It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Possible ? Obama to Hang onto the Presidency

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Given the amount of talk about Obama not handing over the reigns to the presidency and calling Martial Law, could it be possible that the 2 candidates be found guilty of fraud or criminal activities ?. Such as Hillary being Jailed for the Benghazi incident and/or the Emails Scandal and Trump found guilty of some private business dealings and jailed.

If both GOP and Democrat Candidates are in jail could Obama hang on to the Presidency somehow ? what would the process be ?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If there's not already an Executive Order, he could easily write one.

Possible.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Not going to happen

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If Obama is lucky Trump will give him a comped week at his new DC hotel after the election and/or inauguration.
edit on 06pm30pmf0000002016-06-09T21:44:08-05:000908 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Not going to happen

I'm not asking that, I'm asking what would the process be.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth

originally posted by: onequestion
Not going to happen

I'm not asking that, I'm asking what would the process be.

If the Dem and Repub candidates go to jail?

Looks like we'll have to vote for Gary Johnson! Oh well!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

There would be a special election, if all this hypothetical happens after coniventions. I think the Senate becomes involved. But Obama cannot be elected again.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
Given the amount of talk about Obama not handing over the reigns to the presidency

Made up be people who did not want Obama to be President in the first place.

Can you link us to all the talk about that?

] Such as Hillary being Jailed for the Benghazi incident

Exactly why would she be jailed for that???

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
If Obama is lucky Trump will give him a comped week at his new DC hotel after the election and/or inauguration.

Maybe.
But I just read somewhere that Trump is actually dropping out of the race...

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

If both GOP and Democrat Candidates are in jail could Obama hang on to the Presidency somehow ?

No. Not possible.

The Constitution of the United States of America forbids an individual from serving more than two terms (ignoring the special case of taking over mid term - Lyndon Johnson could have run for a second term on his own even though he served part of Kennedy's term).

The Constitution of the United States of America contains contingency plans in case the President Elect does not 'qualify'. The Electoral College elects the President (and Vice President) and the Congress confirms that election. If the President-Elect does not 'qualify' then the Vice President serves until he/she does (which may be never, of course).

If both major party candidates are in jail, then the Electoral College will not elect them and the Congress would not accept that election if they did.

what would the process be ?

There is no process whereby President Obama can serve as President (or Vice President for that matter) beyond January 20, 2017.

None. At. All.

The Constitution of the United States can be easily found on the internet. I recommend you have a read of it, it can be very enlightening.

I recommend this site: Cornell University Law School: Legal Information Institute: U.S. Constitution. It has links out explaining the various provisions and how amendments override or enhance those provisions.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the parties have rules in place that if the candidates are not available for whatever reason after being nominated then the party leadership would select new candidates.

I think it's close to the same for both parties.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Given the amount of talk about Obama not handing over the reigns to the presidency and calling Martial Law,

Just for historical completeness, the exact same claim was made about G.W. Bush - and the discussions on ATS were numerous and you could count on specific individuals to bring it up at the craziest times.

It's just folks breathing their parent's basement rumpus room oxygen trying to see how far their silly rumors can carry.

I swear their are a bunch of people who find sport in this stuff. Some kind of underground 'counting coup' thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Maybe. But I just read somewhere that Trump is actually dropping out of the race...

99.44% of the time that something sounds too good to be true, it is.
edit on 9/6/2016 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Would never happen man. Laws won't allow it. If Clinton and Trump were both found guilty of something one of the other candidates would get elected.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa
It's just folks breathing their parent's basement rumpus room oxygen trying to see how far their silly rumors can carry.

I swear their are a bunch of people who find sport in this stuff. Some kind of underground 'counting coup' thing.

Exactly like some people are doing with the "Mandela Effect"!

Just look at the nonsense birthers have pushed, claiming it is factual.

Then we have threads like

A List of Suspicious Deaths Connected To The Obama Administration
I am confused, does Obama stand down next elections?
Obama is a Sleeper Cell...
the Destruction of America's Culture
What if President Obama refuses to step down?
Barack Obama will be The Anti Christ Glenda Jackson -
Obama Will “Suspend” 2016 Presidential Election

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I can picture it now...

Election Night, 2016 and both Candidates are waiting in their respective jail cells waiting to hear which one of them won hte election...

But no, Obama couldn't hang onto power, regardless.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Please, don't even give that thought ANY consideration!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Everyone said the exact same things about Bush Jr -- and they also had the added argument of the war(s) in Iraq and Afghanistan (along with the war on terror & Patriot Act) to go on.

If a POTUS was going to hang on to the office longer than elected, it would have been Bush Jr in '08.

So, to answer the question? No. Obama is NOT going to hang on to the presidency.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Here's something of note....two days after he leaves office in January......the emperor of the U N is to be elected....

that person will be the new world order leader....yup...that other one.....not the false prophet....mr big himself....

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Here's something of note....two days after he leaves office in January......the emperor of the U N is to be elected....

that person will be the new world order leader....yup...that other one.....not the false prophet....mr big himself....

The UN has no emperor it has a Secretary General who has no power other than putting issues before the Security Council to debate. Also when the Sec Gen is selected any the permanent members on on the Security Council can veto it which is why none of those nations the US, Russia, China, France and the UK will hold the position. Since it a mostly symbolic position it gets traded from region to region around the World.

As for Obama not only can he not stay in power he clearly can not wait to get out of office, pretty much like any other 2 term President. He is off to make millions giving speeches and writing a book like they all do.
edit on 10-6-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join