It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pediatric nurse sues Winnebago Co Health Dept after losing job for her beliefs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
You fail to understand that the health department of the entire county were forcing this nurse, among others to perform abortions. She couldn't change jobs to another one in her county. She would have to move to another county, or another state...

Please at least read the first link for crying out loud if you want to participate.

I have read the first link and, unlike you, I have read other articles. Nurses are not forced to perform abortions, but to make referrals to abortion providers, in that one health service only, she could have looked for a job with another health clinic. LINK

There are lots of nursing vacancies in Winnebago county, google it and you'll see.

She is just playing the victim.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Should an ER Doctor be able to legally refuse to perform a life-saving operation on a gay person if said Doctor is against homosexuality?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Either way they're going to be burning in eternal hell fire so it doesn't matter.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

So the "abortion" here is less than 1st week?, a bunch of cells the size of a pinhead..hardly a human baby yet.
As for the OP.. she wasn't forced, in fact she was given options. I can't say I like the idea of abortion but I have no say..nor do I want to have any say over someone elses difficult choice.
edit on 11-6-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

So the "abortion" here is less than 1st week?, a bunch of cells the size of a pinhead..hardly a human baby yet

B-but, life begins at impure thoughts.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Once both clinics merged and the head of the hospital made the decision that it was her job, it was then her job.

She wasn't forced to do anything. She had 2 choices.
1, do her job and keep it.
2, refuse to do her job and lose it.

That happens in EVERY job, but you twisted it to fit your "euthanising babies" fallacy.
edit on 1162016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
the complaint can be found here:

issuu.com...

first she is a practicing catholic, so she wouldn't be suitable for any position where family planning is covered. she's objecting to more than just having to participate in abortions which no county health clinic does anyways, or referrals to outside clinics that do them, she is objecting to birth control, she is objecting to even given council that might help someone avoid pregnancy.
she has no place working in a clinic that has a major portion of it's services as being family planning... her religious views objects to the idea that anyone should be planning the size of their families! the only advice she can really give is probably just abstain from sex!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
No I'm sorry it's never been part of a job description of a nurse to be involved in abortion procedure and its also against the basic Hippocrates oath. There comes a time when just because something is mandated doesn't make it right or moral and this is it! This type of mandate is immoral, draconian, fascistic, and totalitarian and it's mostly democrat.
That was supposed to
Be a reply to someone specific but I'm too
Lazy to go back
edit on 11-6-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

It's still an abortifacient even though a surgical technique isn't used. As is also "the pill" at times which even pro choice people are aware of and admit.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: vonclod

So the "abortion" here is less than 1st week?, a bunch of cells the size of a pinhead..hardly a human baby yet

B-but, life begins at impure thoughts.
This has to be the most ridiculous post I've ever seen on the entire website.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: Liquesence

Either way they're going to be burning in eternal hell fire so it doesn't matter.

Fine. Then don't worry about it them and leave them alone and take care of yourself then. If they're a lost cause then why waste your time involving yourself in it.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

and yet....
it was the county health clinics that everyone was saying could replace the needs that planned parenthood now provides when discussing the idea of pulling federal funding for them right, most of which comes from medicaid reimbursements by the way!

and, I'd hate to say this but if the pill is acting as an abortifacient it is doing so in the rare case that the egg is fertilized by making the uterus less likely for it to implant on. so we aren't talking about a miniature version of a human here, we are talking about a single celled organism I do believe, before it implants.
but, thank you for admitting that the pro-life group isn't only against abortion, but also sees most of the modern methods of birth control as also being objectionable.

so here we are, wanting to throw all of planned parenthood's patients at the country health clinics, which, I imagine they would have to make some pretty drastic changes to accomodate them, maybe even having to reassign some of their nurses to the family planning portion of their services, or like this county join it to another portion of their service... and we are expected to accommodate (which this country appears to have done) those who have a religious objection....

I can't help it, it kind of sounds about as bad as a jahova witness surgeon refusing to do blood transfusions.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Maybe she and Kim Davis could become besties,
drink cosmos, watch fox news, then howl at the moon together.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
No I'm sorry it's never been part of a job description of a nurse to be involved in abortion procedure

In the UK, nurses who choose to work in abortion clinics are the ones who administer the drugs used for medical abortions, for the early stages of pregnancy. So you are wrong, they are part of the job description of nurses who decide to work in such clinics.

There comes a time when just because something is mandated doesn't make it right or moral and this is it! This type of mandate is immoral, draconian, fascistic, and totalitarian and it's mostly democrat.

You have no idea of what you are talking about. Nobody is forcing anything on others, if you want the job you take it and keep it, if it goes against your beliefs you look for another job.

edit on 11-6-2016 by Agartha because: Spelling...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Jesus, what a mess! I hope she wins and gets a job elsewhere because screw that place and screw the bill the governor is waiting to sign that would force them to do an abortion. What the hell kind of bill is that? Poor woman, worked in pediatrics her whole career and then it was suddenly merged with woman's health care. Then to top it all off, her boss told her to quit or be force to become a food inspector!

What in the hell is going on here?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

No one forced her to do anything. Her job description changed by the merging of departments. She still had a choice as I listed before.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

I have read the first link and, unlike you, I have read other articles. Nurses are not forced to perform abortions, but to make referrals to abortion providers, in that one health service only, she could have looked for a job with another health clinic. LINK

There are lots of nursing vacancies in Winnebago county, google it and you'll see.

She is just playing the victim.

You certainly didn't read what she says... And you just want to claim something different from what she says happened to her...

Just like you still fail to understand that it was the Winnebago County Health Department... It wasn't just a clinic... It was the county health department that was forcing her to do this... She would have to move to another county that is not forcing nurses, and doctors to perform abortions...

The suit seeks damages under the Illinois Health Care Right of Conscience Act which prohibits public officials from discriminating against a person in any manner because of their conscientious refusal to participate in any way in the provision of abortions.

The suit comes on the heels of the Illinois General Assemblys recent passage of a bill that seeks to weaken the laws protections. Senate Bill 1564, which was passed on May 31, 2016, would force medical professionals to promote and facilitate abortions despite their personal beliefs. Governor Bruce Rauner has yet to indicate whether he will veto the bill or sign it into law.

illinoisreview.typepad.com...

From the article you obviously didn't read...

There are already several counties trying to force doctors and nurses to perform abortions even if they disagree with them... I even gave you a link to a bill that republican senators are trying to pass that would allow doctors and nurses who disagree with abortion, and who are being forced to do them, to not be forced to do abortions...

edit on 11-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
She was a pediatric nurse! She probably studied hard for a good portion of her life so she can help people as a nurse, and to get a job as pediatric nurse means she wanted to help infants and children, not kill them!

That is like changing the job description for police officers who want to fight crime, and now they must cause crime, and if they don't want to, fire them. Or even a firefighter, changing their description to make them start fires instead of stop them, and getting fired for not wanting to start fires. Hey doctor, your job is to kill people now, not help them survive, don't wan't to do it? You're fired...

I know a few women who have had an abortion. All of them were mentally changed after everything was said and done. It's not easy for the mom, I bet its nearly the same for the person(s) performing the abortion if they have morals. Knowing that you killed something human, can't be easy.

I hope this lady wins in court. Her job description was changed drastically without her say, to do something drastic she wasn't originally hired to do. That is not legal.

edit on 11-6-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
You certainly didn't read what she says... And you just want to claim something different from what she says happened to her...

Ok, first, read the link I provided where it says it is about 'referring' to abortion providers, not performing. And Dawnstar also linked the actual complaint where you can see she is also objecting to birth control.

Second, it is obvious you are not a nurse because your ignorance in the matter is very clear: she can go and work in a hospital or other type of health clinics where she wouldn't have to do anything related to terminations. Is this so hard to understand? If you work in a paediatric ward/unit in a hospital I can assure you nurses are not involved in family planning/abortions.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

She lost her job because she didn't want to carry out certain responsibilities in her job description. No controversy there.

That's like a Jew or Muslim working on a farm. If you refuse to feed the pigs, then you are refusing to fulfill your duties in that position. So why put yourself in such a position.

The sad thing is the Bible teaches that soul-life begins out of the womb (in Hebrew mibbeten and Greek ek koilias), never at conception.

Christians don't even know their own Bible these days....really, not since Constantine.

^^^^ This. If you take a job that may want you to do things against your personal beliefs, either you do them, ot don't take the job. They have every right to fire any employee who refuses to carry out their work duties

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join