It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders Campaign Prepares For Run As An Independent

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
As the DNC builds fences around the Philadelphia convention center to keep out Sen Sanders supporters protests, Sanders looks to an Independent run as a third party candidate. How will Hilley and the DNC handle this? With legal woes setting in and the Independent voters outraged by voter suppression can the Dems continue to thumb their noses at Sen Sanders and his supporters votes?

With #ExitPollGate and talk of lawsuits invoking the RICO act, things are getting interesting, and don't forget the FBI is just getting warmed up on their email questions. Go Hilley, Go away that is!!!

Sanders Campaign Prepares For Run As An Independent

A quiet burst of activity from the Sanders campaign seems to all but guarantee that Sanders will run as an independent this election cycle. All across the country Sanders’ core infrastructure of volunteers and paid staff are mobilizing to collect signatures and perform necessary paperwork to get him on the general election ballots in the states.

Officials highly placed within the Sanders campaign remain evasive and deny that the senator plans, at this time, to run as an independent. Bernie’s campaign manager, Jeff Weaver, has stated time and time again that they intend to go all the way to the convention and make the case that Sanders should be the Democratic nominee for the 2016 general election. But the Sanders campaign is actively engaging in activities, within the states, that have no other purpose besides putting Sanders in the position of being able to run as an independent candidate against Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

Many of Bernie supporters have been openly and vocally calling for the senator to run as an independent if he fails to secure the Democratic nomination. Citing unfair favouritism toward Clinton by the DNC under Debbie Wasserman Schultz, highly suspicious deviations between primary exit polling and election results, Sanders supporters have made the argument that the systematic corruption within the Democratic party will not allow progressive ideas and platforms to flourish if the party elite believe they can act with impunity and still count on the vote of progressives. It has been reported that Sanders is privately supportive of this type of analysis, and his coming independent candidacy will be engineered to force the party to the left, going forward, if they wish to compete against Republicans on a national level.

Sources within the Bernie campaign, speaking on conditions of anonymity, say that Bernie has indeed been seriously considering an independent run, and wishes to ensure the option is available to him by performing the necessary work now. If Bernie were to wait until after the convention to lay the legal foundation for an independent run it would be too late. It is this fact that explains the Sanders campaign’s actions toward inclusion on state ballots as an independent at this time.

source

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Ohhh I hope this is true! Obviously the Supers won't swing to Sanders, maybe not even if Clinton is indicted, and that's because they are all bought and paid corrupt politicians, just like Hillary. His case is strong but it will fall on deaf ears so I implore Sanders to run Independent but the only problem is, can he get on the ballots in all 50 states???

That itself would be the major road block, one the establishment will fully take advantage of. I'm already gonna vote 3rd party, again, if Sanders isn't on the ticket so I'd love to vote for him as an Independent!
edit on 11-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Without delegate representation in the electorate or states even allowing independent on the ballot itll split the poll in favor of Trump taking Clintons possible victory... seeing how he was on the DNC not a very loyal thing to the platform he was running on to split the poll like that, as theres likely not a pathway for any 3rd party to win in the current system the way it is set up.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

If he does it will make a lot of people happy including conservatives because they know it will cost Hillary a huge percentage of possible voters.

However, it's not a bad idea and one I was wondering if he might do from the start of this. What I'm wondering is if that is actually allowed??? Can you run on the Dem ticket and then switch to Independent later like this???

He should do it though. We might see our first non two party president elect.

Besides, what is there to lose??? Either way we get Crooked Hillary or Clown Meat Trump if nothing else so I say do it.

This election is all screwy anyway.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
As the DNC builds fences around the Philadelphia convention center to keep out Sen Sanders supporters protests

Ah man, this is priceless..

The liberals who say walls don't work are building walls to keep other liberals out, liberals that are extremely violent and aggressive, who they themselves fear, but don't forget this is Donald Trumps fault.

Sanders running as an independent sounds good to me.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

By the time the Philly convention is over, hilley will be history, even her correct the records trolls will be looking at the other candidates.

A lot will be happening between now and July 25th, none of it will be good for the HRC machine!

Looking for a suit next week to invoke the RICO act for HRC's gains from election fraud, this should be good! Grab your popcorn!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Any "progressive" that is advocating and cheering for a 3rd party Sanders run is a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Sanders already said he would never run 3rd party and he has already rejected Jill Stein's invitation.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Dunno about this source... the article cuts off mid sentence. Also I would think it would come from Bernie himself. I wish it were so.
edit on 6/11/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

If he does it will make a lot of people happy including conservatives because they know it will cost Hillary a huge percentage of possible voters.

However, it's not a bad idea and one I was wondering if he might do from the start of this. What I'm wondering is if that is actually allowed??? Can you run on the Dem ticket and then switch to Independent later like this???

He should do it though. We might see our first non two party president elect.

Besides, what is there to lose??? Either way we get Crooked Hillary or Clown Meat Trump if nothing else so I say do it.

This election is all screwy anyway.

Actually there's a lot to lose for a lot of people if tRump is allowed to win. Must be nice to be blinded by privilege

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Dunno about this source... the article cuts off mid sentence. Also I would think it would come from Bernie himself. I wish it were so.

So you are wishing for a Trump presidency?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

that 100% guarantees a victory for trump

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I'm not going to reward her or the DNC with my vote.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Blinded by privilege??? Is that in reference to me??? LOL

Do explain what privilege your talking about here.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's odd to me that someone so seemingly well intentioned could choose to bring such angst.

Oh well, if he wants to be Ralph Nader Junior, then so be it. Not a legacy to take much pride in imo.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
While all the other news outlets say he's laying off half his staff.
I seriously doubt this.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I'm not going to reward her or the DNC with my vote.

Donald Trump appreciates your vote

link   

No he has not rejected Jill Steins Green party offer, but Sen Sanders said he was concentrating on winning at the Dem convention.

The best part about Sen Sanders readying a third party run is, it gives him an enormous amount of leverage if the HRC machine needs to drop out of the running. There has been a lot of rumors that the DNC would play the old switcheroo and run Bidden for president, no going to work with Sanders set to go third party!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Having been slurred as a BernieBro and having the election rigged time and again for the corporate candidate, I could never vote for Hilley.

Now who brought on the angst?

Let me guess, it was just the republicans fault, no it's Sanders fault, no its Donalds fault, little hilley never does any wrong, just ask her.

Nice server you had there Hilley!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I'm not blaming anybody. But Bernie. He's a great guy I'm sure, but he would be staggeringly impotent as President. He won't just be a lame duck, he will go in as a paralyzed one.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Having been slurred as a BernieBro and having the election rigged time and again for the corporate candidate, I could never vote for Hilley.

Now who brought on the angst?

Let me guess, it was just the republicans fault, no it's Sanders fault, no its Donalds fault, little hilley never does any wrong, just ask her.

Nice server you had there Hilley!

You should go see a psychiatrist, your Hillary derangement syndrome is severe. What will you do when your Messiah endorses Clinton?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join