It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgium arrests 12 in counter-terrorism raids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Police in Belgium have made 12 arrests in a huge anti-terrorism operation, nearly three months after the deadly bomb attacks on Brussels.

Belgium arrests 12 in counter-terrorism raids

12 arrests
40 people taken in for questioning
no weapons or explosives found.

Other news sources say public viewing place of the Football championship targeted.

Now, according to ATS rules i am supposed to say something, present my own opinion and all.

So here we go: I am just sick and tired, so sick, so tired.

My solution: all european countries withdraw their military. no more meddling in the ME.
their. religion, their extremists. let them handle it themselves.
if we are not present in the ME anymore, there is no reason to attack us.

Use the military to secure EU borders.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

At least they're just doing sweeps and round ups. In any Middle Eastern country it would be drone strikes.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I agree. Lock them in.

No way out no way in. Cut them off from all resources from the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
On another note, how amazing is it that in the modern age we have to be building walls to protect ourselves from extremist religious nuts?

Shouldn't it be the other way around, tearing walls down?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well done, Belgium!

What a beautiful city!

edit on 6/18/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

That's my view as well. I am an outspoken atheist.
And a huge StarTrek Fan. Back in the naughties (90ies) i watched next generation and dreamt of a world like that: No more religion, all walks of life and different species working peacefully together in the name of science and exploration.

Fast forward i read daily news of this 'religion of peace' which either spreads the most evil hatred via extremists. Or how the less extremists want to change laws in Europe.

Just this morning, left leaning german party SPD put in a motion to have a women only day per week in public swimming pools.
Then there is the woman in germany fighting for her rights to bathe in a burkini.
(note the ban had hygienic reasons, nothing to do with anything else).

And the list goes on and on and on.

Worst thing is that the feminists, who are normally shouting "rape" and "patriarchy" when they see a white male, they are quiet. No, they even call you a racist, if you say we dont want to have this real patriachical religion which oppresses women.

Its either or: embrace Islam and give up all the womens right or stand up and defend these european values.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
12 arrests... of terrorists, or of patsies?
And are the mass media reports the only evidence for the story, again?

edit on 18 6 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

"No reason to attack us." Lulz what? What an ignorant and blind point of view.

Our existence is a reason to attack us. Pulling out of the Middle East and Africa does nothing to change that. Nor does it make folks with a terrorist mindset who are already living in the west suddenly decide to change their minds.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

if we are not present in the ME anymore, there is no reason to attack us.

Then how would we get our grubby little hands in their oil?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The existence of us might be the reason for the most radical extremists.

We can't deny that the ME has good reasons to be angry at the west.
Wars under false pretexts..

If we stop the military inventions, the terror sponsoring, the weapons delivery that would change the game.
It would take some time, maybe 10 years there would be a new generation. a generation that could not blame everything on the west.

Let s be honest the 15 years of war on terror created just more terror.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

And let's be honest that "They" don't want sharia law in the west because we invaded Iraq.

Yea, staying out of their internal affairs would go a long way towards making them want to hug it out. The west isn't the only people capable of making up a pretext for conflict, though. Getting out and staying out would solve some issues, but by no means all. And certainly isn't going to turn everything in to sunshine and butterflies.
edit on 18-6-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Good for them.

Hope its not simply theater for the masses.

Still better than our LE.

When we report bad guys, they get handlers.

Then theyre inexplicably allowed to do whatever they want right up until they commit the perfect crime allowing for the advancement of agendas.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: atomish

Belgium is a country. Still. Good on them. I think the Euro is safe till the Final. Because then that match everyone will be watching.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I agree. Lock them in.

No way out no way in. Cut them off from all resources from the rest of the world.

Hasn't it been sort of like that for Europe for the last several hundred years, until recently?

It's old hatreds and such that Islamic extremists and fundamentalists NEED to spread to Europe. They have been trying since it's birth.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Belgium is a country.

Stop lying!

edit on 6/18/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I know that you meant it ironically.

But lets check the numbers: the war on terror costs 14 millions per hour!!
(numbers from 2014: alternet

In 2015, the United States consumed a total of 7.08 billion barrels of petroleum products, an average of about 19.4 million barrels per day.

Roughly 50$ a barrel.

Do the math..

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

When is a withdraw not a surrender?

I would agree to a withdraw if the west stopped taking refugees. But anything less, and it's an invasion.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
12 arrests... of terrorists, or of patsies?
And are the mass media reports the only evidence for the story, again?

Ding ding ding!!! You hit the nail on the head.

I live 15 minutes from Brussels, and used to live 300 meters from Molenbeek (a small district in Brussels). I have no doubt they are patsies, that became undeniable with Salah Abdeslam, from Molenbeek, the guy who bailed during the Paris attacks. He was able to reside in Molenbeek, just 100 meters from his parents, for more than 3 months before they finally picked him up. His lawyer said that he has the IQ of an ashtray (not kidding). He is now in a French jail and seems to be behaving exceptionally well. My angle on this is that these guys are small time street criminals who can easily be manipulated into a any given plot, given enough money or whatever.

Think Lee Harvey Oswald. That was the blue prints for what we are seeing now, and have been seeing for decades, especially since 911.

soulwaxer
edit on 18-6-2016 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2016 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I like Trump, but no. I don't like such ignorance. And come on geography is so simple!

Though it was you saying it, so please don't be so ignorant of geography

edit on 18-6-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When is a withdraw not a surrender?

When you should not have been there in the first place.
And when you do not surrender. But focus on defense - at home.

Unfortunately that will never happen, because Hillary has to protect the "nuclear monopoly" of Israel.
According to her own mail: Wikileaks Hillary mail

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join