It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My idea of a violent protest or peaceful solution being a kid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I don't know how many of you all used to ride bmx or skate? I am 30 years old and I used to ride BMX and Skateboard most of my life, my only other sport was Tae Kwon Do. I never play football, I never swam for my high school or any sports team. I used to bang it down though with a lot of kids my day, we used to ride in the 10s and 20s and cops used to shut us down free riding street or flatlanding in parking lots. I have more juvenile fines for riding bmx than as an adult with speeding tickets. Being able to ride BMX or skateboard and say # the cops is the best way to be free, you can ride with all walks of life black, white, asian, male, female, gay, straight, purple and black and blue. We were always in it for the rush of skill, back then. These days it looks like the same things hold true with these people that RideBMX

My personal style flatland =D bring it back xgames

And hey everyone Ride BMX

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I don't know how many of you all used to ride bmx or skate? (board)

My generation invented those.We didnt get fined , but our parents got told . A heckuva lot worse. So the answer would be yes. I still enjoy the old board every now and then even at my "advanced age"/.
Good to see it continues.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I used to rage out with a whole biker gang and mess up traffic for a grind.
it is a crime these days

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i was the only 280lb kid that could pull an ollie. I learned to skate having to get around el paso for a year or 2. All those rock yards made the sidewalks a real hazard. i ate a lot of concrete before i got the hang of it. I must have sounded like a side of beef slapping against the hot sidewalk when I'd hit.

That was 7th grade. My 7th grade football team made the local news. The offensive line had a higher average weight than the Dallas Cowboys that year. We were all just rather large guys. when i moved back to my hometown at the end of 7th grade, i never saw any of them again. Except this one dude, Theo. Ran into him while at a powerlifting meet. He was at El Paso Hanks competing in the regional meet in Lubbock. It was kinda cool running into him like that before graduating high school.

Sorry for the off topic aside...you sent me down memory lane.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thats the point of the thread, connecting with them things when we were kids. Mine was skating and riding bmx, we used to do it with tons of us the cops then would always wrangle our assess up for one thing or another. These days I have noticed it far and in between to see the kids in big groups encouraging one another to do that next trick etc because the cops made it basically illegal to ride bmx or skate around here. Now all we have are kids OD'ing on heroin and fentanyl.

If the cops saw 20-30 kids like in the video doing something like that, they wouldn't know what to do, I think they would call back up and treat like something its not.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman not me, my brothers did a bit, jumped over us all lined up under a ramp... no fear children are cool.
Miss ya, brotherman! You hate me now?
Pm me if so.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman oops wrong post, sorry.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat
I dont hate you :0 I've just been really busy lately

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman good news today! Thanks, brotherman...hope things going well!
So happy you don't hate me!
Take care, see you around the boards when your posting.😊

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

My very first 'Harley' looked something like this:

Yeah... I'm an old fart from the 70's. My brother and I built our own ape-hanger bicycles from bits and parts we dug out of the local scrap yards.

We had a blast !

(and more than our fare share of busted up knees and elbows trying to keep the rubber side down with those damn crazy suicidal bikes)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

My first traffic citation came from riding bmx, ironically my second was from a skateboard lol. I still think its crazy how nervous cops get when 20 people on BMX bikes get together for a nice street ride.

top topics

join