It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have had enough.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Guns kill get over it.

Your backwards country seems to be the only one full people who don't get it.

Saying guns don't kill people people do is the most stupid argument second amendment advocates have.

Guns kill people just acsept it.

It's a bit like saying heart attacks or nuclear bombs don't kill people..... Stupid

Nah, that's not it. Canada also has lots of guns, and we don't shoot each other up nearly as much as Americans. Our household has 4 rifles, sitting in the safe, all they've ever shot has been beer cans.
Can't be sure what it is that makes for so many shootings in the US, but it's definitely got something to do with the people, or the mindset of some of the people...maybe too many pharmaceuticals, maybe too much religion, maybe .....I have no idea. 😕

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Or that allowing people whose religious idealogy can radicalize certain ones to the point of murderous action with the intent of overcoming not only the United States, but the entire world are perfectly safe to welcome until proven otherwise? And that inanimate guns and bombs aren't safe until used by some nut job? Paradoxical to the nth degree...it hinges on what a person WANTS to believe about ANYTHING!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No, sorry, people kill people.
My gun is right over there and it's not running around shooting any one. My shotgun has been hanging on the rack for....can't remember the last time I shot it.....and it's not killing any one. People do these things. Whether they do it with a gun, a hammer or a golf club, it's not the weapon, it's the maniac on the other end.
Anti 2nd keep saying we should ban assault weapons. Define assault weapon. Any gun used is an assault weapon. There are so many guns that do exactly the same thing, but folks want to ban a gun because it looks like a military style weapon, without realizing that the only difference between an AR and a hunting rifle are purely cosmetic. Same round, same capacity, but the one looks scary and the other, well that's ok, because it doesn't look like the other.

This is the same gun with cosmetic changes only and the ignorant want to ban the one that looks scary.

ETA - Do nuclear weapons launch themselves.......or does it take a person to make that decision to push the button?
edit on 19-6-2016 by DAVID64 because: add

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Guns kill get over it.

Saying guns don't kill people people do is the most stupid argument second amendment advocates have.

It's a bit like saying heart attacks or nuclear bombs don't kill people..... Stupid

Odd. I've been strapped all day and it hasn't done a damn thing except sit in its holster.

Maybe I just raised it to be better than that?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: INEVERQUIT

Guns kill get over it.

It's a it like saying heart attacks or nuclear bombs don't kill people

Way to take responsibility. If people didn't buy the guns, if people didn't manufacture the guns, if people didn't place the bullets in the gun, sheesh are you really that dense? Guns do not just appear from thin air and they damn sure do not load themselves and pull the stupid trigger. Give me a break dude.

And if people would just stop being jerks we could all hug it out and end world hunger and the mythical gender pay gap and world peace would reign and sentient alien life forms would finally visit and explain the meaning of life to us.

If wishes were fishes and such.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: INEVERQUIT

Tools are a funny thing, we use them everyday.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Screw dat! I like my rule of law as it keeps smartrumped pansies like me from getting whupped on a regular basis... I'll keep by (dull and safe) rapier wit, please... and forget the pistols totally!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Guns kill get over it.

So your saying a gun can kill someone without a person to fire it, or program it/detonate it whatever right?

Actually people kill people so just acsept that!!

The only thing logical about your post was your spelling mistake...

edit on 19-6-2016 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

edit on 19-6-2016 by surfer_soul because: double post

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

You;re right. Don't expect to convince the people who blame things instead of people, though. They know its not the guns fault.

When they outlaw them it won't be because they are inherently bad, either. It will be because they don't want them standing in their way.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Well there would be a "code" that governed the rules of dueling.

So all you would have to do is be ready to be great at delivering an apology and you would be free from dueling.

A bunch of other violence-hugging assholes, on the other hand, would cull themselves from the herd. One big ugly low-velocity round at a time.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The problem is society. The problem is the people. The moral salt ( preservative) has lost its saltiness, and about all its good for is to be thrown out in the streets and be trampled by men. The values and moral compass of these recent generations have gone haywire, and all that leadership is looking at and discussing it symptoms, not the core of the problem. Money wont fix it. Gun bans wont fix it, knife or fertilizer bans wont fix it either

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Guns kill get over it.

So according to your logic, if I misspell a word, I can blame it on the writing implement used?

The pen/pencil doesn't jump up and use itself to spell out words... Just as a gun does not jump up and go shooting people.

Also your example about heart attacks is what is "stupid". Heart attacks DO kill people without help from a person. Sure, if you're obese and very unhealthy, you share some blame for a heart attack. However, many perfectly healthy, well dieted individuals have heart attacks.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

-- snip --

Not looking to start a big argument... I'm kinda figuring that, since you did some editing, the analogy was written in the heat of the moment. With that in mind, I will assume unless told otherwise that there are other examples I can fill in the blank to replace heart attacks.

How do I build a heart attack for someone I have it out for? My luck I'd be the equivalent of the guy that blows himself up before he could get it out of his basement. [Big Grin]

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
^^^^^^^^^^^^Has had enough

edit on 19-6-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I've played enough COD an other games to get to inadvertently know a thing or two about guns, and I can tell you this much, all guns are virtually useless when you have serious lag/bad ping. Now if we could just think of a way to give the maniacs some serious lag, they could be taken out by a noob with a frying pan!
Ha

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: Bybyots

Screw dat! I like my rule of law as it keeps smartrumped pansies like me from getting whupped on a regular basis... I'll keep by (dull and safe) rapier wit, please... and forget the pistols totally!

Watch out there kid, you'll put your eye out with that thing!

(For my fellow members who are not in the US, the joke refers to a movie shown at Christmas every year. It is about a BB gun but surely would apply to pistols and especially to rapiers!)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Grow up !
The more dog #e , the more chance there is of standing in it .

The moral of the story is ?
No dog ! No dog #e !

That's as straight as I can put it !

Sorry for the half rant

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Personal responsibility is the key to fixing society.

If people actually would accept that THEY are responsible for their actions then we would be getting somewhere. Instead people are willing to blame everyone, but themselves.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Guns kill get over it.

Really?

So if I brought a gun into you house and put it on the table and no one in your family touched it, it would at some point mysteriously levitate up under its own mystical power and shoot all of you?

Man and they accuse us Christians of magical thinking ...
edit on 19-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join