It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter To Donald Trump From A Wounded Marine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Gryphon66

You can't have one without the other sorry they are running against each other and if your creating threads about one or the other expect this to be how the conversation evolves.

You expect me to believe their investigations like I'm suppose to believe the Warren Commission or the 911 commissions or the other plethora of commissions and investigations that turn up nothing?

Yeah I'll take his word for it.

1. With all due respect, this thread is not about Hillary Clinton, no matter how much you may want it to be.

2. If you have reviewed the results of all nine Congressional investigations and found them lacking, you're welcome to your opinion. To dismiss them because they don't fit your politics ... and pointedly, that 9 investigations with millions of dollars spent by bloodthirsty Republicans trying to do anything to discredit Clinton have shown NO WRONG DOING ... then that should tell you something unless you're only interested in denying the facts.
edit on 10-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Pyrrho

The writer of that letter got many, many things wrong. Lots of misconceptions. I guess I couldn't expect much from someone that would post their opinion to HuffPo, but at least it was easy to read.

Anything specific that you can list about the "many things" a member of the American Armed Services "got wrong" ... or is this just an attempt at a drive-by, low-information swipe at a veteran's heart-felt opinion?

Ah, you think you can guilt trip me into changing my opinion into something you agree with? Are you really that partisan that you forget that Veterans are human beings too? They can be wrong just as anyone else can be wrong.

Why on earth would you think I care about or am trying to change your opinion? This thread is about a letter written by a well-recognized American Veteran who has made clear and truthful comments about Donald J. Trump.

If you can't actually discuss those claims, why are you here? And please, don't throw the partisan brick ... it'll bounce right back at you.

In what way is this American hero's opinions wrong in your mind? That's what we're discussing here.

You are ignoring the fact there were no facts, only oppinion, you can't debunk oppinion, it is oppinion.

So plz give me facts which the op is devoid of and I will debunk them.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

well-recognized

What's that mean?

And when a Navy SEAL task force commander tells me that there was a total failure in leadership and that's why our ambassador got brutally tortured to death and 2 former SEAL operatives died I'll take his word for it.

Read the short bio provided in the OP and I think you will answer your own question.

Yes, the Navy SEAL you're talking to on Twitter ... versus 9 Congressional investigations, Generals, Admirals, Members of the Special Forces, etc. who have stated time and time and time again that there was no way to create a different outcome at Benghazi.

But, sure, I'd be glad to talk about your findings on Twitter ... in an appropriate thread. This discussion is not about Benghazi or Hillary Clinton. It's about an American Vet's take on Donald J. Trump.

Why because what we are saying isn't conductive to this propaganda?

Demonstrate that something he said is false then.

If not the only thing false here is your desperate attempt to discredit a fellow Service Member.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Bully.

Oh of course..

Keep pushing your agenda.

What agenda?

"Bully" was a favorite saying of Theodore Roosevelt. "Bully for you!" One might understand that in context if you weren't so busy, er, ah, with your own agenda.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Sargeras

... lefty this ... lefty that ... and you have the audacity to accuse me of being "partisan"?

LOL.

Donald J. Trump has proven himself to be a dishonest, bloviating, irrational, totally-out-of-his-league braggart.

Fine. So you're registered your contempt for a fellow vet.

I guess that freedom of speech you both fought for is still in place.

Bully.

No one is trying to tell you what you can say, maybe drop the snowflake-victim complex for once?

What you're going about is not on topic here. I'd like to discuss the topic, and I'd be glad if you'd join me.

The "silent majority of 30% or so that agree with him? LOL. I'd say your math is considerably off there.

True or false you the op and the source are all lefties?

Then you want us to play your game by your rules...

Lol, no I don't think so, I will play by whatever rules I want.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

" but demonstrate what little regard you have for veterans and the national security issues which affect all of us.

Was that meant for Clinton? Seriously, that quote sums up Hillary Clinton to a tee.

She might sleep through WW3 who knows.

We'll have the first president with Alzheimers.

Um, remember Ronnie?

While he wasn't diagnosed until after he left office, there is evidence there was already an onset.

Abstract

Changes in some lexical features of language have been associated with the onset and progression of Alzheimer's disease. Here we describe a method to extract key features from discourse transcripts, which we evaluated on non-scripted news conferences from President Ronald Reagan, who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 1994, and President George Herbert Walker Bush, who has no known diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease. Key word counts previously associated with cognitive decline in Alzheimer's disease were extracted and regression analyses were conducted. President Reagan showed a significant reduction in the number of unique words over time and a significant increase in conversational fillers and non-specific nouns over time. There was no significant trend in these features for President Bush.

Nlm.nih.gov

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The writer of that letter got many, many things wrong. Lots of misconceptions. I guess I couldn't expect much from someone that would post their opinion to HuffPo, but at least it was easy to read.

Anything specific that you can list about the "many things" a member of the American Armed Services "got wrong" ... or is this just an attempt at a drive-by, low-information swipe at a veteran's heart-felt opinion?

Ah, you think you can guilt trip me into changing my opinion into something you agree with? Are you really that partisan that you forget that Veterans are human beings too? They can be wrong just as anyone else can be wrong.

Why on earth would you think I care about or am trying to change your opinion? This thread is about a letter written by a well-recognized American Veteran who has made clear and truthful comments about Donald J. Trump.

If you can't actually discuss those claims, why are you here? And please, don't throw the partisan brick ... it'll bounce right back at you.

In what way is this American hero's opinions wrong in your mind? That's what we're discussing here.

You are ignoring the fact there were no facts, only oppinion, you can't debunk oppinion, it is oppinion.

So plz give me facts which the op is devoid of and I will debunk them.

Okay, let's think about this.

You're saying that you can't debunk, dismiss or disprove opinions ... yet, that's all you're doing here?

We'll start there.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You tried to make this a one-sided partisan issue.

You failed because you're so eager to defend the other side, rather than address anything meaningful?

By your own accusations, your argument is irrelevant.

Next?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

>a member of the American Armed Services "got wrong"

>a veteran's heart-felt opinion

>this American hero's opinions wrong

>a well-recognized American Veteran

You say you're not attempting to use this language to appeal to an emotional response?

Maybe you should try to exercise some neutrality if you want serious discussion, rather than attempting to manipulate opinions with the use of exclusionary language

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

well-recognized

What's that mean?

And when a Navy SEAL task force commander tells me that there was a total failure in leadership and that's why our ambassador got brutally tortured to death and 2 former SEAL operatives died I'll take his word for it.

Read the short bio provided in the OP and I think you will answer your own question.

Yes, the Navy SEAL you're talking to on Twitter ... versus 9 Congressional investigations, Generals, Admirals, Members of the Special Forces, etc. who have stated time and time and time again that there was no way to create a different outcome at Benghazi.

But, sure, I'd be glad to talk about your findings on Twitter ... in an appropriate thread. This discussion is not about Benghazi or Hillary Clinton. It's about an American Vet's take on Donald J. Trump.

Why because what we are saying isn't conductive to this propaganda?

Demonstrate that something he said is false then.

If not the only thing false here is your desperate attempt to discredit a fellow Service Member.

Make sure you keep saying hero and service member in every post, this is identity politics.

His service was no more important than mine, in fact what does that even matter?

I disagree with his oppinion, what could be confusing you about that?

My oppinion and his are different, so what?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You tried to make this a one-sided partisan issue.

You failed because you're so eager to defend the other side, rather than address anything meaningful?

By your own accusations, your argument is irrelevant.

Next?

It is a one sided partisan issue, this is nothing but Lefty propaganda.

See I'm not a righty, the only partisan side here is the Left. I am not partisan in politics, both sides are retarded in their own unique ways.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Your endorsing Hillary by being against Trump..

Don't say your not either because that's who's running against him.

That's some seriously stupid logic.

Just because I'm against an authoritarian wannabe that mocks the physical disabilities of others that also happens to be a reality television star (how'd Reagen work out?) means I somehow am endorsing a career criminal who spews poisonous honey with every tongue that gives the Wicked Witch of the West a run for her money?

And "don't say your not either," so now you're going to start telling other individuals what they can/cannot say?

Wow, what a mess. I cannot help but laugh at the stupidity of your comparison.

Some of us (such myself) don't play the role of being a fangirl to relentlessly defend "my side," at every cost - and instead see the absolute disconnect between the life of an average working American and the malicious sociopaths who steer ALL major moves of political influence in this nation.

And some of us don't buy into the "but this time, it'll be different!," rhetoric regardless of the baseless insults and downright hilarious gestures espoused by both sides of the aisle.

For how much Republicans rail about how the government is/has been contemplating and initiating gun control measures (which btw I do absolutely agree with, but it will not be a "gun grab," it will be a slow and insidious process that slowly indoctrinates an entire nation into willfully surrending them - "we the people," VASTLY outnumber the government), they sure do love supporting that same federal government and constantly throwing their votes and money at.

I just don't understand it and this is not an attempt at any sort of partisan bickering it is an honest observation that I have yet to have addressed by anyone. If the federal government is, in fact, attempting gun control in ANY sort of fashion - why in the # are you still supporting said federal government?

Are we truly that naive to believe that "this time, it'll be different!," when time has proven that both Republicans and Democrats alike don't have the best interest of US ordinary citizens in mind - and this is indicative of a larger crisis, governments across the GLOBE do not represent the will of their people.

The partisan debate and the constant "Republican this," "Democrat this," has gotten so #ing annoying. I've read the word snowflake over, and over, and over, and over - and honestly those who whine and bitch about special little snowflakes have become the 2nd generation special little snowflakes that can't just say "I'm going to move on with my life," and be done with things they don't agree with.

There are bigger fish to fry so to speak and the main table conversation are talks about bathrooms and the same # we heard back in '08 and again in '12.

We as Americans have such short memories, this has all happened before, and it's going to happen again, and again, and again, and again, and....

Four years ago Democrats and Republicans whined and bitched about problems D's and R's created and D's and R's promised to fix.

Four years before that, Democrats and Republicand whined and bitched about problems D's and R's created and D's and R's promised to fix.

Four years before that, Democrats and Republicand whined and bitched about problems D's and R's created and D's and R's promised to fix.

Four years before that,....

And so the cycle continues.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I guess this vet forgot that it was Donald Trump who saved the Veterans Day parade in NY? Or that he helped out that poor Marine who was stuck in Mexico when he returned with cash and no fanfare. A class act. No mention of that or how he wants to reform the VA.

To say that Donald Trump does not care about the military is a complete bunch of horsespit.

Did the vet address military issues or is he just a puppet? I say a puppet. He takes the same lame old talking points and since it comes from a disabled Vet it should mean more? HOW many times are you non-Trump supporters, or should I say haters, going to find something new?

Talking about how bad Trump is is closing in on the 9/11 forum. The SAME things regurgitated over and over and over and we all know the truth but it keeps us engaged in conversation.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

That's some seriously stupid logic.

Just because I'm against an authoritarian wannabe that mocks the physical disabilities of others that also happens to be a reality television star (how'd Reagen work out?) means I somehow am endorsing a career criminal who spews poisonous honey with every tongue that gives the Wicked Witch of the West a run for her money?

And "don't say your not either," so now you're going to start telling other individuals what they can/cannot say?

Wow, what a mess. I cannot help but laugh at the stupidity of your comparison.

Some of us (such myself) don't play the role of being a fangirl to relentlessly defend "my side," at every cost - and instead see the absolute disconnect between the life of an average working American and the malicious sociopaths who steer ALL major moves of political influence in this nation.

And some of us don't buy into the "but this time, it'll be different!," rhetoric regardless of the baseless insults and downright hilarious gestures espoused by both sides of the aisle.

For how much Republicans rail about how the government is/has been contemplating and initiating gun control measures (which btw I do absolutely agree with, but it will not be a "gun grab," it will be a slow and insidious process that slowly indoctrinates an entire nation into willfully surrending them - "we the people," VASTLY outnumber the government), they sure do love supporting that same federal government and constantly throwing their votes and money at.

I just don't understand it and this is not an attempt at any sort of partisan bickering it is an honest observation that I have yet to have addressed by anyone. If the federal government is, in fact, attempting gun control in ANY sort of fashion - why in the # are you still supporting said federal government?

Are we truly that naive to believe that "this time, it'll be different!," when time has proven that both Republicans and Democrats alike don't have the best interest of US ordinary citizens in mind - and this is indicative of a larger crisis, governments across the GLOBE do not represent the will of their people.

The partisan debate and the constant "Republican this," "Democrat this," has gotten so #ing annoying. I've read the word snowflake over, and over, and over, and over - and honestly those who whine and bitch about special little snowflakes have become the 2nd generation special little snowflakes that can't just say "I'm going to move on with my life," and be done with things they don't agree with.

There are bigger fish to fry so to speak and the main table conversation are talks about bathrooms and the same # we heard back in '08 and again in '12.

We as Americans have such short memories, this has all happened before, and it's going to happen again, and again, and again, and again, and....

Four years ago Democrats and Republicans whined and bitched about problems D's and R's created and D's and R's promised to fix.

Four years before that,....

And so the cycle continues.

What?

Why would you spew all this because they said if you oppose trump you support Hillary?

It is a fact, one of these 2 will be the next president.

Maybe in your imagination this isn't a fact but here in reality it is a 100% fact.

Trump or Hillary will be the next POTUS, so yes opposing one advantages the other....

By a clue, it is the system we have not the system most folks would like.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Benghazi!

Yes, that political boondoggle that the Congressional Republicans spent months (and millions) treacherously using the deaths of Americans for political gain in a vain attempt to sabotage Hillary Clinton ... and still failed miserably.

It's nice that you are politically involved here. It's nice that like like Hillary. that's your thing. But if you want to talk about things you have no clue about, you might want to tone down the rhetoric a bit. Bengazi is where a US embassy was attacked by local fighters and the US government (led by Sect of State Hillary Clinton) denied the use of a nearby SEAL team to extract the US members there, and let them fight for hours then die. Now the reasons for that may have deep political meaning and may indeed have saved lives elsewhere (though I don't believe that ) but as a former member of the US Military, and having a basic understanding of the code real soldiers live by (never leave a man behind) this make me physically ill to think about marginalizing that attack for any political ass kissing. 4 Americans were killed and they could/might have been saved, had the gutless bitch used her power to do the right thing.

4 men were left behind. 4 Americans died for political bull#. To discard that as you did is disgraceful.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

nuff said there...perfect....

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

blow up the oil fields and take they're oil??? You think they are going to roll over and hand it to us? What if China wanted to take over the coal mines,we'd hand it over?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

BULLSNIP.

There is more than just Trillary. Johnson for instance.......

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

and how many died in Iraq for W to "finish up" what daddy didn't?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat

and how many died in Iraq for W to "finish up" what daddy didn't?

Not to mention the new ISIS threat worldwide.

Thanks Republicans.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join