It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA Wants Inside Your Medical Records to Fight the War on Drugs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
How ironic.I'm scheduled to see a neurosurgeon this week.Of course he's going to want to operate.I have 3 damaged vertebrae in my neck and 3 in my lower back.Needless to say I'm prescribed 2 pretty heavy painkillers that only dulls the pain.I was going to decline the operation but this DEA thing is simply ridiculous.Without the minor relief I get from prescriptions I'd be forced to undergo the operation.And I may add that the Dr's in this state are already paranoid about prescribing any pain meds at all.
edit on CDTSatpm6561 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTSatpm6561 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
One of the intentions of the 4th amendment is to prevent law enforcement from expending its limited resources in wide, sweeping dragnet fishing operations instead of concentrating investigating actual criminal activity.

When the drag net produces nothing yet crime continues to increase, since no one is making an effort based on evidence, ever increasing the size of the government law enforcement can be successfully argued until it becomes a massive standing army.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Sometimes

I suspect if put to a vote among the populace, the following entities would cease to exist:

- DEA
- CIA
- IRS (no way it'd survive)
- ATF

The only reason the VA would survive is because we have to treat veterans, whether you agree with the war they fought or not. We have a social contract with our veterans that has to be honored. But my God, talk about an entity worthy of dissolving.

Other entities, like the FCC and SEC, would need extensive restructuring of their organization as well as their charter.

Just too put into perspective how much these organizations cost taxpayers every year, here are the numbers I have found. CIA's budget is secretive, yet in one of Snowden's documents he realeased their annual budget, here are my findings in billions:

DEA 2.88
ATF 1.1
IRS 13
CIA 52.6

That is nearly 70 billion dollars right there per year going to nothing that helps people prosper.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join