It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another mass shooting - Here's the stance most people seem to have.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Stop pretending this has anything to do with an inanimate object. I knew this was coming. The next opportunity to blame guns. It was not a gun who killed those people, it was a person radicalized by Islam and everybody is too goddamn PC to call it what it was. A terrorist attack by an Islamic nutjob. But now it's going to be another "Guns are bad" narrative and not a discussion on who we let in this country and enforcing the laws we have on the books. He had a domestic violence conviction. He was on a FBI list. How did he get the guns? He Bought Them, passing a background check to do it!! Why didn't the FBI stop him, if they knew he was on the edge? Because this whole fu**in country is scared to call a spade a spade, because the PC sissies will scream bloody murder if someone profiles a Muslim or anyone remotely connected to Islam.
Please, keep blaming this on everything other than what it is.

I suppose it was all those gun loving French who made it easy for the terrorists to get guns?

If, God forbid, this happens in your own country, will you blame it on your own love of guns? Or the people who are actually responsible?

www.express.co.uk...

ISIS plotting 25 terror attacks on Britain as MI5 says it’s ‘not a case of if but WHEN’

edit on 13-6-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Ahh, blaming the tool, instead of the user.

It's more politically correct to blame something that can't be offended, right?

When you bang your thumb with a hammer what do you do, blame yourself, or the hammer?

When you get rear-ended in an auto accident, do you blame the other driver or do you blame their car?

When we bomb people into tiny bits, do the other people blame the bombs, or the country that is dropping them?

So why then are we blaming the gun, when clearly it was the person using it who is at fault?

It is time for people to wake up, and realize that there are sick indivduals in this world. When they do bad things, like the sick person in Florida, it is THEIR fault, not the tool (knife, bomb, scissors, toothpicks, mining pick, chair-leg, gun, broken bottle, car, acid, etc.) they use.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Stop pretending this has anything to do with an inanimate object. I knew this was coming. The next opportunity to blame guns. It was not a gun who killed those people, it was a person radicalized by Islam and everybody is too goddamn PC to call it what it was. A terrorist attack by an Islamic nutjob. But now it's going to be another "Guns are bad" narrative and not a discussion on who we let in this country and enforcing the laws we have on the books. He had a domestic violence conviction. He was on a FBI list. How did he get the guns? He Bought Them, passing a background check to do it!! Why didn't the FBI stop him, if they knew he was on the edge? Because this whole fu**in country is scared to call a spade a spade, because the PC sissies will scream bloody murder if someone profiles a Muslim or anyone remotely connected to Islam.
Please, keep blaming this on everything other than what it is.

I suppose it was all those gun loving French who made it easy for the terrorists to get guns?

If, God forbid, this happens in your own country, will you blame it on your own love of guns? Or the people who are actually responsible?

www.express.co.uk...

ISIS plotting 25 terror attacks on Britain as MI5 says it’s ‘not a case of if but WHEN’

So it must be pure coincidence that there are no mass shootings and exceptionally few shootings in general in the UK. Even though the odds are we have just as many crazy people as you proportionally.

You really believe that?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

When you bang your thumb with a hammer what do you do, blame yourself, or the hammer?

When you get rear-ended in an auto accident, do you blame the other driver or do you blame their car?

When we bomb people into tiny bits, do the other people blame the bombs, or the country that is dropping them?

So why then are we blaming the gun, when clearly it was the person using it who is at fault?

It is time for people to wake up, and realize that there are sick indivduals in this world. When they do bad things, like the sick person in Florida, it is THEIR fault, not the tool (knife, bomb, scissors, toothpicks, mining pick, chair-leg, gun, broken bottle, car, acid, etc.) they use.

Sigh...no one is blaming the tool. We are blaming the ease of availability of the tool.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: deadlyhope

My biggest concern is that this hideous attack will also be used to further more laws, less freedom and rampant spying by the Government. I can't believe some of the things I hear from both the right and the left about how they are going to deal with this issue. The only thing I am sure is going to happen is we will become less free and for that reason the terrorists have already won.

1.) Attack gun laws (same old same old but deserves vigilance nonetheless)

2.) Attack religious freedoms for Christians in the name of anti-bigotry (scary because this is new)

3.) Worry about rampant gay hatred (from a Muslim terrorist)

4.) Maybe talk about Muslim terrorists who did this and why they are here

It seems we have our priorities skewed once again, but hey! if we can attack those first two Amendments that all our other freedoms rest on ...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I heard or read somewhere Mateen's, G4S co workers where concerned about him and his actions. One even quit because he was so alarmed about his demeanor and rhetoric. How he was able to maintain a Class G gun license after being investigated by the FBI years ago is concerning. Apparently G4S wouldn't fire him because he was Muslim. PC strikes again.

If you aren't aware the G Class license is very involved and allows for greater latitude with use. see below:

The Florida class G security license requires 28 Hours of classroom training by a licensed firearms instructor (K) at a licensed firearms school.

The Florida Class G license as three, 8-10 hour days of classroom and range instruction. The 28 hour Statewide Firearms License Class includes all weapons license requirements mandated by the State of Florida Division of Licensing.

Florida Statewide G License:

Gun Laws and Florida Statutes 493,775,776,790
Use of Force
Legal Issues
Gun Safety
Firearms Mechanics (Semi-Automatic and Revolver)
Fundamentals of Marksmanship
Drawing from the holster
Weapons Handling
Weapons Retention
Weapons Malfunctions
Live Fire Marksmanship Training
State of Florida Firearms Qualification

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Metallicus

My biggest concern is that this hideous attack will also be used to further more laws, less freedom and rampant spying by the Government. I can't believe some of the things I hear from both the right and the left about how they are going to deal with this issue. The only thing I am sure is going to happen is we will become less free and for that reason the terrorists have already won.

1.) Attack gun laws (same old same old but deserves vigilance nonetheless)

2.) Attack religious freedoms for Christians in the name of anti-bigotry (scary because this is new)

3.) Worry about rampant gay hatred (from a Muslim terrorist)

4.) Maybe talk about Muslim terrorists who did this and why they are here

It seems we have our priorities skewed once again, but hey! if we can attack those first two Amendments that all our other freedoms rest on ...

Your priorities should be protecting life. Not protecting your right to own f*ckign guns. A relic in the constitution that has no relevance in 2016 Skewed? You bet it is

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Meh, I wasn't taking a stance for or against gun control, laws, etc in my op.

This thread somewhat proves my OP though.

It's been proven over and over our open borders and vast gun ownership simply makes it stupid and impossible to ban guns.

Gun crime only soars in those cities that try it.

More people die from hundreds of other causes. Requiring a safe driving course every 3 years would probably save 10x more lives than any gun laws ever theoretically could.

Banning cigarettes would save like 100x. ( would save something like 15-20x as many from second hand smoke, a victim crime where someone is killed by another. )

You're worrying about the wrong thing.
edit on 13-6-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Right. Mass shootings drive this nation crazy because they don't understand it. It's not simply a goofy statistic when the media blows it up into a full-on partisan battle.

More people die from eating too much Mcdonalds. ( seriously, though. )

But, this would have been a cause gone wasted if we didn't have politicians battling it out for more control over our populace.

It's not really right/left in DC they all love stripping our rights and putting a show on for the nation that it's actually a battle between different forces.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Right. Mass shootings drive this nation crazy because they don't understand it. It's not simply a goofy statistic when the media blows it up into a full-on partisan battle.

But, this would have been a cause gone wasted if we didn't have politicians battling it out for more control over our populace.

It's not really right/left in DC they all love stripping our rights and putting a show on for the nation that it's actually a battle between different forces.

And yet no one dies of mass shootings in the UK. No kids get shot at home by mistake, no weirdos mow down people watching Batman films at the cinemas etc...

Explain that please

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Too many have forgotten what it felt like after 9/11.

Now we are feeling what those in Paris and Brussels feel.

Je suis Charlie Hebdo, anyone?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: Cygnis

Sigh...no one is blaming the tool. We are blaming the ease of availability of the tool.

Ok, so tell me, done much reading about the prohibition era of America?

How about the "Drug war" of the last several decades?

Hell, fireworks are illegal in most suburban/city areas too, and every year I see more and more people lighting off professional-grade fireworks from their yards..

So tell me, if there are laws already in place to "ban" certain things... how well do you think banning / removing / making it harder for people to get something is going to work?

Ideally, if someone wants something, legal or not, they find a way to get it. Just as criminals don't follow laws, to do what they want.. Murder is already illegal, yet it still happens regardless of the tools used. Orlando guy had a bomb as well, he was INTENT upon killing by any means necessary.

Until you can accurately predict mass murders, in a pre-crime sort of way there will ALWAYS be those who are sick enough to do things like this, by ANY means necessary. That is why it is important to be vigilant and aware of your surroundings and people.

Just as an example, and yes I can provide the link to the article if you wish, there was a man who blew up a school back in the early 1900's in the USA, before "modern" firearms. He killed 30+ people in that incident, intentionally. (Hint: He used the same sort of method that was used in the Oklahoma bombing)..

Food for thought.. I'd rather take my chances against bullets, instead of bombs. (It's far easier to make an explosive device then it is to get a gun in this country, at least legally).

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor
Obama was the greatest gun salesman of all time after Sandy. You are right. No way Hillary will be out done. She even hints at it and sales will go up 1000%.

I hope people realize there are many blueprints out there to make AR-15's. Anyone with a basic machine shop can make them as with many other guns. Bullets are even easier. Lookup "80% lowers" on Google.

Just like alcohol prohibition, war on drugs, etc. It will just create innovation and strong underground sales. This is what separates the USA from other countries. People are innovative and not willing to sit back and loose their freedom's........

The next big Mexican Cartell will have million $ machine shops pumping out guns to move through their tunnels to the USA. Well other than the already massive amount of imported firearms they already deal in.

Progressive libs are so naive.

edit on 13-6-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: deadlyhope

And yet no one dies of mass shootings in the UK. No kids get shot at home by mistake, no weirdos mow down people watching Batman films at the cinemas etc...

Explain that please

It still happens in the UK, just not as frequently. If I recall correctly, a few years back a guy went nuts and killed a couple people with a shotgun, and then himself out in a rural area, think the body count was 8 or 9 by the time he finished.

In Australia, where guns are illegal, there was the mass murder at the chocolate shop a few years back. The perpetrator was a ISIS sympathizer, as well.

IF you look at the rest of the world, there are only a few countries that "prohibit/ban" guns entirely, the majority have restrictions and licencing of them. Only 1 country actually takes into account mental health for ownership, and that is Israel. Gun laws by nation

So, the batman movie was shown in a lot of countries, and yet there was only ONE incident of someone going off their rocker.

As far as kids getting shot at home by accident, I'm not sure, as I don't get many reports on everything that goes on in the rest of the world. The majority of countries don't report every little detail and piece of grim news like they do here in America.

The real question should be: Why are we allowing these things to happen when we have someone on the radar, who has obvious intent and we have the ability to stop them?

2. Why are we not enforcing the laws we already have in place?

IMO, I believe there is an agenda, because in all the other countries who allow firearms possession, only America has such a high rate of these incidents. You can buy weapons on the black market in many countries, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Columbia, etc. Yet you don't hear about the mass killings there, Switzerland, and Germany have high gun ownership, yet not a peep.

There is an agenda, and America is being targeted in this department.

So these events will continue until the goal is achieved, mostly by force.

edit on C16262909 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2
You're a very strange person.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I don't recall ever shoving my head up my ass; I'm sure I would have remembered.

This is a horrific event. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. There don't seem to be great divides in perception of this mass killing.

1. A moonbat decided to kill a lot of LGBT. He was successful. He wounded many others.
2. Moonbat was killed. Many of us would rather he was sent to jail to suffer the "pains" of incarceration, but he was killed to save others. Fine.
3. Nobody that I've seen is trying to infer that anyone deserved to be killed.
4. I still don't know what the hell you are talking about. Say it clear if you want to be understood. Cryptic language is a cop-out.

5. Just say what you think. We will all respect you a lot more for doing so.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join