It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News poll: Johnson steamrolling ahead, now at 12% nationally.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Fox News Poll: Trump drops, now trails Clinton.

The poll shows there’s potential support for an independent candidate.

In the Clinton-Trump matchup, seven percent of voters volunteer the response “someone else.”

In addition, in a three-way contest that includes Libertarian Gary Johnson, he receives 12 percent, yet Clinton still tops Trump by 39-36 percent.

This is VERY exciting for those of us who have no desire to vote for any of the current "choices" Trump/Hillary/Sanders.

And apparently, we're not alone, Trump and Clinton are the most despised candidates in history.

If Johnson simply plays the part correctly, he might be able to do the impossible.

Better bring in Dr. (Ron or Rand) Paul as an adviser.

edit on 10-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
As exciting as this may seem, the Libertarian Party is only on the ballot in 33 states (i.e., they don't stand a snowball's chance with the electoral college).

Here is a link that shows every political party that is on the ballot in at least one state: ballotpedia.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm starting to lean more towards Johnson.

If Trump would shutup for 2 minutes I could keep standing behind him but he keeps attacking that Mexican Judge and he's not selling himself properly.

What's he need to get into the debates 15%?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

What is most interesting to me besides the 12% support for GJ is that the differential between Trump and Clinton remains 3% whether you include GJ or not. This seems to indicate that the Libertarian presence is drawing equally away from each of the two main candidates.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

Or that it's total BS to keep people donating to one of the parties.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

This is true, but most states have ballot access deadlines in August for the November election. There is still time for the Libertarian Party to get onto most, if not all, 50 states.

Libertarian Ballot Fund Drive

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Let's not kid ourselves. With the current state of the election system in the US, Garry Johnson, nor any other potential independent candidate stand no real chance at winning.

It's real democracy when you can only choose from two major parties...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I'm starting to lean more towards Johnson.

Me too. Jill Stein was embarrassing when I read up on her and made an ass out of herself in her AMA on Reddit.

Hate Hillary. Don't really trust Trump, Sanders is an ENORMOUS pussy and not fit to lead a class of kindergarteners.

Pretty sure Clinton is going to be the president and it irks me. I'm hoping the Trump and Sanders support sent a message but I really doubt it did.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Sorry, but I don't think I could ever support Johnson.
In the interview where he admitted to being a regular pot user, he came off sounding like a total stoner.
Now, I have known many nice and intelligent stoners in my time, but I just can't at this time say that it is a characteristic that should be encouraged in the president of our country.
edit on 6/10/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

If he reached 15% he should be allowed to participate in the general election debates BUT will the establishment allow it? Probably not, don't be surprised if they suddenly change the rules to keep him out.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Winning isnt part of the equation for third parties.. they are out to get enough votes that they have to be in the mix (federal dollars debates etc) for the next 4 years.

Thats the great lie everyone is told... heck if enough people just unregistered from the republicans and democrats those parties by the very laws they passed to prevent third parties would be on the outside looking in.

Voting Libertarian, or Veterans, green, or peace party is about helping another voice get somewhat on even ground with the 2 parties that have screwed up our country.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I agree. I will vote for Johnson, but I do not expect him to win.

What I would like to see is a strong enough showing that the Libertarian Party can force their way into debates, get more exposure and attention and possibly mount an even more successful campaign in 2020.

However, if people plug their noses and vote Trump or Clinton because they are afraid of throwing away their vote on a candidate that doesn't win, no progress will ever happen.

Voting for a candidate you don't believe in is the only way to truly throw away your vote.

I cannot in good conscious vote for Trump or Clinton unless one of them shows me something way different than what I've seen to date.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The trick is you have to fight hard without a seat at the table, to get into the debates in 4 years time.

Think of it as laying a foundation for the future...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I'm pretty sure George Washington was a pot head.

They grew and used hemp.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

YES!!!

Exactly!!! I wish I could give you more than one star!

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

He probably was, but he had no telephone, so he did not have to worry about the proverbial 3am phone call.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Problem is every 4 years there's this "revolution" and people get pumped to oust the crap politicians and then forget about it within a year.

Then the process starts over with too little time to get a no name on the map.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

Ahhhhhh I get it.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

If he reached 15% he should be allowed to participate in the general election debates BUT will the establishment allow it? Probably not, don't be surprised if they suddenly change the rules to keep him out.

Can those of us who even knew about Nader in 2000 forget how he was treated? That big debate between Gore and Bush when Nader was not even allowed into one of the satellite viewing auditoriums? When he was taken by security out of the building, put on a bus and driven away from the place even though he as the Green Party candidate was polling well enough to suggest the Green as a viable third party?

At the time I could understand Bush and the gang not wanting him there, but Gore, Mr. Liberal Gore? Mr. Wait Wait, ah recount, oh never mind, I lose, it's over. Mr. Milquetoast who turned our country over to the Neo-Cons. That Gore.

You are right. If need be they will change the rules if necessary. Missus Clinton, Missus Liberal Clinton will work arm and arm with her despised opponent to see that a third candidate does not get in a word. She is not liberal.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I just took the survey at isidewith.com and I am a Gary Supporter at 81%. I have never heard of the guy. But I am listening to Gary and Joe Rogan do a 2 1/2 hour interview on you tube. So far seems solid, but remember we are all human and I can assure you he is too.
He smokes pot, If we base our decision on pot or drinking to escape the pressure of being the face of the USA, I would like to give the guy who smokes a chance. The past presidents who use alcohol, have done a pretty poor job and I really don't see much of a difference to either vice in responsible hands.

I tend NOT to throw the baby out with the bath water.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join