It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emails in Clinton probe dealt with planned drone strikes - sent unsecured

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Some emails between the State Department and diplomats in Pakistan have been discovered to have been sent through unsecured channels.

And naturally, a few were "forwarded" to Hillary Clinton via her unsecured private email system.

More evidence that she was wide open with top secret info.

The topics were about CIA drone strikes.

These emails are not being released to the public, which means they were in fact "classified" at the time sent !!!!

The SD under Hillary must have really been a schlock operation.

Emails in Clinton probe dealt with planned drone strikes

Emails between U.S. diplomats in Islamabad and State Department officials in Washington about whether to challenge specific U.S. drone strikes in Pakistan are at the center of a criminal probe involving Hillary Clinton's handling of classified information, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.

The 2011 and 2012 emails were sent via the "low side" -government slang for a computer system for unclassified matters - as part of a secret arrangement that gave the State Department more of a voice in whether a CIA drone strike went ahead, according to congressional and law enforcement officials briefed on the FBI probe, the Journal said.

Some of the emails were then forwarded by Clinton's aides to her personal email account, which routed them to a server she kept at her home in suburban New York when she was secretary of state, the officials said, according to the newspaper.

Top Secret

edit on Jun-10-2016 by xuenchen because: classified by: Secretary of State

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You excerpted nearly the entire article (though not inside of tags, you're slipping my friend!) but you left out this part:

The emails, which did not mention the "CIA," "drones" or details about the militant targets, were written within the often-narrow time frame in which State Department officials had to decide whether or not to object to drone strikes before the CIA pulled the trigger, the officials said, according to the Journal.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

But what about the classified material not being made public?????

I suppose that means nothing eh.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

You excerpted nearly the entire article (though not inside of tags, you're slipping my friend!) but you left out this part:

The emails, which did not mention the "CIA," "drones" or details about the militant targets, were written within the often-narrow time frame in which State Department officials had to decide whether or not to object to drone strikes before the CIA pulled the trigger, the officials said, according to the Journal.

To be fair and in context;

Law enforcement and intelligence officials said State Department deliberations about the covert CIA drone program should have been conducted over a more secure government computer system designed to handle classified information, the Journal reported.

Yes, it should have been conducted across secure channels. I have to wonder if Clinton was paid by other governments to leave all these doors open for espionage purposes.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
When I have time I will look up the source, but I recall an article relating that a high level Military officer was puzzled by the constant failures of their drone attacks on terrorist targets.

It seemed every time they had sure information, by the time the would strike, the target would have moved, often within hours before the strike. There was distress among the ranks as they tried to determine the source of what seemed like an obvious leak.

So there came a point when this officer had a bit of a row with Clinton and her aides, when he noticed that they were using non-secure phones to communicate with the State Department while in hostile territory. Suspecting security breeches, the military stopped informing the State Department in advance of drone strikes. After that, the drone strikes and other missions suddenly were regularly successful.

ETA: One Source
edit on 6/10/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hmmm very interesting. This comes right as The Benghazi Probe
has interviewed the Drone operator on the night of the 9/11 terror attack.
And now they have just subpoenaed a top Pentagon official.

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
I have to wonder if Clinton was paid by other governments to leave all these doors open for espionage purposes.

We certainly know she has been paid, through the Clinton's private
slush fund aka The Foundation.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
When I have time I will look up the source, but I recall an article relating that a high level Military officer was puzzled by the constant failures of their drone attacks on terrorist targets.

It seemed every time they had sure information, by the time the would strike, the target would have moved, often within hours before the strike. There was distress among the ranks as they tried to determine the source of what seemed like an obvious leak.

So there came a point when this officer had a bit of a row with Clinton and her aides, when he noticed that they were using non-secure phones to communicate with the State Department while in hostile territory. Suspecting security breeches, the military stopped informing the State Department in advance of drone strikes. After that, the drone strikes and other missions suddenly were regularly successful.

ETA: One Source

Bingo !!!

I think just about everything sent back and forth by the Hillary SD was intercepted at will.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Not to mention low side for, per the article, unclassified matters that was then forwarded to Clinton. Oh horrors. Forwarded unclassified per this article. Ok where's the big deal again?. Trump must be paying the papers big time to flood the news with this crap. People who don't read the whole thing will of course be misguided.

Oh AIG report says she broke the rules not she broke the laws.
I keep hearing trump talk and I swear he has an account here. Or his campaign does. They also have one at the national Enquirer... a fella has to stay informed after all.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There are so many crimes involved with the HRC emails, it;s like the FBI is shooting fish in a barrel!

S&F

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Guess we just have to imagine it since we can't, you know, see it.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Yeah that's it. Rolls eyes.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Guess we just have to imagine it since we can't, you know, see it.

LOL

Yes it's all classified for national security reasons isn't it.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
There are so many crimes involved with the HRC emails, it;s like the FBI is shooting fish in a barrel!

S&F

no there isn't....something has to be against the law to be a crime.....but, in the republican fantasy bubble, everything "Clinton" is a crime....for all you newbies out there in ATS land, it's been the right's mantra for 25 years

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

These emails contained Top Secret classified info. They were unmarked at the time sent, but they were and still are deemed to contain Top Secret info. We get it, you are pretty good at selective reading / hearing.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

the FBI has spent a year investigating her emails, just to prove she did not commit a crime.

More likely she has committed so many crimes the FBI does not know where to go with their charges.

I heard they chose to release the drone leaks, as it is easier crime for the general public to understand than our security laws.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Realizing this women will be the next President and in charge of our nations security, just boggles my mind.

The Oligarchy will never let Trump have it.

Im scared.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You seem to be in rabid denial concerning all allegedly illegal wrongdoing involving Clinton. Do you have a vested interest in this election? I did notice you are quite new here and state your location as Virginia. Would that be Langley Virginia?

Smaller politicians and government employees have done a lot less than Hillary and have been charged with treason or worse. To expose lives and millions of dollars in operations to enemies through either paid or wilful negligence is heinous in itself. Regardless of the reasons for her actions, Clinton is not fit to be elected dog catcher.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I just saw this www.allenbwest.com... she is a criminal. I think the people see through her, but it wont matter cause our vote doesnt matter.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Boom

www.foxnews.com...

One of the emails was MARKED classified!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Boom

www.foxnews.com...

One of the emails was MARKED classified!!!

DahHaHaHa

Another big lie exposed !!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join