It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiohead fans attacked in Istanbul for drinking alcohol during Ramadan.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The video says it all. While enjoying the new Radiohead album, fans were attacked with pipes and beaten for drinking alcohol during the "holy" month of Ramadan.

THE RELIGION OF PEACE STRIKES AGAIN.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

So what? You're in a different country, rules, religion etc. Its not like the rest of the world.

And your wording is interesting: enjoying and alcohol.

You don't need the one to have the other...
edit on 18-6-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Those people are crazy!

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

What are you trying to say? Seriously I'm confused. People can't enjoy themselves in other countries?

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

So what? You're in a different country, rules, religion etc. Its not Luke the rest of the world.

As a recovering alcoholic with a deep desire to never drink again, I too believe you don't need alcohol to enjoy sonething. However, WTF are you talking about?

How about staying on topic.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Seriously, that post is all sorts of psycho.

If someone came at me like that guy did, I don't care where I am on the planet if I've not done anything wrong according to my conscience, that guy would get met with full on force and I wouldn't stop until one of us was unconscious, at the very least.

You don't allow ultra-authoritarian individuals to terrorize your life.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: xxspockyxx

Thats right. Millions in those countries enjoy without the alcohol. Its not necessary to enjoy as is implied in this thread.? Depends on the country...and to imply its a necessary thing to enjoy music, events etc: alcohol and drugs.

Folks dont get that in other countries...its far different. Especially in the middle east...

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Are you brain damaged or something? This is what is written in the OP.

originally posted by: Tempter
While enjoying the new Radiohead album, fans were attacked with pipes and beaten for drinking alcohol during the "holy" month of Ramadan.

You're just lost here. Totally taking his words out of context.

link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I 100% agree with you. If some loon came at me like that I would tie him up.
edit on 6 18 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

link   

PS My wife has to coverup her dress and head in other countries. She doesnt have the right to enjoy some sunshine..

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Thats right. Millions in those countries enjoy without the alcohol. Its not necessary to enjoy as is implied in this thread.? Depends on the country...and to imply its a necessary thing to enjoy music, events etc: alcohol and drugs.

Folks dont get that in other countries...its far different. Especially in the middle east...

You are making no sense, go away.

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
There we have it folks. It's perfectly okay for them to violently lash out in their own countries.

I'll keep that in mind the next time I don't agree with what they are doing in my country.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

No. I wasnt. The violence is appalling in the video. And the words were IN CONTEXT by the OP.

"enjoying the new Radiohead album, fans were attacked with pipes and beaten for drinking alcohol"

Im spot-on. One doesnt need the alcohol to enjoy...anything. And that along with the religious implications is how it is in other countries.

They can get us into some deep crap if we visit as foreigners over there...we tippy-toe or can get whipped, tortured, imprisoned.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The violence in the video is appalling. The needing alcohol to enjoy is also an untruth.

And m not going anywhere.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

No, that's not even remotely close. If you have a reading comprehension problem, that's one thing, but this seems like extreme bias getting in the way of very basic logic.

I can't take you seriously here.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

So what? You're in a different country, rules, religion etc. Its not like the rest of the world.

Holt crap... really? Where exactly do you live, mars? wake up...

So it's ok to be beaten for enjoying BOTH?

sad, pathetic really... justifying once more, the religion if intolerance.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Agreed. Nope-not ok for us. For them either. But when in Rome...ya gotta do what the Roman's expect. Or suffer.

And they are all suffering there.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Agreed. Nope-not ok for us. For them either. But when in Rome...ya gotta do what the Roman's expect. Or suffer.

And they are all suffering there.

Rome in this case is a country that allows the sale and consumption of alcohol all year round.
So why is it OK to stop someone doing something your religion prohibits you to do at anytime?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I didnt word it together : the enjoying and alcohol worded in the sentence. They dont see it as necessary to enjoy anything...

I have no bias. I didnt compose the op. I commented on the need for alcohol to enjoy...its serious violation for the wackos over there...especially during a holy month.

And yes again...the video is appalling

edit on 18-6-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A little reminder....

This thread isn't about whether or not someone needs alcohol to enjoy themselves.

It's about a group of people being attacked by other people for drinking alcohol.

Stay on topic, or your posts will be removed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join