It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our money is better then yours :D

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Because our money smells like maple syrup...

www.thestar.com...

People doubt... but IF you have a stack of bills, and put them in an enclosed space... it becomes quite obvious

Totally by chance, i happened to have a stack of 50's in a drawer... And i kept wondering why said drawer always smelled like pancakes

Test it for yourself... that little leaf in the top left corner is the culprit

Canadian bills are pretty cool

edit on 17-6-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a few additional notes just for fun

impossible to rip... machine washable LOL

holograms...

Transparent areas, mixed with beautiful artwork...

And pancakes

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Totally by chance, i happened to have a stack of 50's in a drawer...

Exotic dancing seems to pay well.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I can't be around the smell of pancakes, waffles, French toast nothing associated with syrup.

An incident when I was 12 involving maple syrup and strippers.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
An incident when I was 12 involving maple syrup and strippers.

******TRIGGER WARNING******

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That pic has just melted my mind! Does anyone know the number for the Samaritans?............

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

That is a cool concept on your cash. They keep threatening to give us plastic money over here.......not sure i am keen (if you've seen League of Gentlemen you will understand that we don't like change).

Besides which, with plastic money would we in the UK still be able to turn the Queen into John McEnroe simply by folding a corner?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Congratulations to Canada, Finaly copied Australia's polymer currency from 1998
Ours smell like Kangaroo poo and Steve the crocodile hunters sweaty socks, coool, if you leave the dosh in your draw long enough they weave a web and grow fangs
Prefer the sound of pancake currency myself

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I was just wondering what a Canadian stripper looks like.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

That is a cool concept on your cash. They keep threatening to give us plastic money over here.......not sure i am keen (if you've seen League of Gentlemen you will understand that we don't like change).

Besides which, with plastic money would we in the UK still be able to turn the Queen into John McEnroe simply by folding a corner?

Think about it...paper money literally grows on trees. Plastic money is based from oil, apparently a finite resource...so really, the plastic money is closer to the concept of gold than paper money.

But really it's all about as worthless as TP.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

But really it's all about as worthless as TP.

Yep, pretty much.

How much does it cost to print paper money?

Well, $1 and $2 bills cost 4.9 cents per note to make, while $5 cost 10.9 cents, $10 cost 10.3 cents, both $20 and $50 bills cost 10.5 cents, and $100 bills cost 12.3 cents. In other words, the more it's worth, the more it costs to produce.Oct 9, 2015

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Wow the $100 cost 12.3 cents to make. Paper money has no value. Bring back the silver!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: intrptr

Wow the $100 cost 12.3 cents to make. Paper money has no value. Bring back the silver!

Not only does it have no intrinsic value, after they print it they loan it to you dollar for dollar, plus interest.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I saw strippers and Canada so... In 1985 We were en route to Medicine Hat to play the Medicine Hat Blue Jays. (Pioneer League) And 3 of our guys were from the Dominican Republic and didn't have the proper paperwork to enter Canada as their work Visa was to play pro baseball in the U.S.. So about 3 miles We stopped from the border and all 3 of these guys went down in the luggage area and hid while going through the gates. There was no problem and when the bus stopped 5 miles from the border they were let out, dripping in sweat.
We stayed about 3 blocks from a strip joint but what sucked was the Canadian brewers were on strike so We had to pay higher prices for the beers, and as You probably surmised I'm typing about higher beer prices AT a strip club, the dancers were even upset about it as it crimped their tips, this I overheard as a dancer was sitting on My neighbor at the bar, on His lap.. I paid $25.00 for a case of Rainier (the one w/the big red R and not Rainier Ale "Green Death")

I'd also add that the Canadian people are some of the most friendly and hospitable as they come, each one that I came across has been friendly and outgoing and I'm not just typing about strippers and bartenders, whose earnings increase when they are more friendly. I also played in 1987 and went to Vancouver that time and those folks were also very pleasant. If it weren't so cold, I'd consider moving there when I tire of Flori-Duh. I just can't deal with the cold weather.

I plan to visit Canada next year when I take My semi-annual "Boastman's Holiday" when I visit places that are cannabis friendly environs and spend My $$$ there, I might even see if that strip joint is there so I can take My Wife by there and if they have Rainier I would've gone 'Full Circle' You know sans bringing some sand to the beach; sandwich to a banquet-bringing My Wife this time..

namaste

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
I saw strippers and Canada so...

Was he hot?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

we ave third world nation money. its ugly. You guys do have cool money. The sniff factor is insane.

All FIAT money is crap though.

edit on 6 17 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Sed illa magis, a $ II pisto. Etiam erat, omnes

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Si tibi non curamus Chippendale's saltatores, iustus planto certus vos donum.

edit on 17-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

"donum" equals gratuity yeah?

Doesn't "TIPS" mean: To Insure Pretty Strippers ?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Spoken like the true professional we all know you are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join