It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A disturbing dream for a few days in a row - I just can't figure it out. Help?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes/no. The long goodbye.

a reply to: queenofswords

Does it matter that the animals are outside of the fence?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
a reply to: intrptr

Does it matter that the animals are outside of the fence?

I think so. They are no longer contained behind a fence. They have been freed.

What color was the cat, btw? Just curious.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Gray cat, medium sized brownish dog. Ponies are harder to define. One thing about the animals is that, all though they were distressed, they were in contrast to the rest of the scene because they appeared less realistic or slightly more cartoonish, whereas the rest of the scene was very realistic and drab.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer

Gray cat, medium sized brownish dog. Ponies are harder to define. One thing about the animals is that, all though they were distressed, they were in contrast to the rest of the scene because they appeared less realistic or slightly more cartoonish, whereas the rest of the scene was very realistic and drab.

Gray indicates an unclear state of mind, uncertainty. Sometimes things are not black or white, but something in between. Brown is associated with the earth and ground. Do you need to be more grounded where your loyalty (dog) is concerned. Are you being wishy washy and uncertain?

Interesting about the animals being more cartoonish. Cartoons are an effective means of communication and since these animal characters stood out as a different type of image, I would say they are the focus of what this dream is about and how they are applied to the rest of your life which the other symbols (house, vehicle, trees, fence) represent.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

The same dream four days running… whats the most important part to you, the part that 'sticks' the most/ generates the most feeling?

I had a dream once after a neighbor friend passed. I was in my room when I saw the back gate standing open. My dog could get out, so I went out to close it. Then I saw her gate next door was open and my dog was in her yard, so I went over to get her. I saw this woman in her backyard, she was petting my dog, the two were loving each other.

Suddenly I realized it was her and we stood staring at each other for a while. It was sunny, warm and very pleasant meeting. Then I woke up.

She was older than me, old enough to be my mother. Late in her life I had helped her out from time to time, she had been a shoulder to cry on for some things I was going through.

The big surprise for me came when I realized I had the dream Mother's Day eve.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Hey there HoldMyBeer - I don't think there is anything to be afraid about, like a premonition or danger that is going to occur. To me, this indicates something that is going on inside of you. An internal struggle. More along the lines of your subconscious fighting what you consciously are aware of, or a decision you have to make.

The house indicates you. You are well off enough in life it seems (not struggling, but not rich), and you take care of yourself. In fact that is what I get the most of your dream. That you like to take care of yourself and you follow through on ensuring you are healthy, both outward and inside.

The path is leading you to a decision. The truck is in your way, blocking the decision you know you must make but you don't want to. The animals represent so many emotions: your mental well being and your sense of fun and freedom of mind. I think you are struggling with having to make an enormous decision, one that you have to make, but you are unsure of how to go about it and very afraid of the repercussions.

The field represents the outcome that you wish to come from your decision. It also represents how good life is right now to some degree.

I think you are currently happy and content with your world but whether you have to make a decision about a job (this is my leaning) or a family member (maybe cutting someone out of your life, or moving on with yours and fearing they will be left behind and hurt).

Sometimes with decisions there is no help for it: someone else will be upset. But that's their problem. The fact you've had this identical dream 3x in a row indicates how important it is and that you are torturing yourself by not acting upon that which you know you need to do.

I am no expert. I could be totally way off base. But that's what I get.
So no worries - nothing horrible is going to happen to you. This dream is only about fearing the consequences of a huge, huge decision you have to make. One that you fear will hurt. But you know it needs to be done.

All the best

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Several nights of the same dream, seems like something to which you should pay attention. The house, the truck the animals, all the same, but no visible people? What about sounds? Do you see color in dreams, or get smells? What about the weather, and the appearance of the woods and house? Any menace anywhere besides from the house, such as from whoever is watching in the truck? Details we have -

tree-lined dirt road
country fence
upscale country home and mysterious truck
1 cat
2 ponies/miniature horses
1 dog
a feeling of oppression
a feeling that you need to act

Does that cover it? The animals intrigue me. Could the represent anyone you know? Some set of 1, 1, and 3? Is there something in your life, or that of someone you know, that involves some wealthier person who might live in a rural setting? Can you see a license plate on the truck? Anything on the truk or house, or a sign, to indicate where you might be?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Having the same ominous feeling dream so many nights in a row would be very disturbing to me too!
Have you tried free association? They say no one can truly interpret someone else's dreams, because our unconscious minds (ie; repressed fears, desires, wishes, etc) are all different. It will always come out .. as the saying goes.. 'You can't hide from your true self'.
Basically you try to break down the dream by associating what thoughts come to mind for each component, keep following each thought and write down what comes to mind. Don't worry about how unalike the words seem. ('Banana' and.. 'wool', for example) You should begin to see a clearer picture of what your unconscious is trying to tell you.
Good luck!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The first thing that crossed my mind was 'Animal Farm'... The sense of foreboding coming from the obfuscated truck, the house where someone of power resides, perhaps plotting against the other animals.. Miniature ponies makes me think of social engineering - breeding us to be diminutive & compliant. Same goes for the cat & dog - our pets, leading us, warning us - showing us how we've become trained into submission. The truck makes me think that a trip to the slaughterhouse might be around the corner..

Just a few quick ideas, hope you find some resolution (and that this isn't prophetic!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join