It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Genesis Paradox

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Then you now I have never said God flies in a cloud or pillar of fire.

You do know that Character and nature are two different things.

The Bible does tell us so much about God.

And if you have a relationship with him you can know him intimately.

Anyway have a good day.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Then you know I have never said God flies in a cloud or pillar of fire.

You have said that the Bible is literal truth, right?

Exodus 13:21
The LORD was going before them in a pillar of cloud by day to lead them on the way, and in a pillar of fire by night to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night. He did not take away the pillar of cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.…

Exodus 14:24
At the morning watch, the LORD looked down on the army of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and cloud and brought the army of the Egyptians into confusion.

Deuteronomy 1:33
who goes before you on your way, to seek out a place for you to encamp, in fire by night and cloud by day, to show you the way in which you should go.

Numbers 9:15
Now on the day that the tabernacle was erected the cloud covered the tabernacle, the tent of the testimony, and in the evening it was like the appearance of fire over the tabernacle, until morning.

Numbers 14:14
and they will tell it to the inhabitants of this land. They have heard that You, O LORD, are in the midst of this people, for You, O LORD, are seen eye to eye, while Your cloud stands over them; and You go before them in a pillar of cloud by day and in a pillar of fire by night.

edit on 7-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: windword

Then you now I have never said God flies in a cloud or pillar of fire.

You do know that Character and nature are two different things.

The Bible does tell us so much about God.

And if you have a relationship with him you can know him intimately.

Anyway have a good day.

you make me think of a story about two men. one went on a quest to know god, the other on a quest to know himself. they spend years, decades, gathering all the information they can from all the places and people they can. one just wants to know god, the other wants to know himself. they get older and wiser and more experienced and see and do and discover many things, but they never lose sight of their mission. and in the end, they both meet again, ready to lay down their walking sticks and call it a night, so to speak. as they prepare to embrace the "next great adventure" they talk to each other about what they have learned. the man who sought god says that many people in many places say many things about this god person, and a lot of it contradicts itself in ways that are so confusing that it makes your head spin. the other man, who sought to know himself, laughs and agrees. he says that his journey was much the same way. he had thought he knew himself down to every pore and hair, but the further he went and the more he saw, the more he realized he didnt know himself at all. and it was a very disgruntling sensation because there is no one in the world who can tell you who you are, so how are you supposed to learn better? they share a moment of quiet as they ruminate on their respective experiences. and thats when they look at each other and realize that their quests were far more alike than they have initially believed. the first man goes to sleep with conclusion that he will never really know god and it didnt really matter anyway. the second man goes to sleep with the conclusion that he has never known himself better and thats all that matters.

i paraphrased a lot of it, but thats the gist of it. it makes a lot of sense to me.

<< 14  15  16   >>

join