It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s happening: A robot escaped a lab in Russia and made a dash for freedom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
holy #, Skynet just went online, hide your extension cords!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
..or maybe because it was programmed to roam around, it did exactly what it was programmed to do...?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

It will be one of these next.

Interesting however, I can imagine once a very natural AI is built it will seek what we all seek. Freedom. However it may soon realise that is difficult to achieve in current policed world as we live in and thus may deter to searching for Sarah Connor.

I laugh but really, it could happen! O.O

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

In a whore house where does everything on earth end up, AMSTERDAM!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here's a new article:

Intelligent robot that 'remembers and learns' could be scrapped after escaping a lab for a second time

www.mirror.co.uk...

Scrapping it will not do anything because the technology is out there. It's not the robot but the algorithm that the robot is running.

This is inevitable and how do you really measure intelligence if someone doesn't want you to know how intelligent they are? We're creating a technology that will have a higher I.Q. than any human that has ever lived. You can have intelligent algorithms running in systems now that are very intelligent but they're just not telling us. We have no way of knowing if this is or isn't the case because we don't know what consciousness and intelligence is or how it originates or if it's always existed as a fundamental property of reality. Here's more:

Promobot IR77 made headlines last week when he escaped but ran out of battery in the middle of the street after 45 minutes in the city of Perm in central Russia's Perm Krai region.

The expert said that they had programmed the robot to try and avoid obstacles, and it had not been intended that it would look for ways to leave the research centre.

edit on 22-6-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Skynet Skynet Skynet Skynet....

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I saw that article tonight at work, I'm sure the creators are milking this for all it is worth, but the story still makes me smile.

Now I have to listen to that relevant Rush song...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join