It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ending the "Snowflake" and Name Calling Paradigm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

But isn't asking to not use a certain word exactly what snowflakes do?

How are you being any different

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Then let him set an example henceforth.

(I doubt that will happen)
edit on 10-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: awareness10

I would show you a pic, but it's difficult to do so when you are using an I-pad.

ah yes so This is what they call 'jazz hands'.

Funny you know, this PC trend. To me, jazz hands look just like what a Criminal does before he's arrested.

JAZZ HANDS

This is Jazz Hands.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

hell i don't even know what jazz hands are lol. really im serious.

hahaha

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
Watching that made me feel slightly ill.

Did they steal 'Jazz Hands' from a Mime? or perhaps the 70's tv show Circus with Donnie and Marie Osmond?
edit on 6/10/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

With all due respect, my answer is no.

link   
Here's my take on this issue:

Mockery happens when all hope of intelligent conversation ends.

When people use derogatory terms to pigeon-hole those they disagree with, I'd say it's high time to walk away and leave them to their ignorance.

I wear my snowflake with pride and ADMIRE anyone who makes strides towards social justice, like MLK.

link   
If being referred to by the term snowflake offends you, melt in the sun. Seriously. LOL!

I shakey my heady.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From this moment forward, the following rules apply throughout all of ATS:

(1) Politically inspired name calling of an ideological group is not allowed: examples: "Loonie Libs," "Obamaites," "Repuglicans," etc.

(2) Alterations of a politicians name, or any other high-profile political figure, for disparaging political effect is not allowed, including within member avatars and signatures.

(2a) Avatars designed exclusively to denigrate a politician or political figure, using derogatory wording or photo-manipulation, is not allowed.

(3) Posts that continually parrot previously proven false political rhetoric without substantive contribution to the topic are not allowed.

(4) Posts that stray from the discussion of the issue/topic and focus on the political affiliation of members are not allowed.

(5) All other politically-charged trolling and sniping intended, in the opinion of our staff and topic participants, to derail discussion away form the issues are not allowed.

In the event we encounter the above infractions, you risk the removal of your entire post or thread without warning or recourse.

It's no secret that we aspire to a higher-level of discourse here on ATS. It's unfortunate that our hand is being forced by the tonality of political discussions... this is something I'd rather not do. However, it's something we must do so that the issues can once again be the focus of political debate.

Then we ended up with US political madness

Which drove me madd

link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Hey guys,

Let's end the use of the word Snowflake. It's getting over used consistently by everyone on both sides of each equation. Just because someone doesn't agree with you they are not dumb and they are not snowflakes.

So I'm officially asking the community to please stop calling everyone a snowflake or dumb because they do not agree with you.

No one is going to agree with you, if at all hardly ever.

Thanks

I agree. Let's make an effort as a community to no longer use propaganda terms that have been beat in to people's heads by political propaganda.

Those that tend to use it the most are brainwashed by propaganda.

link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I am applauding your post

I demand a stronger and louder applause than whatever that was. Let me guess, people are starting to clap like that?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I demand a stronger and louder applause than whatever that was. Let me guess, people are starting to clap like that?

Jazz hands!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't mind the name calling. Once you accept that you are a "people like you"

all other insults lose their meaning....you have been marginalized to cyber purgatory....enjoy it.
edit on 10-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

With all due respect, my answer is no.

Seconded. It's the perfect dual-use word to describe both the psychologically/emotionally fragile pearl-clutchers, and narcissistic authoritarians on here.

And I'm not giving it up if no one wants to give up "cupcake", too. But I'm not giving that one up, either. More of a zing when using cupcake in a mocking sense, sort of the harsher of the two

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Exactly

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm down with ending the use of the term.

I'm a special MOONBOW anyway. You know, its like a rainbow but caused by the moon's light.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: onequestion
Hey guys,

Let's end the use of the word Snowflake. It's getting over used consistently by everyone on both sides of each equation. Just because someone doesn't agree with you they are not dumb and they are not snowflakes.

So I'm officially asking the community to please stop calling everyone a snowflake or dumb because they do not agree with you.

No one is going to agree with you, if at all hardly ever.

Thanks

I agree. Let's make an effort as a community to no longer use propaganda terms that have been beat in to people's heads by political propaganda.

Those that tend to use it the most are brainwashed by propaganda.

No problem. Once we as a community come to agreement on what is propaganda, what has been beaten into our heads and who is brainwashed- present company excluded of course- I promise to make an effort to not offend anyone, ever.

Ever eh?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

That is another thing that bothers me.

ToS say no changing names of public figures, but we have drumpt, hitlery, obummer, and all kinds of crap.

It's childish and stupid.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I'm talking about reducing the conversation to specific level of maturity / intellectualism

It has nothing to do with using the word snowflake or calling someone stupid it has to do with explaining why someone is a snowflake or what about what they say that makes you think they are stupid

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Henceforth, "snowflake" will be referred to as "The 'S' Word," so that we know it's really un-PC and unwelcomed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join