It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Letter to Sanders Supporters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
And Democrats dissatisfied with the Clinton Establishment Candidacy.

Vote Trump!

That's right, and I'm going to explain to you why.

First and foremost, why do you like Bernie Sanders? You largely like him because he is Anti-Establishment. You largely like him because he has zero'd in on America's problems, and those problems are Decades of Establishment Politics from both sides of the Aisle.

Secondly, lets take a look at what will happen IF Clinton wins. If President Hillary Clinton happens, you can guarantee she and the establishment will be extremely bitter about the difficulty Bernie Sanders gave them during this primary season. They will do EVERYTHING in their power to ensure the anti-establishment vote is squelched. They will never again allow a Bernie Sanders or any other popular anti-establishment candidate get so close to securing the democratic candidacy. We will have at least 50 years of Democratic Establishment complete control over their own party, and every Primary will be a coronation for a Clinton or Clinton Minded individual. "Never again" will be their slogan.

Now lets see what will happen if Trump wins. The Democratic Establishment will be sent a strong message. Never again will the people bend over and submit to their establishment candidate. Never again will you swallow your pride and vote "D" just because they aren't a Republican. Sanders and his supporters will come back in four years stronger, more popular and louder than every before. They WILL win, and after four short years of Trump, you will have a candidate who is anti-establishment. You will win, and you will not have to suffer eight years of Clinton followed by many years of establishment candidates being stuffed down your throat.

I implore you to not fall into line and not be taken in by the scare mongering. We have survived a President Bush for eight years, we have survived a President Obama for eight years, we can and will survive a President Trump for four years. America is a strong nation, and we can survive almost anything. However we have to send that message.

We started this election believing it was "BUSH VS CLINTON" we all "knew" that was our choice and all of this was a charade. We all said at the beginning, "Anyone but Bush and Clinton" If the people won it would have been "TRUMP VS SANDERS" The people only won half of this, so I tell you this is NOT "CLINTON VS TRUMP" this election is "ESTABLISHMENT VS ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT"

Trump is the only candidate we have to stand up against the establishment. They hate him and they hate you. Don't let them win. If you supported Sanders, you should support Trump. If you're tired of the grid-lock in Washington, if you're sick and tired of the same politics we have suffered for the last two decades, than try something different. Yes the way Trump says things can be scary, and we aren't used to it, but perhaps that's a good thing.

Stand up America, Vote Trump not for Trump's Sake, but to send a message to Washington, and perhaps, our children will never have to worry about a possible "BUSH VS CLINTON" choice ever again, perhaps our children will be able to have Candidates that we can all be proud of.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Trump should make Bernie his first option of vp
That might give trump some credibility and temper trumps stupidity
edit on 9-6-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Honestly i didnt have to read this post. Why? I already knew by the second paragraph that it was everything i already knew. But listen. You don't have to try and persuade me. It is either bernie sanders or trump. And for me i am writing in Bernie sanders on my ballot.

But if bernie gives up i am voting trump. Hillary isn't even an option for me. She is greyed out like an option found on windows computers that you can't select no matter what you do. Hillary crooktin belongs in prison.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Trump is nothing more than a spoiler.

I wouldn't doubt he would go so far as to fake his own death, or at least maybe go so far as to say "I was just kidding" and walk away.

This whole thing is a complete farce and means nothing because with the electoral college deciding who will head up this great bag fake government and country will decide in the end who the new boss is.

The popular vote means absolutely nothing.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I agree but I'm afraid this will fall on deaf ears. Everyone seems to have dug their trenches and prepared themselves to fight it out for their candidate until the bitter end.

If you can convince even one Berner to not vote to Hillary though than this will have been worth it.

I don't think any Trump supporters expect things to be perfect under Trump, but there is a chance we can say no to the Bush/Clinton Dynasty and at the very least give the middle finger to the establishment and the status quo.

Maybe Trump will suck, maybe he won't, but it will NOT be the end of the world.

At the end of the day I was promised Hope and Change by Obama and after 8 years I just Hope for some Change from the status quo.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I appreciate the sentiment and zeal. You've always respected Bernie and his supporters during this campaign season, something that a lot of people could learn from.
That said, I cannot vote for either Trump or Clinton. I won't. Neither represents my ideals and values.
I'm keeping an open mind for anyone else, though. If anything this November, I'll do my civic duty and vote for everything else on the ballot, but if necessary, leave the spot for President of the United States blank.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Better than voting for Trump, vote for Gary Johnson.
I really think this time around enough votes will go to a third party so the future WILL be better!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I've given it a lot of thought and I think that -- in the end -- I'll vote for Trump. Write-in's are cute, and third parties are sexy, but, frankly -- I'm bored with the "game."

Either Trump is a Dem in Gop clothes (after all -- he has always been a Democrat, wherever that even means anymore), or he will nuke the system from orbit.

Either is preferable to Hillary Clinton, as far as I am concerned.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
I agree but I'm afraid this will fall on deaf ears. Everyone seems to have dug their trenches and prepared themselves to fight it out for their candidate until the bitter end.

If you can convince even one Berner to not vote to Hillary though than this will have been worth it.

I personally know a few dozen Bernie supporters that will NOT vote Hillary under any circumstance. A few may vote trump, but the rest are undecided on a third party candidate or just not voting.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I sure would not vote for Hillary, based on her past reputation. I will vote for Trump since Sanders is not going to be in the running for president. I wish Sanders would have got picked.

Can't the find an honest and sincere woman to run for president? Hillary has confidence but it is not truth based confidence, she is excellent at deceiving the public.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

No.

#neverTrumporClinton

Gary Johnson or Jill Stein 2016

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
Vote Trump!

No. Not EVER.

First and foremost, why do you like Bernie Sanders? You largely like him because he is Anti-Establishment.

Wrong again. Two people can be anti-establishment and yet still be 180 degrees out from each other. That's Bernie and Trump. And I think you're fooling yourself, thinking Trump is anti-establishment. He'll fall right in line with the establishment Republicans - he's already doing so!

You have high hopes and expectations about a Trump presidency, stating the future as if you know what would happen with each president, but I'm afraid I don't share your fantasy. I do think a Trump presidency would be a disaster, but I'm not afraid or operating out of fear. I don't WANT him for president, no matter WHO else is running. I can't think of a more despicable and incompetent person for the office! THAT'S why I would NEVER vote for Trump. Not because I fear something. But because he doesn't want to be a leader. He wants to WIN and that's all.

I believe the country will survive just fine either way.

And I do believe the message of anti-establishment preference has already gotten through. Bernie and Trump have shaken things up and that's great! But putting Trump as the "leader" of the free world would be a huge mistake for the country, not because he's scary (which he is), but because he has NO CLUE how to be a leader or president.

If you're tired of the grid-lock in Washington, if you're sick and tired of the same politics we have suffered for the last two decades, than try something different.

Different doesn't mean better. A president, no matter WHO he or she is, can't do a think about grid-lock in Washington. That's Congress. We have to vote for new representatives and senators.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If you are a Bernie supporter you have to know how badly Bernie was treated by the democrat party and the Hillary machine. How it was already decided to crown Hillary queen of the party. I am a Trump supporter and I can tell you that if the republican establishment had done to him what they did to Bernie I would never vote for whoever they put up, ever.

Bernie fought good and hard no matter if you agree with his stances or not. For the most part only Trump gave him any respect other than an occasional return jab here and there whenever Bernie felt the need to give him one. But he has shown respect for all of Bernie's supporters, unlike anyone else. In the end both candidates are outsiders and both believe bad trade deals have screwed the people big time. And both believe in the second amendment. And as a Trump supporter I can tell you that we would glad to have your vote for the other outsider candidate should the democrats finish their work of destruction on Bernie as they plan to.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

But Trump is part of the establishment. Not the Washington set, but the establishment all the same! He runs all their gin joints, golf clubs, and event locations. He has his dirty, insidious, disgusting tendrils in the same investment nonsense that all the other untrustworthy scum have. To say that a man such as Trump is not part of an establishment, is the same as saying a man like me is not street smart.

It's bunkum.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

"I was just kidding" and walk away.

This option has been niggling at the back of my brain all along.
But now, I am not so sure. From the beginning he knew he was tapping into a groundswell of resentment of the established order and played himself as "anti-establishment " Now, as Clinton reeks of establishment what would happen to all his 'believers' were he to just walk away. Man, they'd go nuts.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Voting for Hillary or Trump is the exact same. Trump is big steaming pile of crap and Hillary is a big steaming pile of crap.

No, I will never vote for either, but my vote will be counted.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
I appreciate the sentiment and zeal. You've always respected Bernie and his supporters during this campaign season, something that a lot of people could learn from.

Thank you for this, Trump and Sanders are two sides of the same coin. They are both Anti-Establishment and they both pinpointed the problems facing our country.

Yes they both have different political approaches to those problems, but realizing you have a problem is the first step towards fixing it.

Clinton does not think we have a problem, she wants to continue as we have been.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

How would he benefit from walking away at this point?? It makes no sense.

People who really believe this are on the same mental level as people who believe Obama will refuse to leave office and have a third term.

It's the worst of the worst kind of fear mongering and it has no basis in reality. Tell me one thing Trump would gain by just saying "Ahhh it was all a joke, peace!"

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
lol a democrat voting trump is as unlikely as voting for the even nuttier libertarian variety.

mods: isn't this obvious astroturfing?
the original post is in no way an opinion or theory, rather a straightforward attempt to garner votes.
websites should ultimately be impartial but, allowing blatant gerrymandering?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
lol a democrat voting trump is as unlikely as voting for the even nuttier libertarian variety.

mods: isn't this obvious astroturfing?
the original post is in no way an opinion or theory, rather a straightforward attempt to garner votes.
websites should ultimately be impartial but, allowing blatant gerrymandering?

Excuse me? I had to look up "astroturfing" and that is certainly not what this is. You can easily look back at my posting history to know I have no affiliation with any organization. This post IS my opinion and my theories....

How about you discuss the topic instead of attacking the poster?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join