It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando shooter's classmate: He was gay

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: interupt42

lolo, thanks for taking half of my post and finding 2 examples to try and prove me wrong.

That was all that was needed to prove you wrong in regards to that statement.

The other two points were irrelevant in regards to banning guns and the third backed up my claims?

But as you wish:

Or they will just off themselves and not take any lives?

Well using your logic wouldn't it be easier for them to off themselves if they had a gun? I don't see how suicide relates to banning guns besides other methods being available for them to commit suicide as well?

Yes they will find other means, the possibilities are endless.

Agreed. So in the end because you didn't tackle the underlying problem ,the issue will continue to manifest itself.

So why blame guns when clearly other lethal methods will take its place. Can even be more lethal with no chance to escape or notice.

edit on 24630America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jun 2016 11:24:16 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 36630America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jun 2016 11:36:46 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I think people miss the point. The 2nd amendment is not for hunting or even home protection. These are just side effects that come from owning firearms. The reason we have the 2nd amendment is to allow the people to remove a tyrannical government. Would you put your trust in a government that clearly does not have your best interests in mind? Or would you rather be able to take action when needed? The president, the armed forces, intelligence, the police, basically anyone in power does not care about you or me. Why should we not be able to defend ourselves in those circumstances?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The English Common Law provided a right to freemen to hold a firearm for hunting, home protection and to fulfill their duties in the militia to their community.

The American Constitution confirmed this right for the citizens of the United States.

This right, however, is not unlimited. Heller SCOTUS decision

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

The reason we have the 2nd amendment is to allow the people to remove a tyrannical government.

While that is the underlying truth, in reality the civilian population has no chance to take on the gov;t no matter how well we are armed. Unless the men and women of the military turn on the few throwing the orders down the chain of command.

Sadam was better armed than the civilian population with his own army and it didn't take much to topple him.

The US Military can bomb us and target us without us ever knowing . You can't fight an enemy that you cant see no matter how many CIVILIAN arms you have.

Hence the real importance of gun ownership today is to protect your family from criminals because the police can't be there to protect you on realtime. Minutes and even seconds are to precious to waste when your family is under attack to be waiting to be saved by someone who has less vested interest in saving you and your family.

Ofcourse the following applies as well in todays time and is spot on:

Would you put your trust in a government that clearly does not have your best interests in mind? Or would you rather be able to take action when needed? The president, the armed forces, intelligence, the police, basically anyone in power does not care about you or me. Why should we not be able to defend ourselves in those circumstances?

edit on 35630America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jun 2016 11:35:58 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

This makes sense, to a point. Just because the military has stuff we do not, and may prove to be an insurmountable enemy, do we lay down and give up? For my part, I would rather be bombed to death fighting than rounded up like cattle to be dealt with according to the ruling party's whims. That is just my take, however.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

Also, sorry to drift off topic...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Seems they've got her under wraps now.

And her story has now completely changed.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Ok, deflection, some of the patrons at the club has seen the terrorist at the club in other occasions, but none have said that he was engaged in any sexual relations with anybody, he was married and had a child.

If he was a closet homosexual is one thing, but to me he was just getting comfortable before committing his crime, unless somebody comes forward and tell that he knew him and that had a relationship with him I stand with the getting comfortable before the crime scene.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Guess this is the current wife. The one mentioned earlier in the thread was the ex.

Wife of Orlando shooter knew of attack, could face charges: source

a reply to: marg6043

But if what some people are saying is true, his visits to gay bars are not just recent, and not infrequent, and go back 10 years or more.

As to having a wife (and ex-wife) and child? That's neither here nor there.

The ex-wife described that marriage as abusive and loveless. The current may now be charged.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Still the only gay bar that he visited so far is been the one that he committed his act of terrorism.

I'm still waiting to see who will come forward to tell that he was engaged in homosexual relationship or that he was soliciting sex while online.

And yes I never bite into the innocent family thing either.

edit on 14-6-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
SO!!

Now that we've all but confirmed he was a closet case will the Muslim haters step up and admit they were wrong?

*waits*
edit on VAmerica/ChicagoTue, 14 Jun 2016 21:16:23 -050023America/Chicago by Verse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Wait for more facts, eh?

What if the entire country, nay, the world, has leapt to an enormous, erroneous conclusion?

It is both, Omar Mateen was gay from the research I have done.

Yet, Omar could not live the "gay life style" because of his father and their religious beliefs.

My "opinion" is Omar was born gay and hid it very well around his family and peers, yet society can be very cruel when it comes to our sexual desires of same sex behaviors.

So much hatred towards homosexuality and why? Homosexuality has been here since the beginning of mankind and will never go away.

This cocktail of religion hatred by family members and peers fueled by politics on father side was a monster in the making.

That's right, Omar's family created this monster by using hatred and religion and they are to blame for the shootings in Orlando.

I would like to see some wrongful death laws suits filed against his family, because they are responsible for his action as well.

People can hid behind their false religious beliefs all they want, that does not excuse murder.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join