It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zombie Psychology Department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Another story from long long ago. When I was a tortured college student still wet behind the ears.

ZOMBIE PSYCHOLOGY DEPARTMENT

I thought as much. As much as anyone. Until they ripped my brain from my skull. Those bastards. And they say a university education is to be prized. Ha. The Physics Department said they'd pay me 15 dollars an hour if they could just extract my brain to do tests on it. I said sure thats the best summer job I've ever heard of. I don't even have to do any work. Plus, with my brain gone from my skull I wouldn't feel anything, i could really and truly vegg for the first time in my life. #ing ace. Right? Yeah I thought so.
That is until I couldn't move. Like I was aware I had no brain, so I couldn't figure out why I could still think and see from the vantage point of my body. And move around too. It must be some sort of backup plan biologically, maybe it was pure soul? Anyway I was confused too. And it only got worse of course. Without a brain my body moved slowly, sluggishly, like a zombie. I think I must have simply become one, because my flesh was starting to rot on the bones. The heart stopped beating but I was still trapped in the flesh.
I would come back each week to get paid and pay my brain a visit. But by then it seemed completely foreign to me. Like some relative in the hospital you used to know. They got Alzheimer's and completely ceased to be who you knew before. That's how it was with me and my brain. After a while it even stopped returning my phone calls.
One day I was walking home from the Physics Department when my foot got caught in a sewer grate. No big deal, I thought slowly, I'll just twist a bit and be on my way. It wasn't until after I walked a few feet afterwards that I noticed my foot was missing and had sunk to the bottom of the murky stagnant water. Well bullocks. I walked humorously home, limping with one leg longer than the other. Nothing poured out of the wound either that's the strange part. I guess you're used to that by now though.
As soon as I got home my softer organs began to decompose faster. I started to panic when I realized soon I'd be unable to move. I had to find some way to get my brain back before it was too late. The Department must have known about this all along. They were probably manufacturing zombies on purpose for some foul plan. I hurried to the phone to have them halt all tests on my brain. As I was dialing my fingers wouldn't cooperate and I kept hitting my friends number by accident. Over and over. He was quite perturbed. Then my hands just plain fell off and I collapsed dejectedly by the phone.
I know I'm still here where the story left off, but sadly I'm unable to move. I'm just a frozen ghost, body completely gone, with a brain slowly pickling in a jar somewhere and all I can do is nothing.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

SF

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I quite enjoyed the story. Thanks for sharing.

top topics

join