It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxation is slavery

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'll be defending this argument:

Premise 1:All cases of slavery are cases of a person's time, body, money, or other resources, being allocated without that person's consent.
Premise 2: Taxation is an instance of a person's money being allocated without their consent.
Conclusion: Therefore, taxation is slavery.

Here's a very interesting link to read, also.
www.titanians.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This topic gets me especially riled up.

Our extremely short lives are being skimmed off of.

The money has value to me, once I earn it.

It is pretty gd arrogant to think you own 50% of someone's working life.

Especially when money is printed from paper, with no value backing it.

Politicians have raped this country dry, in all directions.

Until people speak up, we will continue to be milked and controlled.

It is probably time for an employee shutdown, until we get the gov we want.

We can't vote the US back to reality.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

My daughter is about to start her first summer job. She is excited to be able to earn her own money (I know astonishing in today's day and age). I sat down with her and showed her my pay stub to explain what she will be looking at.

She could not understand why I only actually got 70% of my actual pay. I then proceeded to explain to her that it was taken out in taxes, but that was not all of it. There are property taxes, sales taxes, licensing fees, registration fees, government mandated insurance (health/auto). Hidden fuel taxes. Taxes for cable/internet/phone. Taxes for cell phone plans. After it was all said and done, I actually pay in the ball park of 75% in taxes.

Sadly she is not happy with working anymore

edit on 10-6-2016 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2016 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I don't see how taxation is slavery. Slavery is being forced into servitude for no personal gain. If you pay tax, then you are gaining. The phrase is meaningless.

However, go and live in a country where tax is not really taken... Say the Central African Republic. You'll soon be wishing people would introduce taxes to build roads, education and law and order. You'll probable be wishing this as someone chases you down with a machete.

So, tax is necessary in a system where roads cost money to build.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
c'mon...taxes are not slavery....they are a way for non-wealthy people to benefit from shared costs.....such as roads, bridges, military armies, water mains, sewers, etc.....the wealthy overwhelmingly benefit from not having to pay taxes.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
slaves built many roads

Heck, the first lady just said she lives in a house that slaves built

Don't pay your taxes, and see what force is used against you

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

Actually, I agree to a certain extent.

Taxation is necessary for the public good (honestly you wouldn't want to live in a country without taxation), however, having said that, I do not think government is entitled to take my wages.

I think it is far far more reasonable for my government to tax the things I buy to live.

You see, when government has his hand directly in your pocket, there is no upper limit and no incentive to provide for the public good at a reasonable price. Further, every person who engages in the underground economy, escapes paying their fair share.

It is slavery!

Now if you were to take me on the things I buy - no one escape paying their fair share and the government is limited to taxing those things I buy but not my savings and retirement plan.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Funny that you mention roads, as I live in Rhode Island. We have somewhere around 750 bridges that have failed inspections. This is due to the fact that maintenance/upkeep has not been performed. Now they want to introduce truck tolls. To pay for repairing infrastructure. Because "The ones causing the damage should pay for it." Where they fail to realize the logic in this is that yes the trucks will pay the tolls, but shipping costs will go up, directly increases the costs of goods to the consumer (me).

Five years down they road they will decide they will need more money, then decide to directly toll me. So I get to pay the toll twice! Sounds fair.

Oh I also wonder what they did with the billions and billions of tax payer dollars they have received over the years thru various bonds that were overwhelmingly passed by the voter base in this ignorant state? Crickets.

They money was already taken for this yet they need more more more more!

It never ends. It will never end.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

I didn't realize it was that high.

It seems to be weaponized as a barrier to sucess.

Keep normal people and small businesses down.

If they can keep cost of living higher than avg income, then everyone will need them.

Fn disgusting system we have here in this free country.

What really bothers me now neither of the candidates are speaking about abolishing the irs.

Gov services need to be taxed from sales tax or printed and distributed directly. Money is just paper now.

The fake reserve circle-jerk needs to end.

Politicians have molested and manipulated the law to benefit and grow the government, at the expense of it's citizens.

If taxes came from sales tax only, the gov would benefit only in a good economy. This would give them incentive to grow the econ, not legally pump and dumping the econ.

With everything going on in politics, it would probably take a whole new gov, to make America GREAT again.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I don't see how taxation is slavery. Slavery is being forced into servitude for no personal gain. If you pay tax, then you are gaining. The phrase is meaningless.

However, go and live in a country where tax is not really taken... Say the Central African Republic. You'll soon be wishing people would introduce taxes to build roads, education and law and order. You'll probable be wishing this as someone chases you down with a machete.

So, tax is necessary in a system where roads cost money to build.
Your definition of "slavery" is, "All cases of being forced into servitude for no persenal gain?" That's silly. So if I kidnap you and make you work in a coal mine for thirty bucks an hour, at gunpoint, you aren't a slave? Of course you are. Moreover, "if you pay tax, then you gain" is a non sequitur as one doesn't always gain from paying taxes.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
c'mon...taxes are not slavery....they are a way for non-wealthy people to benefit from shared costs.....such as roads, bridges, military armies, water mains, sewers, etc.....the wealthy overwhelmingly benefit from not having to pay taxes.

This is not an argument.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
No way, taxation is a way for you to support the govt that takes care of you . think about it manginolini

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

What do you think would happen, if you printed the fake money, and payed directly to the workers of said infrastructures?

Everyone keeps their income, and services are paid for by printing.

I am not an economist, but I wouldn't think the universe would split, if we tried.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I'm wondering what kind of country the OP expects to live in that doesn't police it's streets, create roads, utilities, and infrastructure, protect our borders, and run simple, basic needed services.

Hell, I'm a libertarian who believes in as little government as possible with next to no interference in our public lives, and even i think this is preposterous and unrealistic.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

I'm wondering what kind of country the OP expects to live in that doesn't police it's streets, create roads, utilities, and infrastructure, protect our borders, and run simple, basic needed services.

Hell, I'm a libertarian who believes in as little government as possible with next to no interference in our public lives, and even i think this is preposterous and unrealistic.
That is a strawman. I am not arguing that we couldn't have those things. The burden of proof is on you. You have to prove that it's logically impossible that we couldn't have a civilization without taxes. It's your claim, not mine.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Hardly. You are a slave as per your OP.

It's on YOU to provide a single example of a country anywhere on earth, past or present that has been successful (and furthermore not a living hell on earth), with zero taxation.

You can't do it, therfore you cannot back up your own OP.
edit on 10-6-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

What do you think would happen, if you printed the fake money, and payed directly to the workers of said infrastructures?

Everyone keeps their income, and services are paid for by printing.

I am not an economist, but I wouldn't think the universe would split, if we tried.

The government uses fiat currency. Our money is no longer backed by precious metals, it's backed by guns. Do people honestly still believe that we have the largest standing military in the world to fight foreign enemies? Nuclear bombs ended those days. Governments today point their massive superfluous armies outwards, but believe me, they are actually pointed inwards.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

Hardly. You ate a slave, as per your OP.

It's on YOU to provide a single example of a country anywhere on earth, past or present that has been successful (and furthermore not a living hell on earth), with zero taxation.

You can't do it, therfore you cannot back up your own OP.
You made the claim that a civilization cannot exist without taxes. The burden of proof, factually speaking, lies with you. You must prove that it's logically impossible, or else you have no ground to stand on as you make your claim.
edit on 10-6-2016 by Aristotelian1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Correct, as is the Rothschild debt based monetary system.

Debt + taxes = slavery.

The IRS was created in tandem with the Federal Reserve.

In Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Co., income taxes were ruled unconstitutional.

So the banksters circumvented this ruling by passing a "law" ie the Sixteenth Amendment.

They knew that people would never allow their incomes to be taxed on a local level so they did it via the federal government.

The Federal Reserve gave control of our money to the Rothschilds. Debt was to be repaid via income taxes (ie slavery) and the IRS was to be the Fed's enforcement division.

edit on 10-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
I'll be defending this argument:

Premise 1:All cases of slavery are cases of a person's time, body, money, or other resources, being allocated without that person's consent.
False.

Premise 2: Taxation is an instance of a person's money being allocated without their consent.
False.

Conclusion: Therefore, taxation is slavery.
False

Here's a very interesting link to read, also.
www.titanians.org...
Already have. The guys a nut.
edit on 1062016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join