It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA issue grant for a study on how Christianity would deal with Aliens!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

no you dont wanna say anything about they wackos, they camp out outside your door and abuse the life out of you if you say bad things about them, futn loonballs!......... do any live in Scotland, if so..... yeah there cool.
Anyway what if aliens come down and say that they are Gods, and Jesus, Muhammad and Buddha are all best friends playing with us like the PC game command and conquer.
If that happens im going full satanic, luciferian on their asses.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Alien intrusion by Gary Bates

it's good to know, just dont want to get lost in it all

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
silly boy, it's a prep for a false flagg.....look around.....

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: Davg80
NASA issue grant for a study on how Christianity would deal with Aliens!

Where does NASA get their money!?
If it from the public, the damned fools cannot have any more of mine!
What an absolutely IDIOTIC waste among a plethora of idiotic wastes!

Who cares how 'Xtians' would deal with Reality?
They haven't been doing too well for the last 2,000 years!!!
Their pointy little goombah heads can implode for all I care!
Give the money to the homeless!
The 'Xtians' sure won't!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

But what if they come with their own religious beliefs? Then if they're more powerful their God becomes our God.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yes it would seem the American Government are looking at how proof of aliens would effect Christians

No. It would seem that NASA has helped fund studies into how various aspects of astrobiology may affect society.

The project is intended to refresh and expand scholarly and public dialogue on this subject, which is of growing interest due to the discovery of thousands of extrasolar planets and the ongoing search for potentially habitable environments in our solar system and beyond. With this $1.108 million grant, CTI will oversee a resident team of visiting scholars in theology, the humanities, and social sciences that will conduct an interdisciplinary inquiry on the societal implications of astrobiology, the study of the origins, evolution, distribution, and future of life in the universe.
www.ctinquiry.org...

Though both of the visiting scientists work in the area of astrobiology, they examine the discipline from different disciplinary perspectives. As a biologist who teaches and runs a laboratory at the University of Montana, Frank Rosenzweig studies the development of multicellular organisms. Michael Hecht, who teaches and runs a laboratory at Princeton University, contributes to the field of astrobiology as a chemist.
www.ctinquiry.org...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Agreed.

At least, as far as I can tell.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

The current crop of presumed demigods . . . that some have traced all the way back to Babylon

are not impressive in anything remotely good or redemptive.

Thanks for your kind words. No sweat.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Have you ever considered just how

humans might even begin

to verify the story of critters that claim to come from Alpha Centauri?

Initially the critters claimed to come from Venus and Mars, IIRC.

Then as we sent probes . . . they changed their locale beyond the reach of our probes.

Clever of the critters, that.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Yes it would seem the American Government are looking at how proof of aliens would effect Christians, this news to me is very interesting. the study which has to last over the course of 3 years.

Sadly they are overlooking the biggest issue for Christians, are Aliens Muslims and how will Christian handle that?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

You may be confident that the critters with the ruling human oligarchy will quickly move, after disclosure, to marginalize the authentic Christians (the ones they haven't already lobotomized by propaganda and co-opted into milque-toast uselessness) . . . just as Hitler did the Jews.

Then they will 'have to be' for the "common good and needful 'unity,' " herded into the death camps etc. etc. etc.

God will protect those He's slated for protection and martyrdom will be the lot of those slated for that.

And when the dust settles after Armageddon, all those betting on the wrong horse will realize their hideously awful stupidity . . . far too late for their own sorry hide.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

The best research indicates that they are part of the fallen angel crew.

Demons are considered to be fallen angels that lost their bodies in the flood . . . which, of course, NOT ALL of them did.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

If disclosure does occur I can see the Church using 'spin' media tatics (as they have been doing i.e. 'space brothers') to make them look good to gain more members and money..
edit on 15-6-2016 by spmc215 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yes it would seem the American Government are looking at how proof of aliens would effect Christians, this news to me is very interesting. the study which has to last over the course of 3 years.

www.disclose.tv...

Interesting. Years ago, and I do mean years, maybe 15+++ - - - I was listening to an interview with an astronaut/scientist (in that field).

He was asked about this. He said definitely, anything said, any report has to take religion into consideration.

He also said "it was a pain in the ass" that he couldn't just outright state what he wanted.

I'd say its about time. Not that they'll go far enough.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No. It would seem that NASA has helped fund studies into how various aspects of astrobiology may affect society.

Well great!

Can you pass word around I'm ready?

Even if I'm just another ingredient for the soup.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I saved this cartoon from somewhere.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Yes. Mocking the mentally unstable will often get you killed.
edit on 15-6-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Welcome, Space Brothers! Have you heard the Good News about Jesus Christ?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
As an aside and more to the point of the OP I guess is the Alexander UFO Religious Crisis Survey: The Impact of UFOs and Their Occupants on Religion ~ Conducted by Victoria Alexander, (NIDS / Bigelow Foundation)

The Alexander UFO Religious Crisis survey addresses just one of many problems facing the UFO Community: how would organized religions in the United States react to confirmation of contact with an advanced extraterrestrial civilization. The results of this pilot survey are straightforward and remarkably simple. The theologians surveyed would not feel their faith and the faith of their congregation would be threatened. The following results, based upon a 23% return (230 surveys) should have a significant and meaningful impact on the UFO Community, its doctrines and attitudes.

www.ufoevidence.org...

"Alexander" as in Col. John B. Alexander and wife Victoria.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

If one has been trained most of their life to ignore major portions of science, one's beliefs can shield one, no matter how inconvenient reality becomes.

That's a great reference bro!

Kev

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Like 'atheists in a life boat,' I guess we might all be praying to God or gods if a few big cruisers parked up in our vicinity and looked hostile.

I'd be off-loading my shares in the laxative industry and investing heavily in waste-disposal commodities.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join