It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter To Donald Trump From A Wounded Marine

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I’m the type of person you said should be a Trump supporter, but I don’t think that any veteran should support you based on what you’ve said and done since announcing you were running for president last year. It’s critical that all veterans take a close look at you and what you stand for.

Why the hell would ANY active duty support the flip side of the coin ?

Really ?

After decades of denigrating them calling the baby killers, and every other name in the book.

For DECADES go after their funding, and tell then to go fight wars politicians start.

For the last decade the flip side of that coin trying to make them pay for their own healthcare.

For the last decade thousands of veterans left to die waiting on lists.

You go right ahead and make this about Trump.

That bias is speaking loud and clear.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No one said he was supporting the flip side of the coin. You did then imposed a supposed bias upon him which only exists in your mind. He doesn't like Trump. Big deal. Trump is awful and makes fun of POWs which I base off of words that directly came from Trump's own mouth. Can't get much more idiotic than that, but if you want to support things like that then ok...

See how I put words in your mouth? Not too fun, is it?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I’m the type of person you said should be a Trump supporter, but I don’t think that any veteran should support you based on what you’ve said and done since announcing you were running for president last year. It’s critical that all veterans take a close look at you and what you stand for.

Why the hell would ANY active duty support the flip side of the coin ?

Really ?

After decades of denigrating them calling the baby killers, and every other name in the book.

For DECADES go after their funding, and tell then to go fight wars politicians start.

For the last decade the flip side of that coin trying to make them pay for their own healthcare.

For the last decade thousands of veterans left to die waiting on lists.

You go right ahead and make this about Trump.

That bias is speaking loud and clear.

Oh my god ... "baby killers" you're really going to dredge that up from the 1960s and pretend that any Democrat, liberal, leftist, progressive or anyone else on your "Love to Hate" list has said that???

And this jewel "go after their funding" ... you mean like the Republicans have done time after time?

5 Times Republicans in Congress have Screwed Veterans - US Uncut

Republicans in Congress STILL Dishonor Veterans - Politics USA

Wars that Politicians Start? You mean like the last two started by GW BUSH and Company.

A decorated war hero has a different opinion than you do. Interestingly, his is based on facts.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

It only about right or left or politics in YOUR mind.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I have nothing but CONTEMPT for those that TRY to use us military servicemen as political props.

edit on 11-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I have nothing but CONTEMPT for those that TRY to use us military servicemen as political props.

Kind of like how Trump does it, too?

Or let me guess, that doesn't count?

Check out IVAW, you'd be surprised. There are a number of former military men and women who have denounced their actions - publicly - and it has NOTHING to go with partisan politics.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: Gryphon66

Names don't bother me. Internet warriors don't bother me. What bothers me is this whole exclusionary idea that America is being ruined by "(Insert race/religion/status here)" idea. What is ruining America is the sound bite mentality and the lack of ability for Americans to think critically about anything.

I remember when we were all Americans first and foremost.

That was way back before the Reagan/Republican Revolution and over a decade of Fox News and Right Wing Radio's 24/7 constant divisive barrage.

I did my boot camp training in 1986 under Reagan. What surprised me the most when I was overseas was the way that the indigenous population from whichever country we were in referred to us...As Americans. Not Black Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans. It was simply Americans. (Hell, we referred to ourselves as green...simply because that's the color we wore 95% of the time.)

We are all still Americans...together we are the solution. Divided we are the problem.

As a great man once said "United we stand, Divided we fall."

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Saw this article yesterday - was wondering if anyone was going to post it here at ATS :-)

These are probably worthy of a thread all their own - but I'll just leave these here:

Ex-Colleague of Two Top Trump Allies Launches Pro-Clinton Group

Meg Whitman Likens Donald Trump to Fascists at Republican Retreat

Collins went on to say that she has not ruled out supporting Clinton. “I worked very well with Hillary when she was my colleague in the Senate and when she was Secretary of State,” Collins said. “But I do not anticipate voting for her this fall. I’m not going to say never, because this has been such an unpredictable situation, to say the least.”

This is what I'm talking about :-)

People with a spine and the ability to think

You can always find leftists willing to criticize the left. Always. This is something else

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I assume we're expected to ignore the many watchdog groups that have called for investigation of WWP regarding why their administrative overhead and salaries are so much higher than similar charitable veterns groups' expenses are?

I mean really, one of the WWP higher ups dislikes Trump... and?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The sad brutal truth is that if John McCain is a "war hero" then Jessica Lynch is a "war hero" too.

You'll never be able to convince an actual soldier that Lynch was any kind of "hero".

War is hell. It is the worst mankind can visit upon his fellow human beings. I lived through 42 months of it.

I do not champion the cause of American politics. I do not champion the rights or wrongs of conflict. I do everything in my power to instill in the younger generation to understand how easy it is to lose one's humanity in war. I do my utmost to make them ready to make the right moral decisions when they hold God-like power in their hands.

McCain never did that. He flew a plane a few times. Survived being a POW (God help him I can't imagine how terrible that experience was). Then he used that experience to get into politics and has been screwing over the vets and soldiers ever since (except when it's election time and he pays them lip service and reminds them he is a "war hero").

If this "light bird" was a soldier then the left should pay no attention to his opinion at all (oops- he agrees with them). If he was a Trump supporter he would be a war monger or suffering from PTSD or mTBI and unable to give a valid opinion, but since he supports Hillary (by opposing Trump) he is a war hero.

Isn't a lefty war hero an oxymoron? like jump shrimp or military intelligence?

The hypocrisy of people really knows no bounds it seems. I wonder if Huffpo will run a hit piece on him next week if he changes his mind?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

It should be obvious that you don't speak for all "actual soldiers" ... that's a brand of pomposity I'd love to see fall by the wayside.

Speak for yourself. That's good enough.

As far as what you are saying on your own, you feel like you're superior to John McCain, and I'd guess, Justin Constantine. That's your opinion, and others, I'm quite sure, have different opinions. The fact that you would downgrade ANY fellow American soldier is disgusting to me, whether you agree or disagree with their politics.

Then you devolve into implying that Americans on the Left are not capable of patriotic acts. Boring.

You're right though, hypocrisy of some people knows no bounds. Your post is proof positive.
edit on 11-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I assume we're expected to ignore the many watchdog groups that have called for investigation of WWP regarding why their administrative overhead and salaries are so much higher than similar charitable veterns groups' expenses are?

I mean really, one of the WWP higher ups dislikes Trump... and?

I don't care what you ignore. What are you doing to help our wounded veterans?

Further, yes, some people really don't like Donald Trump. So what? Does that bother you SO much, that Lt. Col. Constantine dared express an opinion contrary to yours?

Why don't you send something in to HuffPo or Breitbart or whatever venue you find titillating and see if they'll publish you?

SInce it's "just another opinion" right?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Sure a lot of anger blasting out from the left here, I guess they all fully realize the things they support just are not as important as they think.....

The reek of desperation

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Are you a veteran?

No. I don't see how that's relevant to posting a letter from a veteran... What does MY status have to do with anything?

Thanks for telling vets what we think.

And where did I do that? Oh, right! I didn't.

he represents the opposite of the values that our armed forces hold dear

ummm yeah you kinda did
edit on 12-6-2016 by elnikoz because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2016 by elnikoz because: new here, didnt know how the quotes worked at first

edit on 12-6-2016 by elnikoz because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2016 by elnikoz because: spelling

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

The sad brutal truth is that if John McCain is a "war hero" then Jessica Lynch is a "war hero" too.

You'll never be able to convince an actual soldier that Lynch was any kind of "hero".

War is hell. It is the worst mankind can visit upon his fellow human beings. I lived through 42 months of it.

I do not champion the cause of American politics. I do not champion the rights or wrongs of conflict. I do everything in my power to instill in the younger generation to understand how easy it is to lose one's humanity in war. I do my utmost to make them ready to make the right moral decisions when they hold God-like power in their hands.

McCain never did that. He flew a plane a few times. Survived being a POW (God help him I can't imagine how terrible that experience was). Then he used that experience to get into politics and has been screwing over the vets and soldiers ever since (except when it's election time and he pays them lip service and reminds them he is a "war hero").

If this "light bird" was a soldier then the left should pay no attention to his opinion at all (oops- he agrees with them). If he was a Trump supporter he would be a war monger or suffering from PTSD or mTBI and unable to give a valid opinion, but since he supports Hillary (by opposing Trump) he is a war hero.

Isn't a lefty war hero an oxymoron? like jump shrimp or military intelligence?

The hypocrisy of people really knows no bounds it seems. I wonder if Huffpo will run a hit piece on him next week if he changes his mind?

I never saw combat, different eras I suppose. I have 7 years active duty, and I do not agree with you. You are my brother, we put our names on that line, but no one can speak for all veterans.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
ITT: Someone you cannot question without triggering the pc police doesn't like Donald Trump. WHATCHA GONNA SAY NOW TRUMP SUPPORTERS?? Are you gonna question this war hero's opinion like a bunch of terrorists?

OP were you paid to post this garbage? lol

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth."
edit on 13-6-2016 by elnikoz because: spelling

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join