It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi been killed in US air strike? Reports say he has died in Raqqa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has reportedly been killed in a US air strike in Raqqa.

His death, reported by the respected Turkish daily Yenis Safak, would be a major blow for the jihadists and comes only days after 50 people were killed in an Orlando nightclub by a man pledging allegiance to ISIS.

But there have previously been reports that al-Baghdadi, who proclaimed himself caliph of all Muslims two years ago, has been killed or wounded.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...# ixzz4BYXRAJCC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Has ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi been killed in US air strike? Reports say he has died in Raqqa but no confirmation from coalition

Wow. ISIS has apparently put out a statement. Can anyone confirm?

If accurate, the timing of this, post Orlando, will certainly be politically advantageous to the Obama administration and the Clinton campaign.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Leader of the week been killed.

Another scum bag will just pop up.

Killing these so "called" leaders is pointless. They are a dim a dozen.

The real leaders sit safely In Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I doubt it. The death of Bakr has been reported over a dozen times.

It's probably a Psy op to weaken the morale of their fighters, though if US experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan is anything to go by elimination of leadership doesn't have the expected effects but they refuse to learn from this.

Even if it is true, the Islamic State will deny it, and probably use a double or something to stand in. Though they might exploit it and project Bakr as a Martyr.

If false I expect we'll be seeing or hearing from Bakr in the future, like his appearance in the Fallujah mosque not too long ago.
edit on -050007am6kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Pretty much.

As long as there are those who are willing to fund these scumbags just so they can use them, another head will just pop up. It doesn't matter who's in charge of these animals.

When we start dealing with the real cause of terrorists movement, and not just deal with symptoms, but rather go for the disease, then it's going to be over.

Is that doable and realistic? Dunno.

Is the west and the rest of the world willing to deal with Arabia, Qatar and such?
edit on 236k2016Tuesdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
www.mirror.co.uk...

But Breaking News editor's note says just rumor.

www.breakingnews.com...

Editor's note: There are reports on Twitter that Islamic State leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi has been killed. He's been rumored to have been killed several times in the past, so we're looking for any official confirmation or more information. The New York Times' Rukmini Callimachi notes 'There is no credible evidence that he's been killed. All rumor'

link   
They killed him again?

Satellite images show a man with a beard, it must have been him!

link   
a reply to: Nikola014

The Islamic State, like various similar terrorist organisations, are not led by a Leader, but an ideology. The only way to defeat it is to eliminate those supporting the promotion of such an ideology.

If the "War on Terror" was really about ending Terrorism, the Gulf Monarchies would've been gone long ago.

The Islamic State, and modern groups similar to it are little more than tools to destablise states unfriendly to Israel and the Gulf Monarchies to strengthen their position in the region.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Apparently it was a tweet from IS that confirmed it. Of course how the # ISIS can have a twitter account is a whole other rabbit hole. I don't know what to believe.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
newscomau DailyMirror DailyMail have ran the story. bigger MSM outlets seem to be holding back.

ETA: al-Amaq news agency seems to be the origin source. an IS news source
edit on 14-6-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Wish we could find the alleged IS twitter link.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

I always wonder about that. All these twitter sleuths follow the ' correct' people in the IS world for proper leaks. But how on earth does one discern the differences between accounts.

ETA: More sites like skynews.com.au are picking it up, but they all seem to be quoting eachother at this point.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Not to mention how they can maintain a twitter account with a pervasive Surveillance State. I dunno, maybe we should ask Edward Snowden?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Well I think the answer is there for both of us. I assume active accounts total like 30-40 per user and they just keep dodging big brother ( or they think they are).

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Even if he is dead it'll change nothing.

Gaddafi Loyalists continued the fight long after he fell at the hand of foreign mercenaries

Saddam Loyalists continue the fight to this day.

The Taliban continue their struggle even after Mullah Omar's death

The Islamic State continued their campaign after the death of their previous leader, Al-Zarqawi, in their previous form (Al-Qaeda in Iraq).

If he is dead, they'll likely be a month or two of political squabbling between the upper echelons of the Islamic State, and a new leader will emerge.

The only way to defeat the Islamic State is to drain their manpower and eliminate their supporters, both direct and indirect.
edit on -050008am6kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Disagree. this isnt some plug and play leader of Al-Queda. HE IS the Caliphate. Will they replace him? Surely... However this could be a blow, where at the right time ( times of dissent, Ramadan), it could splinter the group into different factions fighting for in power. And thats when coalition forces ramp up the ground game.

On the flip side, this death could spark a plethora of lone wolfs or sleeper cells. So I find the facts of this very relevant in terms of cause and affect.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I disagree somewhat. Al-Baghdadi is known by the nickname "The hidden caliph" or variations there of. He is a far less visible leader than Bin Laden was. Although I think that helps to fuel some of the mystique around him.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I disagree somewhat. Al-Baghdadi is known by the nickname "The hidden caliph" or variations there of. He is a far less visible leader than Bin Laden was. Although I think that helps to fuel some of the mystique around him.

Exactly why I see his potential death to send shock-waves within his own group.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Maybe.

"Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed by coalition air strikes on Raqqa on the fifth day of Ramadan," the daily quoted the agency as saying in a statement released on behalf of ISIS to report that the self-proclaimed "Caliph" had died.
www.ibtimes.co.in...

But these dead people do have a habit of turning up alive elsewhere , I don't say this often but I hope he is dead.
May his soul burn in Hell.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

More likely one of the idiotic serial killer boys that fulfill their murderous fetishes by joining that cult accidentally shot him whilst playing pew pew in the refectory at mealtime.

They'd have to blame Murica.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
They killed him after the Paris attacks also and two other times before that,now after the Orlando attack once again he dies

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join