It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBTQI+ Solidarity with Orlando (Safe Space Thread)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Wonderfully said!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: nullafides

I know this seems odd. Especially on a website like this. But some of us on the board need a place to just simply grieve without judgement.

Well, my question is then, why do you need it *here*? Do you not have friends and family you can confide in, find solace in?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Why do I have to justify the existence of this thread? It's already in the "Off Topic" section of this website.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Well, my question is then, why do you need it *here*? Do you not have friends and family you can confide in, find solace in?

Not always Nullafide.

Being gay can often mean that we become without family because we are rejected over the same hate reasons we see in strangers. Friends can be difficult to make too. Loneliness is a big problem in the gay community.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thankyou Night Star

I draw great strength from the words in your signature. I am glad you have placed them there.
edit on 15-6-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Profound loss equates to a great outpouring of grief and emotion. Humans attempt to discover an approach that prevents similar loss from hurting others. It's sad to me, but it seems all we can do is honor those lost and remember them, their works, their lives, and those hearts they touched.

I can pose a small offering -- a haiku written four years ago for a similar loss. I hope it helps some.

Roiling twisting sea,
lay us down inside the waves
bless our souls to keep

I cannot fathom the mind of a monster that would commit such a horror. Nor do I want to. Some critters are just... broken. I hope we can all learn something of merit that may help those who suffer the pains of loss.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I am glad that you have gained strength from the words in my signature. They have helped me through dark times and I had hoped they would help others as well.

It is good to see so many people gathering together in honoring the victims of such a Horrific crime. My heart really goes out to those lives that have been lost, to those who are trying to heal from the physical and emotional impact of this and to all the families left behind in their deep sorrow.
edit on 15-6-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

Why do I have to justify the existence of this thread? It's already in the "Off Topic" section of this website.

Where you read "justify".... I'm not asking you to do that. I'm asking, why is it necessary that EVERYWHERE be the bleeding heart stomping grounds for everything?

Do you go into kindergarten classrooms and declare a safe space to discuss LGBT!QWETWDT issues?

How about McDonalds? How about Lowe's Hardware? How about the mechanic down the street in his garage? How about....how about...how about....

It's going a bit far.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Now now.

If you disagree, then silence is better than condemnation.

One day you may lose someone dear and then things like this will make sense.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
You guys been staying safe?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join