It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive New Monument Found in Petra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Mas sive New Monument Found in Petra

Satellites and drones helped reveal huge ceremonial platform near the ancient city’s center.

An enormous monument has been hiding in plain sight at the World Heritage site of Petra, according to a study recently published in the Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research.

Archaeologists Sarah Parcak, a National Geographic fellow, and Christopher Tuttle, executive director of the Council of American Overseas Research Centers, used high-resolution satellite imagery followed by aerial drone photography and ground surveys to locate and document the structure.

They report that the monument is roughly as long as an Olympic-size swimming pool and twice as wide.

If you like ancient finds...

In my opinion, this was a pretty interesting find. I thought I'd share it here with you. This just goes to show you that there are still lost bits of our history being discovered.

"The enormous platform has no known parallels to any other structure in Petra."

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Petra has long been a favorite topic of mine.

All the more so because of the role it WILL PLAY in sheltering Israeli's for a few years in the not distant future.

Interesting times, for sure.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Just found topic had already been posted earlier New secrets discovered at Petra

Mods...

We need to close thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Cool find Slayer, nonetheless...!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I have always found Petra fascinating.

I think theres other reasons why the Middle East the way it is and it's always been my position that they are searching for something.

Kind of like how the Nazis were searching for mystery objects known to hold power.
edit on 6/9/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wow....drones....three flags and a star

I do belive it's a sound stage....the historians of the time record the young poets and song makers were infecting their youths minds...

Petra is sacred.
edit on 9-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 9-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Petra is very interesting and imho there's a lot more to be found. There's a history there we may not yet fully understand.

top topics

join