It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wondering if others have this experience with tattoos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

I'm not crazy I swear. I must have a high pain tolerance, also an addiction. It's more than just art, it's a process, and to me it's worth it.

My latest one on my calf is 50 dots. It's a connect the dots of a squirrel. It's just the dots and numbers.

My husband and kids and friends are always asking to connect them too. a simple pen and it lasts till I take a shower and ta-da looks like a big smattering of dark freckles.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm about 30% covered and have never noticed the left/right difference. I have, however, bruised extremely badly on the inside of my biceps. Like blotchy yellow and black swollen mess bruised. The thing was, the tattoo didn't hurt. It was a different artist than normal (a buddy of mine who is fairly new to tattooing), different machines, etc. but still.

Feet are hands down the worst, followed by collar bone (two separate artists, both hurt like you know what), and then ribs and spine.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Bruising means that he went too deep, that there is no 'one depth fits all' ink-pushing!

I disagree

He should have noticed.

Occurred two days after

In all my years of tattooing (22), I have never caused 'bruising'.

i don't believe you

Sorry about the poor experience, but, I assume that it will, eventually heal.

It was a very positive experience. I've known the guy for a long time and he has a 6 month wait list, people fly in to get tattooed from him from all over, not just the US.

When I finish with a tat, after sterilizing the area I covered it with some Saran Wrap.

Yeah everyone does that.

In a day or so

Yeah no. Take it off after 4-6 hours and wash it.

I don't think you were a tattoo artist for 22 years. Love to see some of your work if you were.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

My latest one on my calf is 50 dots. It's a connect the dots of a squirrel. It's just the dots and numbers. My husband and kids and friends are always asking to connect them too. a simple pen and it lasts till I take a shower and ta-da looks like a big smattering of dark freckles.
a reply to: Squirlli

Haha, love it! What a great idea!

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hi, ive got a good few tattoos myself and have tatts on the tops of both arms. When getting the right arm done I said to the tattooist that I was feeling it more than when my left arm was done as they are in the same position and he told me that when getting tattooed on both arms people feel it more on their stronger arm, bcos I'm right handed that's the one I felt more, he explained that with using my right arm more it feels worse due to something to do with the nerve endings being more on point. The way he explained it was, you use you strong arm and hand to touch, feel, carry mobile phone things we take for granted that actually make it more susceptible to pain and aching than the weaker arm. Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Domo, I'm sorry you have discomfort and bruising. I hope it heals soon, and is exactly what you wanted with no pesky medical problems.

Here's a link to photo's of ATS members tats -- I don't' have any, but this was kind of a fun thread in case any of you guys missed it, or are interested in showing your own.

hint hint

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6/10/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: hint hint

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Bruising means that he went too deep, that there is no 'one depth fits all' ink-pushing!

I disagree

So what?
Is that all you have?
Let's hear your theory?
Enlighten us!

He should have noticed.

Occurred two days after

As such bruising can often do.
It takes a bit of time for the deeper damage to reach the surface.
But, I am detecting a juvenile peevish attitude.
Why?

In all my years of tattooing (22), I have never caused 'bruising'.

i don't believe you

Yup, juvenile, peevish...
On the rag?
And, for the record, I couldn't care less what you 'believe', I was kinda hoping for some rational 'thought', though.

Sorry about the poor experience, but, I assume that it will, eventually heal.

It was a very positive experience. I've known the guy for a long time and he has a 6 month wait list, people fly in to get tattooed from him from all over, not just the US.

Then, you go worship your hero and go bleed.

When I finish with a tat, after sterilizing the area I covered it with some Saran Wrap.

Yeah everyone does that.

Actually, no, everyone doesn't do that.
You obviously get your vast knowledge from Tattoo magazine.

In a day or so

Yeah no. Take it off after 4-6 hours and wash it.

So, Einstein, where did your bruising come from?
Martians in your rectum?

I don't think you were a tattoo artist for 22 years. Love to see some of your work if you were.

In case you missed it the first time, I couldn't give a rat's ass what you 'believe'.
I generously replied to your question, and like some snot-nosed hero worshipper crapping his shorts because I suggested that his hero screwed up and you, like some teenager drunk on his know-it-all come out peevish and swinging?
Bite me!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Squirlli

That sound... that whirr of the needle machine....

The smell of the soap, and the cool wipe off when it's done....

The sting of needle to skin...

It's all more relaxing than any spa I have ever been to.

Yeah, YOU know what I mean!
Paradise! *__-

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

No, never permanent. It is as how you described.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I've never experienced bruising....but I will totally concur that different patches of skin have very different responses. And it's not necessarily symmetrical. One patch of skin on the right side will hurt like a mo fo and the exact same patch on the left side is slightly more than a tickle.

On your back is really weird. Your actual spine vibrates, but doesn't really hurt. It's not until about an inch or 2 away from the spine that the pain sets in...your nerves are actually reaching up to the surface there. And if they start getting near your armpit it feels like it's up IN your armpit, several inches from where the needle actually is.

There was a spot on the back of my neck that made my left foot twitch. So weird.

Congrats on your tats. I'm jealous. I've got a nervous disorder now that I didn't have before, so mine will never be finished.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Inside my right bicep stung quite a bit.

My right forearm was super mellow.

My left ring finger stung a little but not nearly as bad as the inside bicep.

Nothing to scare me away though! I can't wait to get more ink.

I have some bright red on each one that turned out really good too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join