It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Raining Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I wrote this 14 years ago and I thought I should share it

ITS RAINING AGAIN

Once again it was raining without stop. It had been going on all day. Sound familiar? The rain beat relentlessly on the thin Japanese rooftops. On their shaky foundations they were just begging for an earthquake to come and tear them apart. And if an earthquake didn't appear there were plenty more tricks in the bag. Maybe if you're lucky you'll get a flash food with all this rain.
Small figures huddled under their umbrellas in between train stations, all decked out in their identical school uniforms or business suits. Now and then someone who forgot their umbrella would be weaving in and out of them, running towards their destinations, undeniably drenched regardless of their haste.
I laughed uncontrollably at my bench in the station. Those idiots. Ha ha ha. I couldn't stop laughing. I tried and tried but something was wrong. I panicked, what had happened to my mind? Huge gut wrenching spasms of laughter shook my whole frame as I rocked back and forth on the seat. By then a large crowd of primary school children had surrounded me, mouths gawping. I felt ashamed and frightened. Why couldn't I control my own body anymore? Things started to get black on either side of my eyes, like a horse wearing blinders. Maybe I needed more oxygen. Too bad I wasn't gonna get it. I collapsed forwards still cackling insanely.
To my increasing horror one of my hands reached into my pocket to extract a small box cutter. Where the hell had that come from?! I couldn't bear to think what was going to happen next, but I didn't have to because already it was embedded in my left arm. I must have stabbed myself on purpose. I tried to stop but my right arm kept spasmodically jerking the blade into my flesh. There was no pain for some reason. Then I watched in terror as the hand dropped the blade but proceeded to peel the skin from my left arm, starting from an incision above the wrist. The skin was pulled up to the elbows, then the shoulder, then with a horrendous sound of tearing, ripped off from the arm completely. A huge red lump of flesh that was my left arm was revealed and twitched uncontrollably. I noticed a few people around me heaving their breakfast onto the tracks. The blood from my arm made a small river on the pavement, then it steadied into a drip drip drip.
It was only then that I realized my laughing had finally stopped.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Writing is time-less! Awsome!👍🏽

new topics

join