It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with weapons and possible explosives arrested, was going to L.A. gay pride parade, sources say

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Authorities in Santa Monica found possible explosives as well as assault rifles and ammunition Sunday in the car of a man who told them he was in town for the L.A. Pride festival in West Hollywood, a law enforcement source said.

Early Sunday, Santa Monica police received a call of a suspected prowler near Olympic Boulevard and 11th Street. Patrol officers responded and encountered an individual who told officers he was waiting for a friend. That led officers to inspect the car and find several weapons and a lot of ammunition as well as tannerite, an ingredient that could be used to create a pipe bomb.

Man with weapons and possible explosives arrested, was going to L.A. gay pride parade, sources say

The man is described as white and his cars plates are from Indiana. There is no connection to Orlando because its too early to tell. Is there a conspiracy nationwide to murder members of the gay community?

edit on 12-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
thats insane. im not too far away. i was going to cruise around on my bike, but think ill just stay in today. terrorists wins.

edit on 12-6-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Or, maybe this is just two different radical agendas. Maybe one that associates with Islam and one that associates with Christianity. A battle of religious extremists, who can prove their brand of 'we are the right religion' by the biggest body count.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Is there a conspiracy nationwide to murder members of the gay community?

no, theres no conspiracy. there are however a few bible verses and koran verses encouraging such. its no conspiracy, just brainwash by cults and cult leaders.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The timing of it all is what makes the obvious connections but there's no proof of anything right now, just speculation.

(post by Benagone removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Or, maybe this is just two different radical agendas. Maybe one that associates with Islam and one that associates with Christianity. A battle of religious extremists, who can prove their brand of 'we are the right religion' by the biggest body count.

Religion sucks.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Benagone

first off, NO

AND just because someone is gay does not mean they have HIV, and just because someone has HIV, does not mean they are gay.

it's blood borne not air borne.
edit on 6-12-2016 by Squirlli because: more clarification

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure someone planning to shoot up a gay pride parade isn't going to tell the cops he's in town for the gay pride parade.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

youd be wrong.

im all the way in OC, and there is movement in the air. literally.

FFS.. after i got the best sleep i had in months, i wake up to this nightmare. i should have slept in.
im so livid right now.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The man is described as white

You wish

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Now they're going to ban tannerite because of one jerk-off.
There goes the 4th of July party.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Or perhaps this guy was a gay rights activist about to go shoot up a church?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Huh? I wish?

It's reported in the article... nice attack though..

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

What is tannerite? Used in fireworks or something?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

You wish

Denial is not just a river....

The car had Indiana plates, and law enforcement sources said the man arrested was white.

if he was muslim it would be a foiled terror attack. but white is 'just a loner... who was confused or brainwashed'

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Indeed.

So far they reported "appears to be white". Truth is the police did not release any info on this so far at all. Not on his race or nationality. Also it is 'claimed' he had explosives , same situation with them reporting "appears to be white" it is all media double speak for 'we dont know but we would love for it to be true'. And then of course the simple fact that no one has any reason to assume that the guns he had in his car were there for a planned assault.

All in all so far i see a lot of wishful thinking on the media's part.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Maybe the guy was just going to target shoot

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

You wish

There is still hope for you Domo
maybe he's a non anglo saxon white guy.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You people know that Islam is a religion, and not a race, right? From the comments so far, it appears you all don't know that.

forbes.c om

In fact, according to the report, the majority of Muslim jihadists in America are white and born in the USA (21%)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join