It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9 Types of Intelligence Which Make Us All Human

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
10 June 2016
Phillip Schneider, Staff

www.wakingtimes.com...

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein
. . .
In 1983, a developmental psychologist from Harvard University, Howard Earl Gardner, proposed a theory that will make you question the way you view intelligence, as well as the structure of our education system. He hypothesizes that intellect comes in nine different types, and that each person best expresses their own unique intelligence. However, we all possess each type on some level and can develop our skills in each category.
1. Musical-Thythmic and Harmonic . . .
. . .
2. Visual-Spatial . . .
. . .
3. Verbal-Linguistic . . . [This is one of the main components of traditional IQ tests]
. . .
4. Logical-Mathematical . . . [This is another main component of traditional IQ tests]
. . .
5. Body-Kinesthetic . . . [Dance, atheletics etc]
. . .
6. Interpersonal . . . [Relationships, EQ]
. . .
7. Intrapersonal . . . [Personal integration and understanding of one's self]
. . .
8. Naturalistic . . . [A new one . . . being in touch with the natural world--flora, fauna . . . ]
. . .
9. Existential . . . [Another new one . . . a spiritual sense, understanding . . . ]
. . .

I think the explanations for each one are very clear and easy to understand.
I like the famous quotes that go with all of them.
I'm glad we have moved away from a narrow view of IQ.
And, I think it was good to make the point that all of us have each type of IQ in differing and unique mixtures.
Any questions?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
studied this in college great measure ...i am visual, kinesthetic

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer

Are you more into athletic or dance sorts of movement?

And what sorts of visual inputs do you most enjoy?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
i am a martial artist, so a blend of athletics and dance. my learning sytle indicates that i learn best in a hands on manner.doing or being visially shown the task at hand once

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaDreamer
i am a martial artist, so a blend of athletics and dance. my learning sytle indicates that i learn best in a hands on manner.doing or being visially shown the task at hand once

That's very impressive.

It can take me 1-2 dozen repetitions to learn something involving my muscles and brain . . . e.g. tuning a huge radio transmitter in the Navy that involved 18 steps that could not be written down as they were classified.

top topics

join