It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC and the gun store worker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
POlitical Correctness is a killer.

The Orlando killer tried and failed to buy stuff in a gun store because a clerk had a gut feeling and said no.

How many of you, that are straight and white would swallow down your feelings because you don't want to be labeled an islimaohbic, homophobic, or racist?

I am guessing more people then not would have sold a Muslim anything he wanted, so not to appear hateful and bigoted...

How many in our Obama lead government think like that? Is that good for America and other western nations?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

They will focus on the gun shop owner.
They will focus on guns.
They will focus on homophobia.
They will focus on conservatives.

They will ignore ISIS.
They will ignore the terrorism.

They have to. Because it only highlights the failures of Obama and Hillary.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That deserves 100 stars. But, some will just not see the truth in it.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Are you suggesting that the Bill of Rights only applies to straight, white non-Muslims? Because it really seems like it.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'm pretty blunt and wouldn't risk the worry of selling to someone that gave me pause.
edit on 1620160620161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
POlitical Correctness is a killer.

The Orlando killer tried and failed to buy stuff in a gun store because a clerk had a gut feeling and said no.

How many of you, that are straight and white would swallow down your feelings because you don't want to be labeled an islimaohbic, homophobic, or racist?

I am guessing more people then not would have sold a Muslim anything he wanted, so not to appear hateful and bigoted...

How many in our Obama lead government think like that? Is that good for America and other western nations?

So I suppose the killer walked into the gun shop and put his "I'm a Muslim" ID on the counter? From the pictures I have seen I cannot tell WHAT his nationality is, can you ?
What I gather from your post is that you prefer to assign who gets sold what in this country on the whim of sales clerks.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I would imagine that from now on, any Moslem is going to have a tough time buying a legal firearm.

How do they determine whether someone is a Moslem, go off the name and appearance?

What if theyre not sure. just deny them to be safe?

edit on 16-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Guy is on FBI watch list for terrorism, twice

Removed

Gun store clerk contacts FBI about his suspicious behavior

FBI can't put 2 and 2 together

He finds another store to make his purchases.

Guy shoots up a club while proclaiming his allegiance to terrorist groups

Not trying to blame the FBI, just pointing out the obvious. This is much more complicated than a gun control issue. This is a failure of those watch lists and the SOPs related to them.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibreThanks viv, I had missed that he checked with the fbi.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I have already been called a islamophobe,homophobe and a hate-filled bigot.
I am also straight,white and very politically incorrect.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I am guessing more people then not would have sold a Muslim anything he wanted, so not to appear hateful and bigoted.

I don't care how I appear, but lawsuits might keep me selling to them.

Seriously, if they want people to say something they need to stop penalizing those doing the talking. It is really the only thing that will ever stop these attacks.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

If a muslim wanted to learn to fly a plane would you have to teach them if you gave pilot lessons, or would it be non PC to say "sorry dude, you can go to another person to learn, I want no part of it?" I mean, if you say your book is full and they need to schedule a month in advance, and then the person gets on the phone and starts arguing in arabic, then what? The government can;t do anything if you refuse to serve someone. Especially if it made you feel uncomfortable.

A gun store owner, I guarentee has the right to refuse service to anyone they see as suspect. example being, If someone went into a gun shop and was sweating profusely and was just asking for any gun, then started ranting about his whore wife, I am sure a gun store owner would be in the right to not sell a gun to that person, just like a bar can turn down service to a person for being too drunk.

Just like any business has the right to not sell you anything. If I went to Walmart and bought a bunch of lighter fluid, matches, knives, guns, and other bomb making materials (I won't go into as I am not teaching anyone how to do anything here,) wouldn't at least one person witnessing myself buy these items question my intent to use them?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Wouldn't of sold him nothing , tough. We have around 10 or so subway sandwich places, only one is not Pakistani owned, which one ya think I go to? I drive 10 mins out of my way to buy gas for good reasons. Anyway that's my answer

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tayton
That's just wrong and what the hell?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Are you suggesting that the Bill of Rights only applies to straight, white non-Muslims? Because it really seems like it.

That is a sad excuse really Heff. In light of what happened at that gun store I don't care what the person looked like or what language they spoke. He asked about body armor and bulk ammo, then when refused got on his cell and spoke "Arabic". Putting all that together makes my common sense go off. Working backwards with that. Speaking on a cell at the gun store in another language after being refused a purchase is suspicious. The bulk ammo and body armor request is odd to. I would hope anyone asking about those types purchases would get scrutinized.

top topics

join