-6-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Ohhh. It's still an awful movie but now it's existence makes more sense.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

It wasn't a bad movie.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Everyone's a critic. And I try to not listen to critics.

Lol at anyone who just takes someone's word for it being bad and doesn't try to watch it themselves.
It wasn't a bad movie. It's definitely watchable.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Thanks for the heads up. Thought Cloverfield was stupid too. 99 % of sequels are stupid anyway.

Like drugs, no matter how many they make and you take you won't recapture that first time feeling.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

It seems you just have bad taste in movies.
The Cube is one the worst movies ever made, and there's a sequel.

Cloverfield lane was fine, not great or anything but they did a good job building suspense and tension, and John Goodman rocked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join