It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando shooting survivor says he held door shut, trapping victims inside.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
has anyone got a image of the said are this door was and the immediate area where the patio items are clearly displayed because i can not find one.

Try this one
www.google.com... A%25252F%25252Fnypost.com%25252F2016%25252F06%25252F13%25252Fthe-final-moments-of-the-orlando-gay-club-massacre%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=3db9uTtiupCg nM%253A%252ChtlRJj8LUwi6_M%252C_&usg=__dqOcNOonuklNnPom6qADecIKowY%3D&dpr=1.35&ved=0ahUKEwjEnsqqgKbNAhUCTlIKHdORBR8QyjcIMA&ei=Dy1fV4TbIYKcyQLTo5b4AQ#i mgdii=3db9uTtiupCgnM%3A%3B3db9uTtiupCgnM%3A%3B2ElEUwobg4wUjM%3A&imgrc=3db9uTtiupCgnM%3A

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
a reply to: mOjOm

why are you ignoring newtons 3rd law ?

Why are you ignoring the fact that we know for a fact that the door was held closed. Whether it was because he was scared, or because he was in on it. The door was held closed.

After listening to the reason why it was held closed it sounds more like it was from panic than from being in on it. So newton aside, we already know that it was in fact held closed so why debate the physics of whether it's possible or not. Clearly it was possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

I've been thinking about that actually. I wonder if somehow when this guy first went to hold the door shut if someone pounding or pushing on it from the inside accidently triggered the lock and locked it without realizing it. The people inside panic thinking the door is held shut against them and don't realize what happened, while the guy on the outside is panicking and actually believing he is holding the door all by himself.

Is it possible? It's the only thing I can think of that explains how he could "hold" that door by himself.
edit on 13-6-2016 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Have you ever been in a crowd when it panics and there are people smashed together??? I have and I can tell you that at certain times you can't even move. You literally get crushed standing up from all sides by other people. The worst part though is if you're shorter than the crowd. Because the pressure and body heat make it very difficult to breath and if your head isn't up far enough people start passing out.

Especially when someone is barricading a door and causing people to be trampled.

To be honest, I think I don't even believe this guy's story. It is more palatable to me than believing this guy actually prevented innocent people from escaping and caused others to be trampled.

The idea is absolutely sick. I don't care how terrified he was. He was not in immediate danger, on the patio, and no one can convince me that his fear justified blocking people from escaping a shooter.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

i'm having trouble trying to find the area this guy was in, was it the rear wall area with the pathetic wire fence ?
because it can't be or what did he use to block the door ?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I think it's should also be pointed out that in a traumatic situation like this a person's time perception may not be the greatest. He said he held a door for up to 20 seconds. What felt like 20 seconds to him in that situation may have only been 3-5 seconds. It is possible that he really only held that door for a few frantic seconds, and that the impact of what he did was not has horrifying as what we are imagining. It might also explain stutheaiens' 3rd law a bit .... maybe he really didn't hold that door as long as he thought he did. And .. I didn't hear him say he barricaded it .... that is something else entirely. He said he held it.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes

I think it's should also be pointed out that in a traumatic situation like this a person's time perception may not be the greatest. He said he held a door for up to 20 seconds. What felt like 20 seconds to him in that situation may have only been 3-5 seconds. It is possible that he really only held that door for a few frantic seconds, and that the impact of what he did was not has horrifying as what we are imagining. It might also explain stutheaiens' 3rd law a bit .... maybe he really didn't hold that door as long as he thought he did.

Well, he held it long enough to prevent people from exiting and for people to know it was being held closed. The eyewitness report I heard in another thread said others were TRAMPLED as a result.

No one kept HIM from exiting. I think it was diabolical no matter how long it was.

IF his story is even true.

edit on 13-6-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
No doubt people would be trampled bottlenecking out a door no matter what. Diabolical? Do you think he was laughing gleefully while shutting the door on these people in his premeditated plan to do them in? Panicky and dumb, sure, but there was no mad evil scheme involved.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

No doubt people would be trampled bottlenecking out a door no matter what. Diabolical? Do you think he was laughing gleefully while shutting the door on these people in his premeditated plan to do them in? Panicky and dumb, sure, but I there was no mad evil scheme involved.

I was thinking he was like, "Me and mine are safe. F**k everyone else."

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I really doubt that. There is nothing in what he said that would back that sort of statement up. He mentions one friend with him, the rest were probably strangers to him. If he mentions "his people" I believe he is just making a blanket statement about the people on his side of the door. I don't believe there is a relationship there or ownership of any kind. There is no need to add more evil intentions to an evil situation than what already existed (THE SHOOTER).

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I really doubt that. There is nothing in what he said that would back that sort of statement up. He mentions one friend with him, the rest were probably strangers to him. If he mentions "his people" I believe he is just making a blanket statement about the people on his side of the door.

Yeah, so his entire statement really, really reeks of "Me and mine are safe. F**k everyone else."

I hope he is being investigated. Even if it's only by people on the internet. He is not above that after claiming to have held that door closed. Fifty people died. More were injured and some by trampling.

Why any person would help the shooter to save his own a** and his friend(s), is just beyond me. He was SAFE once he was out that patio door.

edit on 13-6-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
So the SWAT team enetered at 5 am and the guy was shot dead by 5:05 am? It seems to me a major problem here is the candy ass Orlando police department. They have dozens of officers armed with high grade weapons and suited out with full military grade gear and it takes them 3 hours to get the balls to confront a lone gunman? What a joke.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Now that is something to be genuinely enraged at.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I am not going to pretend i know what this guy and all the other people in this club went through but try and put yourself in his shoes for a second.

You are in the club when this goes down and you manage to escape out an exit only to find a bottle neck of people that are trying to make there way out of the confined area outside the exit. People are screaming, people are crying, some maybe wounded and there are people covered in blood and there is panic all the while there are shots going off in the club, BANG BANG BANG BANG. He is thinking any moment now the shooter will come out the door and kill him and everyone else that is outside this door trying to escape, BANG BANG BANG BANG. What are you going to do? What can you do? HODOR!
edit on 13-6-2016 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The cops in Orlano take 3 hours to respond

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
I don't know...I don't want to pass judgement on this man at this time due to the harsh reality of what he had to go thru. Yes it seems odd...I'd like to see a walk thru of the area that is being described before I call him a coward.

He held the door shut as people were pushing and banging and trying to get out.

pass judgment. its pretty clear cut here. he could have simply ran and not looked back..or be a hero and try to help people out..he actively contributed to the death of people by keeping them in. I cant even comprehend why outside of ...maybe he found it funny and empowering?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
So the SWAT team enetered at 5 am and the guy was shot dead by 5:05 am? It seems to me a major problem here is the candy ass Orlando police department. They have dozens of officers armed with high grade weapons and suited out with full military grade gear and it takes them 3 hours to get the balls to confront a lone gunman? What a joke.

Its my understanding that they thought the building was rigged to explode. gotta know the situation before acting. going blazing in without knowledge of layout, number of perps, other considerations like bombs, etc will only get a lot more people killed.

What would have been helpful tbh is a lot of concealed weapons citizens. hate to say it, but its true.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So then this aligns up with witness accounts of the door being held shut.

Wonder if he matches the witness description, was there another one holding the door as well if it was that brief or what he thought was. As some on the net speculated about an accomplice from hearing about this.

“Fifty people were trying to jump over each other trying to exit the place. There was a guy holding the door and not letting us exit. He’s like ‘Stay inside, stay inside.’ As he is saying that, the shooter keeps getting closer and closer and the sound of the bullets is getting closer. Everyone starts to panic. People are getting trampled. Let us out, let us out!’’’

Source
People were pleading is an even sadder part here, but his snap judgment may have in fact brought more deaths.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

To be honest, I think I don't even believe this guy's story. It is more palatable to me than believing this guy actually prevented innocent people from escaping and caused others to be trampled.

THIS ^^^

I'm not buying this guy's story either. Even accounting for panic and misjudgment, it makes absolutely no sense. Something happened, but he ain't telling us the truth, the whole truth, and nuttin but the truth. I don't know why he's telling anyone anything anyway -- except the police of course. He surely can't be proud of this. So why's he even flapping his lips?

Unless a narrative needs to be established...

I wonder if anyone else can/will confirm that this is in fact the guy holding the door?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Was it just me, or did the account at your link seem to say the guy blocking the door was inside? Not directly... but just the way he spoke?

And didn't the guy in the video say he was outside?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join