It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders vows to work with Hillary Clinton as Democrats move toward party unity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Democrats took giant steps toward party unity Thursday as Bernie Sanders vowed to work together with Hillary Clinton to defeat Donald Trump in November and President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden formally endorsed Clinton for president.

Sanders' decision to continue his White House bid even after Clinton became the party's presumptive presidential nominee has had Democrats on high alert as they seek to quickly change gears and take on Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee. Sanders' first explicit promise on Thursday to join forces with Clinton to take on the Republicans will help quell concerns among Democrats about divisions in the party.
Link

Bernie Sanders is just keeping the promise that he made a while back.

Bernie Sanders Says He Will ‘Certainly Support’ Hillary Clinton If She’s The Democratic Nominee
“Sure I will,” he said, when pressed by CBS News’ Charlie Rose in an interview. “Look, as I said a million times, I think the idea of a Donald Trump or a Ted Cruz presidency would be an unmitigated disaster for this country. I will do everything in my power and work as hard as I can to make sure that that does not happen. And if Secretary Clinton is the nominee, I will certainly support her.”

I don't know how Sanders supporters ever watched the video below and still thought Sanders was an "outsider." According to Chris Hedges, Sanders campaigned for Bill Clinton in 1992 and 1996. What else do you need to know?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Looks like the "people's champion" Bernie just sold out to the highest bidder.

I disagreed completely with his policies, but at least he seemed to care about the people, however misguided he may have been. But, no. He's just as big a dirt bag.

They're all scum, burn it down.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Bernie Sanders is a major big time sucker.

Robbed of the nomination through the twisted super delegate system and the man shows to have the backbone of a jellyfish.

Rather than stand up and tell the nation how he was robbed he prefers to back the crooked treacherous slime bag coughing fit fossil that is Billary that screwed him over in the first place.......SUCKER.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Whoever decides to team up with that criminal hillary, is no better than her.

Too bad, seems like bernie is part of the establishment after all

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It's funny that so many people thought that Bernie is not part of the establishment.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is not shocking. Bernie has said all along that if Hillary was the nominee, he would support her. He hasn't given up yet, though. He'll go all the way to the convention.

I personally agree with him that we can't let Trump be President of the United States. If voting for Hillary is the only way to stop that, then I guess I'll (grudgingly) vote for her.

One of my main concerns is Scalia's replacement. The one thing I know I can trust Hillary on is that she won't nominate a super conservative replacement. Her replacement will at the very least, be a moderate. Who knows what Trump will do. I can't take that chance. It's important enough to me to swallow my bile and vote for Clinton.

Honestly, I think we'll have 4 more years of the same if Hillary gets in. While I'm not thrilled with that, I can live with it. I just don't think I could live with 4 years of some guy who has the tact of a rabid dog, and an ego the size of Trump Towers. I think electing Trump would be dangerous for our country, and I truly believe that.

If nothing else, what Bernie has accomplished is to help wake Americans up to the corruption of politics. He has been recommending certain politicians running for office that he says are on the same page as him. We should all listen to him and vote for these people if they are in our area. The more we do that, the more chance we have of getting the corrupt out of congress. That actually could make a difference in the years ahead.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Trump is big time supporter of the democrats...

I dont know why everyone seems to think this guy is some arch Right wing nut bag..

I would wager his pick wouldnt be much different than Hillary's.

eta: he was brought in by the republicans to basically run interference for their chosen candidate... then when their chosen candidate fell on his face... they were stuck with him.
edit on 10-6-2016 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

He flip flops too much. One day he seems more moderate, the next day he seems more conservative. Hell, I've seen him flip flop on the same subject in the same day! I can't trust him.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Sanders

I know I said open boarders are koch brothers scheme to lower the salaries of American workers.

I know I said that big banks are bad

I know I said I want to get money out of politics

So I am going to support the person the Koch brothers are supporting and who supports open boarders, I am going to support the person who has brought more money into politics then anyone.

Hillary to Bernie....will your people buy that speech

The Bern to Hillary....These are the same group of people that haven't had an anti war protest since Obama has been elected, and Obama has bombed more people then Bush ever did. When I tell them to drink, they will do it so fast, it will make Jim Jones jelous

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
It's funny that so many people thought that Bernie is not part of the establishment.

I don't know why people think he's so anti-establishment either. Maybe because they'd never heard of him or something... But I've been aware of Bernie (and Warren) for years! Bernie promised in the beginning that if Hillary won, he'd support her 100% and that's just what he's doing. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I see no shame in supporting one's competitor in the primaries with the goal of defeating the main competitor in the race. It happens every election on both sides. For them, it's about the party victory. To me, it's about keeping Trump away from our laws.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

So much for Bernie being different.

He just sold his soul to the Devil.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

She beat him in overall votes and delegates. Take the super delegates out of the equation and she still beat him by nearly four hundred pledged delegates. No one stole anything.
edit on 6102016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Despicable. What a betrayal to the millions who supported him.

The man completely abandoned all his principles when he joined the "Democratic" Party.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I knew he was a sellout the entire time.

What a punk.

I hope and pray this disenfranchises half his voting base.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Despicable. What a betrayal to the millions who supported him.

What betrayal? We KNEW he would keep his word and support her if she won. He TOLD us that. We expected this. How is that a betrayal???

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

He vows to work with her to defeat Trump. If Cruz was the nominee I dunno if Bernie would be so eager to work with Clinton, but then again, Cruz sucks big time.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

BS..

Calling it like it is, typical party politician saying what he thinks everyone wants to hear.

Great liar that's about it.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Irishhaf

He flip flops too much. One day he seems more moderate, the next day he seems more conservative. Hell, I've seen him flip flop on the same subject in the same day! I can't trust him.

I dont either; and I am not going to vote for him..

But voting for Clinton.. nope.. I cant stomach it; she has proven time and again that she is out for herself only with no thought for anyone or anything else... she repulses me in a way I have trouble articulating.

Out of the two though Trump is the one that is easier to read in my opinion... he will ultimately do whats best for Trump.. Hillary will do whatever it takes to get her name in the history books consequences dont matter...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Umm yeah, welcome to politics. If Bernie wants any of his policies to be introduced under a Clinton reign he had to work with her. That said, he does not want Trump in office and will do everything in his power to prevent it and that's no BS.

But, if we're calling Bernie a liar then we can continue to call Trump a liar because now that's he's the GOP nominee he's going to be working with all career politicans but more importantly, their wealthy donors. So I guess everyone who supported their anti establishment candidates was lied to, eh?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Trump in office and will do everything in his power to prevent it and that's no BS.

Excuses for why Bernie was is and has been a party politician the entire time.

We all know the Clintons are as bad as the Bush's as far elitism and pandering to the banking elite.

Excuses for why your a democrat and using Trump as an excuse to support the establishment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join