It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Social Experiment restores my faith in America.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So yes another trump thread!

Now I will try to make this short and I know that I have no vote in the election however I would like to shear this social experiment with you guys that I recently saw.

One of the things I have noticed in this election is that in my view Trump is breeding hate in America, he is a very controversial character who has made some very controversial comments, particularly with regards to immigration.

I don't want to give a full explanation of these two videos because I honestly think that any explanation will take away the impact of the videos. So if you have a few moments i would encourage you to take the time to watch these videos. Its a bit of a social experiment on immigration that I found quite heart warming.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What does deporting illegal immigrants have to do with hate? All the violence and hate I'm seeing as an American Living in America, is coming from the left and from supporters of illegals.
edit on 11-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

move along. 5 seconds into 2nd video invokes hitler=trump.

little idealist videos of 20 somethings posting "social experiments" is nothing. How about we look at psychological, sociological, economical, historical data like grownups and have actual discussions.

The argument is we are all people. It is such short term thinking. Immigration does have consequences in the long term.
changes in culture which lead to different SES outcomes.
increased schooling cost because teach different language lower IQ students
civil society falls apart(neighbors stop trusting each other, everyone is afraid to offend each other)
western government falls apart as welfarism short term thinking takes over from classic liberal tendencies
increased policing cost
general in-group out-group preferences create natural segregation where the have not cultures and have cultures both look at each other with disdain.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

All the violence and hate I'm seeing as an American Living in America, is coming from the left and from supporters of illegals.

I find it very hard to believe that there is not hate and violence coming form the other side of the political spectrum and that those against "illegals" are also not stirring up a little hate.

Hate is a two way street, both sides of the political spectrum like to dish it out trying to pretend that your side is some how better than the other when it comes to this is frankly nieve.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The USA should just open their borders for everyone, just let everyone in
That would be so nice of you guys

And of course there would be no more problems with illegals everyone is a legal
edit on 11-6-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Sure what ever. Trump is not a liberal but he's the one wanting to deport people and ban religious groups. It's unAmerican. He's unfit to be president. I wouldn't elect him president of the dog park association. He'd deport all the Chihuahuas.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

What does deporting illegal immigrants have to do with hate? All the violence and hate I'm seeing as an American Living in America, is coming from the left and from supporters of illegals.

I see hate from both sides BuT......deporting illegals isnt one of them. The clue is in the name "illegal". They broke the law so should be chucked out.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I find this very interesting looking at a few comments already made on this thread and in other comments i see.

The issue is not so much immigration but rather the language that is used.

Is immigration a issue that needs to be addressed, yes!

Its a perfectly valid political debate that has to be had and there is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing reducing immigration.

What is a big issue however is how this debate is being had, Trump has made several very inflammatory comments towards immigrants that rather than engaging debate has turned it into a slagging match. Thats the big problem, its not that he is against immigration it is how he argues his point.

Its interesting how "anti-trump" seems to be synonymous with "pro-immigration"

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Of course everyone is a legal, don't make me cry snowflakes it's offensive to me. Illegals, druggies, smugglers and king pins are people too!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Love, love LOVE it! That first video had me speechless. I'm so glad there are so many openhearted Americans who can see the truth of the damage that Trump would do to this country. It gives me hope.

The fear, hatred and division in this country are RUINING us. To stoke that fire and feed off people's hatred and fear is despicable. Only the love, understanding and open arms that this country was built on can make America great again. Hatred, division and building walls will only insure our destruction.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Very nicely done!

Seeing people who have the vision to look past all the nonsense currently in vogue, and more importantly have the courage to poke at it does indeed help restore my own faith in America. Good job, folks.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Here's Clinton calling for pretty much the same stance on illegal immigration from Mexico as Trump.

So why is Trump the only one getting the hate for this?

Our country's economy can't sustain the current influx of illegal immigrants. There is a system in place for everyone to come in a neat orderly fashion.

Expecting law abiding tax paying Americans to support millions of extra people who have no respect or regard for our laws or culture is unreasonable. Which is why we see the support for Trump, while Hillary flip flops and panders to the loudest most destructive demographic.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

So why is Trump the only one getting the hate for this?

Like i said above i think its the language being used most agree that immigration needs to be reduced but calling for a blanket ban on Muslims, building a wall to keep out the "rapists" in Mexico and so on does not help the debate because when people see these inflammatory comments the put up their defensive walls. This is just human nature, trump using such confrontational language is only going to create confrontation people are going to push against his anti-immigration stance.

His attitude is preventing meaningful debate on the issue

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Not long ago i saw a documentary here in germany, about a smaller city in the USA, with a black mayor. This city was almost died-out, houses were decaying because they were abondoned. I am sorry that i can´t remember the name of this city/town, not even the state.

So the mayor decided to let refugees live in this city. With the time more and more people from around the world moved into this city, every kind of skincolor, religion, whatever. And what happened?

The city became a living city again, clean, the houses and properties that were decaying got prettied up, no garbage anymore on the streets. This mayor, the refugees and the old-established people created a big community. He made it possible that these refugees could buy this houses and properties for a favourable price, on credit. Every evening he is making his tour through the town, talking to the people, listening to their problems, but showing and telling them too, what they could make better. He is pushing them into work, if some of them are a bit lazy, but not on a negative way, he is helping.

And because he respects the people there, the people respect him, more than the police or any other politicians, for example. If he says something, than the people know that he is right, his word is almost law.
And the people there are thankful, helping each others, even if there are living 10 "christian" families from east europe next to 15 "muslim", maybe shiites families from iraq, sunnis from afghanistan, next to "hindus" or "buddhists" or whatever from asia, i am not well in that religious cult subject.

The mayor told about the problems too, problems people have like everywhere people gather. Nothing that can´t be solved, when people help each other, know each other, live in a working community. Like almost everywhere in the world, when normal people gather.

So there is a lot, it´the mayority of people that is normal, everywhere in the world. Why should it be different in the USA? I know some and met a lot of people from the US, some black musicians, Rappers, DJ´s, from NY, LA, know US citizens that live here since years, and all that are and were normal people. Like the people i know from africa, from asia, from almost everywhere on the world.

It´s mass media, governments, rulers that divide people, using racism, religious cults to create fear and hate. With the only goal that people never find to each other, and became aware of that they don´t need a government that suppresses them and steals their money in form of taxes.

So this social experiment in the US, which i saw first months before from france, i guess, with the same results, doesn´t surprise me. Normal people are normal people, doesn´t matter where they come from, how they look, what they speak, which skincolor they have, which cult they believe in(if!) and all that.

It´s the minority of the not normal people that cause the problems on earth, people controlled, steered by wrong prophets, by liars. Controlled for the only reason to divide the people, so that they can´t uprise against the real troublemakers on the earth, the greedy ones. But this not normal, remote controlled minority has somehow the louder voice, they are heard, the normal people somehow not that much.

Because the normal people are less aggressive, in many ways?

Sry for my english...
edit on 11 6 2016 by DerBeobachter because: BAD ENGLISH... xD

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There is a large difference between immigrants and illegal aliens.

Cracking down on illegal aliens is not a new concept. Trump did not invent it. It's been around for a long time. Obama has put effort into attempting to address the issue, along with many other congressmen and senators. It's not a left vs right thing. It's a national security issue, it's an economical issue, not an emotional issue.

Can we remember when Hillary v1.7 (or whichever Hillary this was, I can't keep up with all of her different personas) wanted to chip everyone coming across the border?

Of course, it's an emotional issue when a liberal needs to make a power grab. Then all of a sudden the republicans are racists and spreading hate.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Don't forget the:

Let's make more laws.

But

Laws mean more enforement. That means more police, but police are evil. crap, let's not think this through and call people whisks agree with us names

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Great thread, OSOTC!

a reply to: DerBeobachter

I do understand that people in other countries do not judge all Americans, just as there are people here who do not judge all fellow human beings in other countries. Please permit me, as a native speaker of American English, to say one small thing, that the word "normal" connotes a state of mental health when used in everyday conversation. I think you meant to use the word "average".

However, even in America some people will use the word "normal" in the sense of being healthy mentally. About 20 years ago, a powerful politician of the time, Newt Gingrich, said that "Democrats were the enemy of normal people everywhere", which I really think he did mean to say that Democrats were mentally ill. Afterall, I've found Democrats to just be average people.

You wrote, "It´s the minority of the not normal people that cause the problems on earth, people controlled, steered by wrong prophets, by liars. Controlled for the only reason to divide the people, so that they can´t uprise against the real troublemakers on the earth, the greedy ones."
There is a saying, "Divide and conquer".

edit on 11-6-2016 by desert because: spacing, move line

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Cool video, but Trump's problem is illegal immigrants. It's like if a candidate lamented drug dealers, and as a social experiment, someone made a video called "Meet a pharmacist".

It's false to equate legal and illegal immigrants. If anyone on any side blur that line, it's logically and ethically wrong.
edit on 11-6-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Cool video, but Trump's problem is illegal immigrants. It's like if a candidate lamented drug dealers, and as a social experiment, someone made a video called "Meet a pharmacist". It's false to equate legal and illegal immigrants.

To be fair he did say he wanted to ban all Muslims entering the United States so it's not really just illegal immigration he has targeted

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Cool video, but Trump's problem is illegal immigrants. It's like if a candidate lamented drug dealers, and as a social experiment, someone made a video called "Meet a pharmacist". It's false to equate legal and illegal immigrants.

To be fair he did say he wanted to ban all Muslims entering the United States so it's not really just illegal immigration he has targeted

Temporarily, and for the very reasons he stated, not because he hates them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join