It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Engineering: Proof That Media Exposure Can Warp Gender Identity In Adult Men

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Wow, i can feel your RAGE.

The difference here is i never mentioned THE LOONEY TUNES cartoon, you did.

You're the one defending vehemently your love of little boy ponies not i. (is this the name of your fave cartoon i forget)

Relax, it's not like America was just attacked by an Islamic Terrorist or anything.. Oh Wait.....

I guess they'll be wearing those during the new world order brigade my little fairy costumes to go fight in, how adorable would that be.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Bah, you talk to everyone like their idiots on here i've seen you.

You're not the commander and chief you think you are, and you no Nothing about what i know of Bruce Lee any more than you want me think you know of him.

This is useless...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
awareness10

Rage? Me? Honestly that is quite rich. Rage is the farthest thing from my mind. I just disagree with your opinions. You should know, however, that everything I have said is just that as well, opinions. I respect your opinions man, I really do. You just have to be able to see both sides of the coin, dig?

The OP is ridiculous. I'm sorry you disagree. So if you were feeling any rage, you may want to recheck the source of its origin because its not coming from me bro.

We may disagree but I still love ya like a brother. And I mean that.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Now worries, and i love you like a Sister

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
The OP is ridiculous.

Really? Oh, I get it, you just say FAIL and that means it is so?

I've posted in plenty of material to back up my position since, NONE of which have you addressed head on.
edit on 12-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

awareness10

Tbh, I've never once seen Rainbow Dash pull a gun on any of her friends.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So you posted this thread without even knowing the definition? Then you blast people for not being able to explain it to you, when you didn't even bother to look it up before posting this (very) thinly veiled, transphobic (even though ponies don't make you trans) thread? Are you new? Lost? Is this real life?

Watching a show will not make anyone trans, just like standing in a garage will not turn anyone into a car.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Let me reiterate the basis of my usage of the phrase "transgender"...

Much of the recent hubub on the issue stems from Oabama's Restroom Edict, right?

The cause of which is to prevent bullying of "transgenders", no? In this context, would not transvestites and "flamers", and even metrosexuals for that matter, all face the same bullying and therefore is this big ordeal they also be blanket covered in the general assessment?

While we're at it, how about everybody else that might be a "sissy" also get to go into the "safe zone" girls room?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Really? Oh, I get it, you just say FAIL and that means it is so?

Only if you take one man's opinion as fact, which I don't believe you are that foolish. It is , after all, simply an opinion. I reserve just as much right to express it as you do. Grand innit?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

awareness10

We may disagree but I still love ya like a brother. And I mean that.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Now worries, and i love you like a Sister

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
awareness10

Good at least we agree on that, Soul Sista.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn

Wrong! Funnily enough, I was wise enough to know it was that broader more complex concept. You all hammering me that I was wrong in my word usage merely got me sweating for a moment that I might be.

The fact that the group of you set about in such fashion, as the proponents of it, well something ought to be said about that (i.e. you dont even know, or you deliberately lied to advance your position, etc).

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You're a funny one you are.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

so cute, where'd you find that one? fairy hell?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You should watch the show. Give it a few episodes and it will grow on you.

Joooooiiiiin usssssss.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
Watching a show will not make anyone trans, just like standing in a garage will not turn anyone into a car.

Did you not read the OP?

It’s hard to identify a Patient Zero in the pony fandom of 4chan, but Mr. Tanaka remembers an article posted in October 2010 on the /co/ board titled “The End of the Creator-Driven Era in TV Animation.” It linked back to a post on the site Cartoon Brew that targeted not only Friendship Is Magic but also the Hub’s other toy-themed programming, including Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Bitty Adventures and G.I. Joe: Renegades. “It was pretty alarmist, but it also got a lot of us going over to watch the show,” he said. “We were going to make fun of it, but instead everybody got hooked. And then the first pony threads exploded.” Mr. Tanaka estimates that by February 2011 there were 6,000-plus daily pony threads on /co/.
observer.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Ok ok, just one more for now.
You'll enjoy this one, I just created it for you.

Btw I never seen the show, Im just a meme connoisseur par excellence.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join