It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US TO RUSSIA: We're staying in the Black Sea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

If Russia keeps the bs up Turkey can close the straits to Russian vessels.

The same wonderful Turkey who are killing Kurds and still dream of returning to its Ottoman empire days. Just as much how they want Crimea, the same Turkey whose funding ISIS.

The Ottoman empire doesn't own the black seas. Unless you prefer to see the Ottoman empire again.

NATO can conduct exercises with NATO occupied members who border the Black Sea.

There you go.

Your same beloved NATO are responsible for the current instability in the middle east. Its not a surprise why Libyans dont want NATO or western assistance after the first time.
edit on 17-6-2016 by Raven95 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Raven95

what utter bollox

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

oh dear - you changed the subject - why is that ?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Excuse me Sir, but quite frankly, Turkey can shove it where the Sun doesn't Shine, along with USA's So Called good friend and Head of the United Nations, Saudi Arabia.

There's enough Info out there right now to seriously DisTrust these nations let alone Western Ones. Can you not see what's happening right before your very eyes?

Russia bombed the Hell out of Isis, What did America Do?

I'll tell you, absolutely Nothing. You know Why?

edit on 6/17/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Funny for some one defending turkey so heavily. turkey this turkey that. The same turkey that even shoot down the Russian jet fighter.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
There has always been NATO presence in the Black Sea.

It is not a Russian sea and Russia has no jurisdiction outside of their territorial waters.

There are FIVE nations around the Black Sea who are either members of NATO or have been reason to fear Russia entanglement and therefore welcome the presence of friendly forces.

What's Russia's problem? Oh, yes, I remember.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I wonder on whose side would the west be on if the Ottoman empire still existed to this day? after all America's gov still has not recognized the Armenian massacre.

I wonder some here defend Turkey so heavily? are they Turkish users perhaps?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Clearly, Russia, like many of us can see what's going on here.

Why is the USA even involved with the Black Sea? What about that other Country Poroshenko took hold of? Was that American? No, it wasn't They are coercing Russia Purposely in order to take control, as much as they can because they are Psychopathic and will not take NO for an answer.

Why can so few people SEE this???

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Yes actually they can. Read the 1936 Montreux Cinvention..

The Bosporus / Dardanelles are Turkish territorial waters and do not fall under the UN / UNCLOS. The convention was updated in 1982 allowing Turkey to close the straights to any nation whether during time of war or peacetime.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

What's Russia's problem? Oh, yes, I remember.

Whats NATO problem? oh yes i believe i know.

1.Russia existence.
2.Russia's presences in Syria.
3.Ukraine.

There are FIVE nations around the Black Sea who are either members of NATO or have been reason to fear Russia entanglement and therefore welcome the presence of friendly forces.

haha the same friendly forces who turned Libya into a hellhole right?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

What part of 3 NATO countries with borders on the Black Sea and Russia not owning the entire body is confusing you?

Just Russia cannot dictate who can come into the Black Sea they cannot dictate to the 3 sovereign nations in question when it comes to their national security.

link   

Russia has the same rights as NATO to operate in the black seas. After all Freedom of Navigation applies to allnot just little war mongering NATO and America.

link   

FFS - engane your dammed brain - if you have on

i have not " defended " turkey

stop changing the dammed subject :

turkey = NATO member

turkey = longest black sea coast

ergo - the defence of a NATO member requires that it is protected against attacks from the black sea - that requires naval presence

QED

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Just Russia cannot dictate who can come into the Black Sea they cannot dictate to the 3 sovereign nations in question when it comes to their national security.

Nor can NATO dictate who can come into the Black Sea and stated that they can stay there forever.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Who gives a dam crap about Turkey? do you think i care if Turkey is being supported by the NATO thugs whom which Turkey is massacring Kurds. And is responsible for shooting down the Russian jet fighter?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

None of the above. NATO was winding down when Russia decided to invade Ukraine. When Russsia threatened to nuke the west / take 5 nato capitals in a week +/- the reaction by NATO was obvious.

Maybe Putin should stop trying to pretend its the 1980's and that he runs the USSR.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

And they like Germany, won't because the Turkey Ass running Turkey pulls the strings, and Why? What's so damned special about him? You're right, he shot down and killed a Russian and won't even admit it because he's Weak and needs a good kick in the Arse, along with the rest of the World 'so called taxpayer funded' Leaders who are a Disgrace to Humanity!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raven95

1 - turkey = NATO member 2 - turkey has the longest black sea coast of any adjacent country

The same Turkey nation whom was responsible for shooting down the Russian jet fighter in Syria right? why do you people here defend Turkey so much?

You mean the Russian jet that had the misfortune of being the example of the line Turkey drew?

Yes, Turkey followed through with it's red line. No Russian SU's have since breached Turkish airspace.

*On a side note, that shows a lot about Russian jets, an F-16 can down them.
edit on 17-6-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Sure NATO can. Unless Turkey decides otherwise there is no issue. Turkey is the deciding factor, not Russia.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

when Russia decided to invade Ukraine

John McCain supported the Pro Euro Coup agaisnt a democratically government.

When Russsia threatened to nuke the west

Are these same lies just like how the news media is claiming that Iran is making WMDs again nice try with that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join