It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima rice set to make first EU foray with debut in Britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Fukushima-harvested rice will hit the stores in Britain in July, which might make it the first member of the EU to import the grain, following a sustained effort by a group of Fukushima natives in London fighting rumors about the safety of the crop.

It is also the third nation, after Singapore and Malaysia, to import Fukushima rice since the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami caused three reactor meltdowns at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant. Starting next month, 1.9 tons of Fukushima rice called Ten no Tsubu will be sold in London. A Fukushima branch of National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations, a Japanese farmers group better known as Zen-Noh, will export the rice via a British trading company.
LINK

In order to understand how insane the story above is, please see the story below.

The entirety of Fukushima prefecture has been contaminated to where all of it must be declared a radioactivity management area.

What is the British government thinking importing rice from Fukushima prefecture? It seems like every day I come across news stories that have me shaking my head in bewilderment. I'm concerned about what madness is around the corner because things seem to be getting crazier.

But if you want to inquire as to why, as I've mentioned to you, some 2.4 petaBecquerels of radioactive material have fallen on Japan, that material has been dispersed, contaminating Tohoku, Kanto, and western Japan. So in addition to the law setting the legal limit for exposure at 1mSv/yr, there is another law that states that absolutely nothing may be removed from a radioactive management area in which the levels exceed 40,000 Becquerels per square meter.

So the question becomes how many places or how much area has been contaminated beyond 40,000 Bq/m2? And according to the investigations, that answer is 140,000 km2 [54,054 square miles]. The entirety of Fukushima prefecture has been contaminated to where all of it must be declared a radioactivity management area. Indeed, while centered on Fukushima, parts of Chiba and Tokyo have also been contaminated. The number of people living in what must be called a radiation-controlled area is in the millions, and could exceed ten million.
LINK

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
That's flipping great!

So now every time that I want a curry will I need to take a Geiger counter with me?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Tagz

Oh, don't be silly!

Don't you trust the government?

They'll never lie to you or cause you any harm.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I hope it's labelled. Could be a delicacy for connoisseurs...

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
INSANE, yeah one sentence...

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Great. And because the MSM has become silent about Fukushima, the majority of people won't bat an eyelid because the majority will assume that it's all been sorted now.

I guess this rice wont be labelled so there will be no choice other than to avoid rice completely just in case. If rice is used as an ingredient in another product then how will this be labelled if at all?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Must be a promotional thing, free cancer with every packet of rice.

Think of the savings, you will not have to buy shampoo when your hair falls out.
edit on 19-6-2016 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well, if it is radioactive it won't be allowed in. Other than that, apart from being a niche product, if I see some I'll buy it.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

According to experts, low levels of radiation in last year’s rice were achieved thanks to the use of fertilizers based on potassium chloride, which stops the grain from absorbing the isotope.

phosphateprice.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is what you get for Brexiting. LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Oh, don't be silly!

and yet, you continue to live here....why don't you go find a government to your liking if it disgusts you so much?....

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
But , will it turn you into a massive green-skinned creature?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Oh, don't be silly!

and yet, you continue to live here....why don't you go find a government to your liking if it disgusts you so much?....

Angry because I criticize your beloved government?

Get over it.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
nukeprofessional.co.uk.

a good site to understand the extent of nuclear materials that were dispersed onto agricultural land and a whole rack of other info regarding the ongoing prompt criticality.

f

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

If Fukushima created 300 to 800 cpm in rainwater falling in Peterborough, Ontario, over a period of two years after the event, I can just imagine what organic products have absorbed in the radioactive management areas. The British government will just raise the safe radiation level like the goverments did in North America.

Buy a radiation detector, check all your food. There be monsters....

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/19.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Huge mistake...I was over there at the docks the other day with my bud who works there....and we walked right by the shipment in the crane area even...And my tallywhacker fell off.....
That's right my wedding tackle, my twiggs and berries....
the rice may be sneaking out in other shipments by other than bulk carry'rs IDK...

edit on 19-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

edit on 19-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

edit on 19-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 19-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: from " THE NUTTY PROFFESSOR "

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Look at those added nutrients, hmm tasty!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Fukuyama is a big place. the irradiated area is nearish the plant..there are people living a few miles away from the plant that tests fine. I wouldn't be too worried about it. Japan may cover up the extent of how bad the plant got, but I dont think they are gonna sell off bad products..that would be a economic disaster for them and they are all about long term investment

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TagzWhy, I think it should be required to include the cesium 137 amounts ...now...some of us are cesium intolerant...

edit on 19-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If that were the name of a band this thread would be cool.

top topics

join