It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A disturbing dream for a few days in a row - I just can't figure it out. Help?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It started in the wee morning hours of Saturday, right before I woke up. It was difficult to discern if I was awake or asleep and, once I finally woke up fully, I was disoriented and upset.

It's just a flash, really, of a place I've never been to or seen before. It begins with me walking up a dirt road, there are trees on either side and I see a a brown fence, the type you see at stables, surrounding a very big field in front of me. The trees on my right break and the dirt road becomes a dirt drive that turns right.

I see a large, up-scale, country-style house about 25 yards from the fence-line, facing the field. There is a gray extended cab, heavy-duty truck in between the fence and the house, on the drive, facing me. I get a overwhelming sense that there is someone in the truck but the windows are tinted. There is a darkness, I can only describe it as an oppressive sensation, emanating from the house. Something very bad has either happened or is happening there.

Then I'm startled by something coming around the corner of the fence to my left. It's a cat. Followed by three miniature ponies and a dog. They each turn their head toward me as they pass, with a desperate look. The dog is last to trot by, it starts to come toward me, as if for help, but then quickly gets back in line. The animals are very distressed but they just keep trotting down the fence line and disappear.

Then I wake up.

And that's the dream. Each night for four nights now. I have no explanation. I've never seen the place. Don't know anything about ponies. Don't know anyone with a truck like that.

But everything in me says I need to figure this out.

Any insight ATS?

edit on 6/14/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

The first place I'd look would be what you've been thinking while you're awake (especially as you go to bed). Has anything disturbed you lately? Could it be inspired by a commercial requesting donations or something like that?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

There are many dream interpretations of buildings on the internet, starting a search may find that dreaming of a building is symbolic of ourselves, who we really are and what issues we currently face.

Some dream of a sunny cottage, some a foreboding castle. Yours sounds neat.

Light or dark, representing our current trials and outlooks in life. Are we and ours worried about something?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: VP740

Agreed. I try to view dreams like that to a large extent. You know, my brain just de-fragging itself from all the data it collected all day. But it's the combination of exactness, repetition, high-strangeness and unfamiliarity that has me scratching my head.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Are we and ours worried about something?

It's modern life in 2016, of course there are worries. Pretty mundane, nothing too extreme. Though I did have a loved one pass recently, but not unexpectedly.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Try some lucid dreaming and change the narrative.

Look at your hands in the dream and go from there....

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Why look at my hands?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Is there a threat in your life you are missing?

The animals could mean a few things - they seem like "innocents" in this situation, that are afraid and perhaps being oppressed or harmed by the "darkness" from the house.

Is there an aspect of yourself, an innocence, that is in danger of being oppressed by someone?

Is the truck occupied by a male or female presence? Can you tell? Does "truck" and "upscale country house" have any associations for you - is there a person in your life that fits that description, is this "normal" territory for you (i.e. you live or have lived in rural areas) or "foreign" as in you are a city person?

Your subconscious is definitely trying to get your attention!!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer

originally posted by: intrptr
Are we and ours worried about something?

It's modern life in 2016, of course there are worries. Pretty mundane, nothing too extreme. Though I did have a loved one pass recently, but not unexpectedly.

Passing of a loved one is a big deal. How recent?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

A month.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Though I did have a loved one pass recently, though not unexpectedly.

Could that be related? Sometimes I think the imagery is less relevant than how you feel.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Why look at my hands?

Provides an anchor for your awareness, while still dreaming. Being aware of yourself in your dream. Look at your hands, then up at your surroundings. If you feel your awareness slip look at your hands again.

Takes practice to become proficient for most.

My focus is interpreting what you have experienced.

dreamscloud

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

A month.

For most, thats pretty early in the grieving process. You might be seeing that grief in relation to your dream house, the darkness therein. They may even be the one outside in the vehicle.

The dream is yours, I could speculate though… next time go up to the truck, if its them this might be an opportunity to say good bye, for now.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Interesting link. Two story house but it doesn't seem to connect with me, in my mind at least. But I can only see it from the side, not the full view. And I never turn right down the driveway to get a better look. I always wake up.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I don't even want to dream it again, much less go up to the truck or near the house.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Interesting link. Two story house but it doesn't seem to connect with me, in my mind at least. But I can only see it from the side, not the full view. And I never turn right down the driveway to get a better look. I always wake up.

It doesn't matter the links description, everyones 'house' is different. You are outside yours in this dream, so the events in your life are happening outside you, like with others or the world.

Resist waking up if you can, go up to the truck, see who's there… listen, watch

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I don't even want to dream it again, much less go up to the truck or near the house.

I get that. It is a brush with the unknown that makes us the most afraid.

Remember, its just a dream. It can't hurt you.

Did you get a chance to say goodbye to your loved one? Would you if you could?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Why look at my hands?

Because if you can do that in the dream state you can take control of your dream.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

At first I thought this might be a precognitive dream. But, upon contemplation, I think this is a personal message for you alone.

I'll give you the symbolism meanings first, then put them all together to give you my interpretation. You may have a different interpretation based on your personal situation.

1) - Road---This represents your direction in life. Take a look at the road in your dream. Is it straight, crooked, rocky, uphill, downhill? Is there a fork in the road? Yours is made of dirt and veers off to the right.

2) - Trees---This is representative of your life's development, both earthly and spiritually. Take a look at the trees in your dream. What kind of trees were they? Were they full and leafy or just beginning to leaf out. Family matters can also be indicated by the presence of trees.

3) - Fence---This represents boundaries, or being fenced in or out. Are there animals behind the fence? What, within you such as your primal energy, is being contained?

4) - Vehicle---This represents your physical self. What condition is the vehicle in? Yours is a big beefy gray truck with darkened windows. What are you not willing to see?

5) - House---This is a symbol for both your physical self and your spiritual self. What is happening in the house symbolizes a reflection of your life.

6) - Cat---This represents your intuitive self or your feminine essence. We all have some female/male energies, receptive and intuitive, or creative and active.

7) - Ponies---Horses usually represent power or grace and beauty. Native American shamans believed that the spirit of the horse enabled one to travel to the inner realms. You saw three and essence of the number 3 is the threefold nature of divinity: mind, body, spirit.

8) - Dog---Loyalty, friendship, protection, and service is symbolized by the dog.

So, one possible interpretation: You are walking down the road of life learning and developing and growing intuitively, spiritually, socially, philosophically, and in all other ways that life teaches us.

Now that road takes a turn to the right. You hesitate. You aren't completely sure of what this leads to in your life's direction. Things aren't exactly clear. You are having trouble seeing things clearly. You feel apprehensive and a bit uneasy.

But, your intuition (cat) tells you to go there. The ponies (mind, body, spirit) follow your intuition. Your loyalty (dog) is a bit uncertain and wishy washy, but it, too, gets behind your intuition and your whole self, and trots faithfully with the others.

Hope this gives you a bit of insight. This is one of those dreams that demand examination. I love those kinds!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join