It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most unbelievable headline you read today...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There are hundreds if not thousands of news sources around the world all bidding for your attention. No matter what type of news you are attracted to there is always a headline every single day that captures your attention. I tend to look for the unusual.
While not a recent development or debate, this story struck me funny.
Man charged in Ont. after fight over whether Earth is flat or round

They say a woman who insisted the Earth was flat was locking horns with her boyfriend's father, who argued it is round. Investigators say the 56-year-old man grew so enraged that he started throwing things into their camp fire, including a propane cylinder. Firefighters were called to put out the flames. Police say the man took off and will face a mischief charge. They say "neither party would change their views."

Not much to the news story...but I find it so funny that this topic or others, can get people so enraged that they become violent.
So what headline caught your eye today?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied I'm foaming at the mouth I'm so angry the Earth is round.. or flat... actually I'm laughing a dark and sinister laugh over the enraged squabble... hopefully no one and nothing was hurt... will read article after I run errands.
Thanks for the story.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Alcohol.

There had to be alcohol involved.

At least I really hope so.

Because otherwise? Stupid people bred.

Who throws a propane tank on a fire?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Alcohol.

There had to be alcohol involved.

At least I really hope so.

Because otherwise? Stupid people bred.

Who throws a propane tank on a fire?

Funny thing..they never mention if the boyfriend agrees with the girlfriend or his father... Would love to have heard the entire conversation, because even though it turned violent, stupidity can be funny as hell.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Families...What are you going to do when your son marries a mouth-breathing moron? Apparently, "Throw propane tanks in the fire and run off" was an option I was not aware of until now.

The Father's Day barbecue is going to be far more interesting than I'd hoped for this weekend...
edit on 14-6-2016 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Funny thing..they never mention if the boyfriend agrees with the girlfriend or his father... Would love to have heard the entire conversation, because even though it turned violent, stupidity can be funny as hell.

Me too!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I'll just add this for grins😊.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Maybe for today, and thats just maybe... I think the 911 calls over no chicken nuggets or the ensuing fights over it is right up there in the all time.

Of all the flat earthers, has nobody ever been to the edge? surely there must be one?

sure alcohol was involved, probably brewed on site. lol. I had a woman at a bar get pissed at me, near violent over something I said. Quote from a book as near as I could remember it, not sure which one maybe catcher in the rye.... I said only a fool wants to die a hero, a real man wants to live as one. (probably not exactly how it read)

She got pissed and said she would die for her children. I said yeah me too but would rather live saving them, Oh not her lol... she made it clear she wanted to die saving her kids. She was yelling. stupid argument with a stupid drunk person.

Didnt make headlines though lol

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Why not both "flat and round"? You know, like a manhole cover? Or a penny! See, it is this "this or that" mentality that has landed us in the situation we are currently in by having to vote the "lesser of two evils" which leads to the violence...

Oh! I see! "Round" as in "spherical"! Then yes! I totally agree with the old man! By all means, through the propane grenade and run!

Vote: "round" like an orange (unless it has been run over by a manhole cover!)

Here's my post that caught my eye: Light-Speed Computer Chips via Carbon Nanotubes

(you know, like how a compass points...)
edit on 14-6-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Finally, after months of the US Presidential campaign, I have a reason to laugh at Canadians

Seriously, though, I don't mind what Canadians believe. Just keep the maple syrup coming.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Sorry, but the stupid is strong on both sides in that one.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I would love to know what kind of mental image that person had in their head because I can't even begin to process that.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
ATS members?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Finally, after months of the US Presidential campaign, I have a reason to laugh at Canadians

Seriously, though, I don't mind what Canadians believe. Just keep the maple syrup coming.

Well have a laugh at our expense...goodness knows stupidity is not geographically condensed. And sadly, if the world was flat...we could just convince them all they were lemmings...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
the earth is flat. Look at the ground

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

How far do you walk before you fall off?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

Three double shots of tequila.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: AccessDenied

Three double shots of tequila.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
It's a wide world out there!!!!a reply to: AccessDenied

top topics

join