It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBTQI+ Solidarity with Orlando (Safe Space Thread)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
sorry, whats the full meaning of that acronym?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: markosity1973

I'm so very sorry for your personal loss and grief. Big warm hugs for you.

so I started hearing this song in my head and thought I would post it www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Perfect. Absolutely perfect

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
sorry, whats the full meaning of that acronym?

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (or Questioning), and Intersex.

It's a bit confusing to some (including me) that "queer" is in there because queer is sort of like an umbrella term for the rest of the LGBT crowd. For example, a lot of people (like me) will just say they are queer just to keep it simple. "Questioning" actually makes more sense there.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

coldwisdom posted a bunch of pics from the vigil tonight in the main thread
edit on 13-6-2016 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: Abysha

coldwisdom posted a bunch of pics from the vigil tonight in the main thread

Those are fantastic, thank you
I starred his post.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
All my love.

Zazz.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

anderson cooper cried while reading off all the names www.ew.com...

he spoke each persons name and a little bit about each one of them...some were couples.....showed pictures for the ones they had...that was very imotional
edit on 14-6-2016 by research100 because: added sentence

edit on 14-6-2016 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts.

I am struggling to make sense of it all, but I know that I am not alone in my grief. Many other families are feeling what I feel, which is the absence of a loved one taken before their rightful time.

What is carrying me through at the moment is a determination to not let his and everyone else's death be meaningless.
edit on 14-6-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

that is so true...you are not alone here...we are here for you...I think I was in shock when this happened and it hit me tonight I am very emotional and I am crying as i watch anderson cooper read off the names ages and a little bit about each person....it makes it more personal.....it hurts but I want to know who they were so we don't forget
edit on 14-6-2016 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

There is one thing that people don't understand about our community and that is our amazing capacity to love.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts.

I am struggling to make sense of it all, but I know that I am not alone in my grief. Many other families are feeling what I feel, which is the absence of a loved one taken before their rightful time.

What is carrying me through at the moment is a determination to not let his and everyone else's death be meaningless.

Regards to you. Nice gesture for a thread.

Am trying to make sense of it for friends and family myself who are in Orlando.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think it made me very sad at first mainly because it was mostly young men who I was seeing.... their messages to their mothers and families..... and while my son is only 1....... I just can't imagine losing him like that. Or losing him at all, ever. Especially if he did this because of their orientation..... I love my baby boy, and I don't care who he chooses to love in his life, as long as he does choose love and not hate. :'(

This was truly just... sick and uncalled for. None of those babies, (yes we are all someones babies, even if we are grown) deserved to go then, or in that fashion. I haven't read much about it, because I just can't bear to; however I'm thinking maybe I need to. It would be very hard for me to try to read about again, but maybe its necessary.

My best energy and wishes are with the victims families and friends, and the rest of the LGBTQIA+ community.

-Alee
edit on 6/14/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I am so sorry for your loss.

I wish i could give you a hug, or some form of comfort, but a virtual expression of that will have to do.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Thankyou. Every time I tell myself I am okay, I realise I am not. I guess big boys cry sometimes too.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

They do. I've seen my father, and my sons father cry, and they are both grown. It's okay to acknowledge your feelings, and let them out in a healthy manner. I just want you to know, it's okay to express that grief and anger, and anything else you may be feeling.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

People who call themselves "Christian" and dare to celebrate something like this murderous rampage ARE NOT CHRISTIANS. Pretenders who label themselves as "accepting" of others who are "different" from them but secretly revel in this kind of thing are the worst. They wear their two faces well and make me the sickest.

My heart goes out to the families of the victims and i can only pray the pain of this tragedy, the senselessness of it, doesn't break their souls. I know it would mine.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
On my lunch break at work. Needed a few minutes to share what is going on in my head today.

I'm not the most articulate but I think that these two pieces from Think Progress sum up what I've thought about all day.

No, We Cannot Weep Together

Anderson Cooper Destroys Pam Bondi over LGBT Hypocrisy

Most of the anger I'm feeling today is not toward the shooter but towards the people jumping on the bandwagon. When I was on the main thread discussing the Orlando shooting I was a little taken aback by how many people were expressing sadness because it was coming from the very same people that have argued against gay rights/protections in the past on other threads. Compared our community with pedophiles, rapists and bestiality. I'm angry that majority of people do not recognize that the community is still under attack; not with bullets but laws. That other club survivors were banned from donating blood to help their fallen companions.

However, I still have hope. Hope that this will soften the hearts of people across the globe. Hope that through our pain they can see our humanity.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

My resolve through this;

To be human. To feel the pain. To remember the love. To never let them win.

Last night at a particularly low point I felt like everything had been ripped away from me. Then I had an epiphany. I realized that I have memories, I have my soul and I have my own thoughts. And they can NEVER take these from me.

We have a Maori saying in New Zealand I would like to share; Kia Kaha. It means stand strong. And that is what we must do, stand strong and stand together.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Big warm hug for you! You have a lot of love and support from your ATS family. When we lose someone, it leaves a hole in our lives that no one else can fill. I have lost many through the years and know how that feels. You are not alone, please know that we are here for you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join