It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Turmeric--Nature's Powerhouse...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

So is powdered tumeric BETTER than fresh unground tumeric

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I wouldn't think so but I have seen no studies on that issue.

I take the powdered variety.

And, actually, logically . . . dried and powdered might well show no difference in efficacy.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

God forbid you try to save your own life outside the box!

I know...its like food that has health benefits have some kinda voodoo ... imagine it was organic turmeric we are talking about !! It would be like double voodoo

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I just know too many folks who've taken the alternative track to great success. And with a lot less grief.

I am in the same boat, as an example my gf managed to cure her (at least she is in remission) chronic fatigue simply through a change of diet.....She learned a lot about gut bacteria and how it affects health, she has been using a low fodmap diet, is careful not to ingest chlorine and other bacteria killers, eats a lot of live foods which increase good gut bacteria.....The science is showing us an unhealthy gut leads to many many problems.....

Good thread SnF...
edit on 16-6-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: insert link

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Thanks for your excellent personal experience narrative.

It gets weary-ing the air-headed silliness of folks who trash personal experience as though it were worse than nothing. That's just stupid.

NONE of us KNOW ANYTHING apart from personal experience.

We either experience the subject events and activities ourselves

or

we EXPERIENCE reading/hearing about them and swallow what we read/hear.

Either way--it's a personal experience and involves faith either in our direct experience or faith in our hearing/reading of the direct experience of others.

And potential flaws of observation, analysis and/or judgment abound aplenty IN EITHER option! Sheesh.

At least with more direct personal experience, one knows the realities better, more first hand, more in the nitty gritty levels of life. I tend to trust that a lot.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Cheers BO i appreciate that

Individual health is really individual, each one of presents a different physiology and have differing needs to maintain health, it makes sense that different things work for different people...

I appreciate your threads they always inspire positive thought ...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I got into using it when I got Tennis elbow in both arms. I would mix a bunch with lemon and water each morning and drink it. I put it on foods. Because I'd been on anti- inflammatories for months, and had injections regularly, and was still in pain.

It worked. It brought down the inflammation and I began to heal.

Unfortunately it also gave me really bad gas! Lucky I could not work and was at home alone, because no one could have put up with the farts I had!

Am I the only one that had side effect?? I do have just very sensitive innards anyway.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Thanks for your personal experience report . . . as . . . uhhhh . . . explosive as it appears to be for you.

No, I used to be known for a ton of SBD's . . . Silent But Deadly farts in my BA program days.

If I stay off the Mexican dish beans . . . and a few other things, I'm amazingly civilized these days. At least I don't gas myself out any more.

I'm glad the turmeric worked. I understand it's quite powerful in such cases. Love your first person example.

Have a blessed rest of the week,

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
AGREED ABOUT THE DIFFERENT PHYSIOLOGY requiring different needs for optimum health.

Thanks for your kind words and particularly for your great contributions to the topic.

May there be Continued health and wholeness to you and those you love.

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Cheers BO i appreciate that

Individual health is really individual, each one of presents a different physiology and have differing needs to maintain health, it makes sense that different things work for different people...

I appreciate your threads they always inspire positive thought ...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

May there be Continued health and wholeness to you and those you love.

Right back at ya

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
I guess one question re: cancer benefits of turmeric is whether India has lower numbers of cases. I'm in bed now otherwise I would look..

Even if there were only a placebo effect is that such a bad thing?....no where do I see it stated as cure ...all it seems have is many health benefits including helping chemo treatments...

Personally if I were ill I would be looking into and trying everything that was at my disposal......

Oh me too..and there is part of the problem. Its people saying that something is a cure for cancer when it hasnt been shown to be. False hope. Now, Bo isnt THAT guilty of what im suggesting, i know he had good intentions. My point was more a genaral one.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Your . . . uhhhh . . . RELIGIOUS convictions about

--double blind studies

--being essentially addicted to favoring a greatly higher risk of a false negative error just to avoid the horror of a false positive error

--how we know what we think we know

WALLS OFF AN EXTENSIVE and reasonable body of proven efficacy in the lives of many thousands, if not millions of people.

I find that irrational . . . and unnecessarily cruel to millions of desperate people who need solid information that just MAY not come via double blind studies . . . yet . . . which may have a ton of accurate things to say about efficacy.

edit on 16/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: typo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join