It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me Liberty or Give me Islam?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
We are living in a nation of delusion, a nation gone soft with our heads in the sand of media control. The war has already begun, and most people haven't even noticed. A significant portion of Islam is now unabashedly, loudly proclaiming, their war with the west. It is to our great detriment to ignore this. In fact, it is not only our civilization they are at war with, but also a kind of a civil war of Islamic cultures, as there are significant differences in the tolerances of different sects of Islam, and between geographical areas as well. Differences amongst sects are true of many religions - but in the case of Islam, this growing part, the part that is madness, is not only consuming Islam from the inside out, but it is ready and beginning to make war with western civilization.

Imam of Mecca declares war against Shi'ites, Jews and Rome (the west)

“Our war with Iran, say that out loud, is a war between Sunnis and Shiites,” Sunni preacher Abdul Rahman al-Sudais says in the nearly seven-minute clip. “Our war with Iran…is truly sectarian. If it was not sectarian, we will make it sectarian… The Jews and cross” – meaning Christians – “I swear by Allah that they will have their days…The prophet said that Rome will be conquered …Our disagreement with Rafidha” – another word for Shiites – “will not be removed, nor our suicide to fight them… as long as they are on the face of the earth….”

ISIS intends to BEGIN by consuming moderate Islam from the inside out and establishing this IS Caliphate. This is the basis of the first stage of their conflict.

ISIS declares war on moderate Muslims

“The answer is found in Salah ad-Din al-Ayubi [Saladin] and Nur ad-Din Zanki when they fought the Shia in Egypt and Syria before [addressing] Jerusalem. Salah ad-Din fought more than 50 battles before he reached Jerusalem. And it was said to Salah ad-Din al-Ayubi: ‘You fight the Shia and the Fatimids in Egypt and allow the Latin Crusaders to occupy Jerusalem?’ And he responded: ‘I will not fight the Crusaders while my back is exposed to the Shia.’”

ISIS is not alone in it's fight against western civilization though. There are widespread calls from Imams to destroy the infidels, some of which are right here within our borders.

US Imams who urge jihad against infidels

Congressional testimony suggests that 80% of the Mosques in the United States are controlled by radical imams. American Muslims are moderate but with imams intent on radicalization, things could change.

Then there is Sheik Osama al-Rifai, seen below, who visited mosques and Islamic community centers in cities across America on behalf of the Sunrise Foundation in Tampa, Miami, Chicago, Dallas, Crown Point, LA, Detroit, and the Meadowlands, raising millions for this Michigan-based foundation that endorsed the Islamic Front, which is a merger of groups including ISIS and other al-Qaida groups.“The unification of these great Islamist and jihadist groups is not a normal piece of news, but is a great event that brings the happiness and thrill to every Muslim, not only in Syria but in the whole Islamic world,” al-Rifai said in remarks translated by the Investigative Project on Terrorism. “I congratulate this brilliant news; I congratulate the brothers who formed it. I cannot say that we bless this group because it is they who should be blessed by them.”

In many places a majority of all Muslims, not just extremist ones, want Sharia law to be the law of the land.

The Pew Research Center

And what exactly is Sharia? It is Islamic religious law which includes the following:

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand. • Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death. • Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death. • Criticizing or denying Allah, the moon god of Islam is punishable by death. • A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death. • A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death. • A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death. • A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old. • Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251). • A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more. • A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce. • A man can beat his wife for insubordination. • Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman. • A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s). • A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's. • A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits. • A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval). • A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative. • Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal". • Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.

www.billionbibles.org...

Notice the last edict in the list. Muslims SHOULD LIE to non-Muslims to advance Islam. Sharia also calls for the deaths of homosexuals.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
10 ISLAMIC COUNTRIES HAVE A PENALTY OF DEATH FOR HOMOSEXUALITY

Not all Muslims approve of the more severe penalties of Sharia law, but enough do that 10 countries sometimes kill homosexuals. And, to be perfectly clear, I am just fine with moderate Muslims doing their own thing. That is their business, not mine. Choosing such restrictions for oneself is perfectly reasonable and I can respect that. I am entirely for religious freedom. UNTIL IT IMPOSES ITSELF ON THE REST OF US.

Sharia is the politics of Islam, and I believe Islam to be a particularly dangerous ideology to all those that believe in liberty. And the politics of Islam have brought us jihad and terrorism.
Please, take a look at at this list. You really need to click the link and go to the page to fully appreciate the ongoing war we find ourselves in. I have posted below the list for 2016 to date, which I assure is a very small segment of the overall list.

List of Islamic Terrorist Attacks

2016[edit] Afghanistan January 1, 2016 – A Taliban suicide bomber detonated himself in a French restaurant called 'Le Jardin' in Kabul. 2 dead 15 injured.[204] India January 2, 2016 – In the 2016 Pathankot attack suspected Jaish-e-Mohammed militants attacked an Indian air base killing 7 security force members. Several injured.[205] Iraq January 3, 2016 – Five Islamist suicide bombers attack an Iraqi military base. 15 dead and 22 injured.[206] Afghanistan January 4, 2016 – A Militant drove a truck packed with explosives to the armored gates of a compound for civilian contractors near Kabul's airport before detonating. 30 people injured, including children.[207] Libya January 7, 2016 – In the Zliten truck bombing Islamist militants detonated a truck bomb at the police training camp al-Jahfal in the coastal town of Zliten, Libya. 50+ dead 100+ wounded.[208] France January 7, 2016 – In the January 2016 Paris police station attack an Islamist from Morocco wearing a fake explosive belt attacked police officers with a meat cleaver. He was shot dead.[209] Libya January 7, 2016 – A car bombing at a checkpoint in the Libyan oil port of Ras Lanuf left seven people dead and 11 wounded.[210] Egypt January 8, 2016 – In the 2016 Hurghada attack two militants armed with a melee weapon and a signal flare stormed the Bella Vista Hotel. 3 injured.[211] France January 11, 2016 – A 15-year old Turkish ISIL supporter attacked a teacher from a Jewish school in Marseille with a machete. 1 injured.[212] Iraq January 11, 2016 – ISIL gunmen detonate suicide vests in a shopping mall, killing at least 20 and wounding more than 40 people.[213] Turkey January 12, 2016 – In the 2016 Istanbul bombing an ISIL suicide bomber kills 10 tourists and injures 15 more in the historical centre of Istanbul.[214] Indonesia January 14, 2016 – In the 2016 Jakarta attacks 4 assailants kill 2 and injure 24 in a terrorist attack in Jakarta. The attack was orchestrated and financed from ISIL in Syria.[215] Somalia January 15, 2016 – In the El Adde attack, Al-Shabaab terrorists attack a African Union Kenyan army base in El-Adde. 63+ killed, several injured.[216] Burkina Faso January 15, 2016 – In the 2016 Ouagadougou attack Islamist gunmen armed with heavy weapons attacked the Cappuccino restaurant and the Splendid Hotel in the heart of Ouagadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso. 20+ killed. 15+ injured.[217] Pakistan January 21, 2016 – At least 22 killed in attack on Bacha Khan University, Pakistan. The Taliban claim responsibility for the attack.[218] Somalia January 22, 2016 – Al-Shabab attack on beachside restaurant leaves 20 dead.[219] Cameroon January 25, 2016 – Suspected Boko Haram insurgents have blown themselves up in a market in Cameroon, killing at least 25 people and injuring 62 others.[220] Nigeria January 30, 2016 – Boko Haram gunmen raided a Nigerian village, at least 65 people were killed and 136 others injured.[221] Ivory Coast March 13, 2016 – In the 2016 Grand-Bassam shootings Al Qaeda gunmen stormed 3 hotels in the beach resort city of Grand-Bassam in the Ivory Coast, leaving 18 people dead.[222] Iraq March 20, 2016 – In Anbar, Iraq, ISIL suicide bombers kill at least 24 at municipal building[223] Belgium March 22, 2016 – 2016 Brussels bombings includes two suicide bombings in Brussels Airport and one bombing in Brussels Metro that resulted in 35 deaths and more than 300 wounded.[224] Yemen March 25, 2016 – Three ISIL suicide bombers strike security checkpoints in the Yemeni city of Aden, killing 26 people.[225][226] Iraq March 25, 2016 – 30 people killed and 95 injured after a suicide bomber blew himself up at a football stadium in Iskandariya, south of Baghdad. ISIL claimed responsibility for the attack.[227][228] Pakistan March 27, 2016 – The 2016 Lahore suicide bombing targeted Christians who had gathered on Easter in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park. The blast, by Jamaat-ul-Ahrar, a Pakistani Taliban faction, killed at least 70 people and injured 300 others.[229][230] Afghanistan April 19, 2016 – The April 2016 Kabul attack targeted a security team responsible for protecting government VIPs in Kabul, Afghanistan. The attack killed 64 people and wounded 347. It was the Taliban's biggest attack on an urban area since 2001.[231] Bangladesh April 23, 2016 – Attackers hacked a university professor to death in the city of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. ISIL claimed responsibility for the attack stating that they assassinated him "for calling to atheism in the city of Rajshahi in Bangladesh".[232][233] Bangladesh April 25, 2016 – Two gays rights activists were hacked to death in the capital of Bangladesh, Dhaka. An Al-Qaeda affiliated group claimed responsibility for the attacks and stated they killed the two as they were "pioneers of practicing [sic] and promoting homosexuality in Bangladesh".[234][235] Iraq May 11, 2016 – At least 40 people were killed and 60 injured in a car bomb attack on a market in Baghdad. ISIL claims responsibility.[236] United States June 12, 2016 – At least 50 people were killed and 53 injured in a mass shooting at a nightclub in Orlando, Florida. The shooter, Omar Mateen, pledged allegiance to ISIL.[237][238] France June 14, 2016 - Two french citizens, a police officer and his wife were stabbed to death in Magnanville, France by a man swearing his allegiance to ISIS.[239]

Take a long look at the full list. There are lots of problems in the world, and I do not give our own government a pass for anything. However, this is not a thread about those problems. It’s also not about a totalitarian reaction to this threat. This thread is about the war that has been declared on us and understanding what is going on. Do you want to live under Sharia law? Or do you want liberty?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This guy is a shill for Homeland Security...pump it up, get the guys with rent-a-cop badges excited and next thing you know we got check points and full employment for the want-a-be cops, soldiers and SF nut bags.
Don't listen to this stuff...remember how easy it was to board an airplane...think about what they can do to interstate travel!
Cheers

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JaMeDoIt

I'm a shill for homeland security?? LOL Wow that's a new one. I've been a member of ATS for a long time and am generally pretty stand offish about government.

I must have hit the nail on the head if before someone could even read the article, they posted that I was a shill. I see you registered this year...shocking. You are one of the hordes the other thread was talking about.

In fact, I'm not even calling for a particular political position response to the threat, just wanting people to pull their head out of the sand regarding the nature of Islam, and Islamic terrorism. I am against a surveillance state. I am pro 1st and 2nd amendments. I'm pro all the Bill of Rights.
edit on 16-6-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

There are a lot of religious leaders who say incredibly stupid crap, just do a search.

Its scary actually.

Anyway, what do you suggest we do, drop more bombs on them?

We've been overthrowing and bombing that part of the world for 60 years now.

The last time a Moslem country attacked another nation was when we told our boy Saddam to attack Iran and then we armed both sides.

Then theres been a bunch of false flag attacks and a few individual nut jobs.

If I were you, Id be more worried about our own governments stripping away our rights under the excuse of "fighting terrorism".

edit on 16-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Notice the last edict in the list. Muslims SHOULD LIE to non-Muslims to advance Islam. Sharia also calls for the deaths of homosexuals.

That map looks familiar

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

And we've been starting wars there for oil for decades. We might as well have declared war first.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

And we've been starting wars there for oil for decades. We might as well have declared war first.

What are you talking about??? Can't you see it's all the EVIL MOZLEMS' fault???!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That's a fair point. However this is not just about standard geo-politics. It is about a dangerous ideology that is getting darker and spreading imo.

Personally, I would hit ISIS hard and pull out of all interference / bases in the Muslim world, but it isn't up to me, and this war is more about religious ideology than geopolitics. Also, they are targeting civilians everywhere around the world. Please refer to the extensive list.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am a card carrying give me liberty kind of girl. Tree hugger everybody should try love and especially that you can worship in any way you want. Who am I to say how you reach the devine? I myself follow some non-traditional practices.
That said I am also a woman's libber from back in Steinems day.
One I my top causes is raising awareness to and stopping the barbaric practice of female genital mutilation.
A ritual practiced by Islam. I've even talked about it on here.
Not all Islamic countries do this and even amongst those that do there are degrees of mutilation. I am against even the least invasive practices. No amount is ok. I donate to the cause and I mention it when it's appropriate like here to raise awareness.
So I am ok with any kind of worship but I think some practices are simply barbaric. I think however you touch the sky or connect or just let go is your bag. When it hurts others and infringes on my practices (say the tantric practices involving the power of the orgasm lol) then we have to draw the line. This is my space and that is your space.
It's a really hard question. I'm pretty sure banning all Islam is not the answer. Mateen was one of our own and he got corrupted. They are certainly not all extremists. They are certainly not all killers. Mutilation aside the religion which is based in the abramic religions is one of peace some sects have added an element of jihadist but it's not part of the basic teachings. Anyway I'll leave it at that. 🍻

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

That's entirely true. And I am equally concerned about that. However, look at the list of terrorist attacks. Most of them are not even against our country, which kind of negates part of your point.

If you read it all, you will see that I am not advocating a reactionary totalitarianism.
PLEASE READ IT ALL FIRST

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It's a complicated situation. I find that a lot of folks really have their head in the sand about Islamic ideology and how it used to oppress different peoples around the globe. I am not against all Muslims, and respect their right to their own faith (as I said in the OP). However, I do find it to be a rather oppressive religion in general.

I grew up in what would be considered an extremist religion. Those that did not grow up like that do not understand what religion is capable of. And no, it wasn't Islam.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
How to deal with the radical Islamist? Go after them from within.
Cut off their money cut off their internet.Cut off cellular communications. Force them above ground and blow those motherfluckers to kingdom come.
Bingo.
How to prevent it?
Teach liberty. For women. Let the women have a voice. Let them have a choice. You cannot balance a society while excluding half its residents.
Teach diversity and choice. Let young people know they can still worship and remain peaceful. Allow them a bigger picture of the world.
Teach acceptance and geez we're still trying to learn that one ourselves.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Catholic here...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

And now being used to muster another attempt at restricting the 2nd amendment by burying it in laws.

Somehow being used to turn folks against christianity which is the foundational cultural religious influence in american social and political philosophy.

Being used to the point of stress and stupidity to confirm american "tolerance" and yet tolerance is hardly asked of them on the same level.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Catholic here...

And you know there is a great point to explore......consider all the violence in the world over history and yet in the US we haven't seen the Protestant/Catholic conflicts.......ect, ect,......and yet we are asked as if we need the lesion to demonstrate "tolerance" for a religion that demonstrated a MAJIOR fundamental dysfunction in tolerance between sects and other religions.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

There is a lot of hand wringing about Islam. I get it, I wring my hands too. I am English by birth, a nation of bastards if truth be known. We have been invaded time and time again throughout history and the result is what we are.

I suppose that we became in some ways a stable "nation" as it were in the early middle ages, once we stopped getting invaded, but since then -some perhaps thousand years?-we have been essentially British. We developed a way of life that is something to be proud of, something that we have been losing since the last true test of our nation, the second world war.

I understand when people say things change, get over it. The world has moved on and all the rest of it. This is true of economics, and in some part of how we actually behave in general. The changes have been within the framework of our original goals though, and we still have tried to keep our society, in the main, a benign and pleasant one.

This appears to be under threat now. There is little common ground to be found with those who propose Islam as the way forward. I see no gains for society and many ills from such a position. Islam has nothing to offer me nor my country, so in the end, when all is said and done, I believe it will meet its end here in the UK through the rejection of the average man and woman. Be they British by descendancy or by adoption, in the end, this way of life is worth more than some political football and some idiotic social experiment.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

It is a very complicated situation especially where we bump cultures on freedoms and civil rights.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join