It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhammad Ali Brings Back Hostages From Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
First of all to me this story is new, never heard of it before and couldn't even find it here after searching unless its hiding under another title.

so for those like me who never heard of it before, here is what happened

in 1990 after the invasion of Kuwait by the Iraqi troops some American hostages were taken to Iraq , but on October Saddam released the women and children and kept the men.

on November 23 Mohammad Ali went to Iraq where he was invited by a peace organization lead by Ramsey Clark a former US attorney general in hope that alis popularity would help release the remaining hostages, and it did when Saddam Husein promised Ali that he will not leave empty handed.

here is a short video just under 7 min

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

pretty awesome.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Brilliant, as if he can't get any better he's also a freedom fighter.

Fantastic man.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

It takes a hell of a man to gain freedom by use of the fist, but a legendary man to give others freedom by way of his mere presence.

It is strange to me, that such a lesson has been easily forgotten over such a short period, although, I suppose it should not seem strange, because this is the way mankind operates. It forgets what it must remember, and remembers that which is best forgotten, to its detriment.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

well said my friend , but what strikes me that as old as i was at that time i have no recollection of this event what so ever, i mean does anyone here too ?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Edward Heath did the same thing for British hostages that were being used by Saddam Hussein as a human shield.

edit on 10/6/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Edward Heath did the same thing for British hostages that were being used by Saddam Hussein as a human shield.

well he should be given credit for doing so , and he deserves a thread of his own

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What i love about Ali: he was called "The Greatest" not because people saw him and gave him that name. No, he was called "The Greatest" because he gave himself that name, and no one dared argue with him.

I've always appreciated his rather soft spoken bravado. You could always see that smile just lurking behind the words. Watching him deteriorate was hard.

top topics

join