It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Millenials and Independents unify with Clinton?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
From what I've read the young people view Clinton as part of the corrupt establishment.

They think Donald is racist scum

So who gets the vote... Crooked or Crazy

Well, that was the point of this thread. Will they seek out third party candidates and snub their noses at the establishment?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: CynConcepts

Something tells me we're going to see some changes in his rhetoric at the next debate.

And if he doesn't change his approach? What then? I expected and hoped he would change to once he met the candidate quota. That is why I am looking around, now.

Edit add: I mean seriously, he is no longer needing to obtain marketing ploys since he is now funded and running on the RNC $!
edit on 6 11 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

But Sanders being set for a run as an independent, would scuttle the DNC's plan for replacing the HRC machine with Bidden! (:

It would also give Sanders more leverage at the DNC convention.

A win win scenario for Sanders!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

But Sanders being set for a run as an independent, would scuttle the DNC's plan for replacing the HRC machine with Bidden! (:

It would also give Sanders more leverage at the DNC convention.

A win win scenario for Sanders!

Politically, I think Bernie's only hope with gaining super delegates if Johnson will be in the upcoming Debates. Johnson won't take Bernie supporters only Trumps and Repubs. That would be the political win for him.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Anything is possible. It would be a mistake, however, to imagine them as a singular voting block who can be maneuvered to support one candidate. Some will likely go "Johnson," while others go green, vote Trump or even pick Hillary.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Anything is possible. It would be a mistake, however, to imagine them as a singular voting block who can be maneuvered to support one candidate. Some will likely go "Johnson," while others go green, vote Trump or even pick Hillary.

You do make a valid point. Admittedly, normally I like an easy two way vote. That hasn't happened in awhile. I would love to see the green party and Liberalist step up in this election. I think that would be the biggest and best change for American voters! Sure it can seemingly make more division between voters, but it will also give more voice to Americans in future elections.

edit on 6 11 2016 by CynConcepts because: Added word for clarity

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Sanders supporting Clinton would be a complete sellout of all he says and believes. He just doesn't strike me as that kind of man. Who knows?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I, and many in my area certainly will not bow to the mad queen.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeeReeS
I, and many in my area certainly will not bow to the mad queen.

I hope not!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
Don't rule out the millenials voting for Sanders in the 2016 presidential race!

Sanders Campaign Prepares For Run As An Independent

Support Sen Sanders!

And that will just take votes away from Hillary, and Trump will win without competition.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: onequestion

Something tells me we're going to see some changes in his rhetoric at the next debate.

And if he doesn't change his approach? What then? I expected and hoped he would change to once he met the candidate quota. That is why I am looking around, now.

Edit add: I mean seriously, he is no longer needing to obtain marketing ploys since he is now funded and running on the RNC $!

Why would he need to change his rhetoric and approach when he basically KO'd the Rep. competition from day one? He has recieved more votes in RNC history, why change anything? The media is the only thing holding him back, and no matter what he does they will continue their rhetoric for anyone but Trump to win. He's going to pound Hillary in debates, and she will just change the subject and point a finger at him, that is all she does. Any woman that votes for Hillary just because she is a woman is despicable as well, when Bill Clinton has bragged about sleeping with thousands of women, and I am damn sure he was married to Hillary while doing so. So what does that say about her? Weak and puts faith into something that has failed. That sounds like a great leader of a nation.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
No. I am still writing in senator Sanders name on my ballot if I have to. I know millions of others who are going to do the same. Hillary crooktin in my eyes is not even an option.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Nope. Voting for Johnson here.

Whats interesting is I found him to be way more liberal than expected when it comes to economic policy. In fact he pulls more from Clinton than Trump.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: Wildbob77
From what I've read the young people view Clinton as part of the corrupt establishment.

They think Donald is racist scum

So who gets the vote... Crooked or Crazy

Well, that was the point of this thread. Will they seek out third party candidates and snub their noses at the establishment?

For the most part IMO, yes.

End of Gen X / start of Gen Y(millennial here). As an Independent, it's third party or write in.

I don't know anyone in the Millennial Gen that supports Hillary, they are most all Independent and Libertarian leaning tired of the # going on.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Yes.

The Millenials are a generation that has been raised as followers. So if they are told to vote for Hillary, they will.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

< Millennial.
< Would not vote for HRC under any circumstances.
< All my American friends would not vote for HRC under any circumstances. (Millennial or otherwise.)

Even if millennials have been raised as "followers", that's your fault, I'm afraid. Well, not you specifically, but the parents of the millennials who raised them badly. Also, the idea of them as followers is a bit dissonant with the snowflake issue people love to whine about.

edit on 12/6/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I could be wrong, probably am wrong.

But right now?

I don't think I am.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join